KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 3 Ideas

Transformers 3 Ideas
Started by: Darth Rex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Gender: Male
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away! Top Secret C

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Longinus
This is how I would outline a Transformers 3 if I were to direct it

Transformers 3 Outline

1. Unicron/Primus backstory detailing the birth of Cybertron and the Transformers. The original twelve are created to help battle Unicron. Eventually after Unicron has been defeated and imprisoned, Primus transforms into Cybertron itself and creates a race of sentient machines, the transformers. They are placed into two classes, workers (autobots) and soldiers (decepticons) and soon a war erupts between the two factions.

2. Optimus Prime’s beacon eventually reaches the receptors of Autobots and Decepticons alike and they crash upon the Earth and begin to wage war. This wave of Transformers consist of autobots Hot Rod, Prowl, Grimlock, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Ultra Magnus and Aelita One and decepticons Shockwave, Trypticon, Ramjet, Thrust and Sixshot. Initially the autobots were being defeated until Metroplex arrives and evens the battle. Optimus and his team of Autobots along with Depth Charge arrive and in the ensuing chaos Skids, Mudflap and Sideswipe are all destroyed. Shockwave cuts his loses and calls for a tactical retreat.

3. Many lives are lost and the events are broadcast by newstations. Among the numbers are Sam’s parents. Public opinion turns against the Autobots and they are forced to either engage in war with the Earth or return to space. They choose the later. Sam says his final goodbyes to the beings he has come to view as family and friend alike. Sam gives Bumblebee the last remaining piece of the all spark as a memento.

4. Shockwave and his troop of Decepticons travel to the Decepticon base and overthrow the rotting Megatron. The treacherous Starscream is killed, his face melted by Shockwave’s cannon. The remaining decepticons swear servitude to Shockwave. As the dying Megatron floats through the darkest depths of space he has a fateful encounter with the imprisoned Unicron. He smashes into the sealed and resting destroyer and wakes him. Unicron then turns the ravaged Megatron into his herald, the powerful Galvatron.

5. Leadership of the Autobots is challenged by Grimlock, commander of the Dinobots. Feeling that Optimus is too passive, the war veterans engage in a fierce fight and the autobots are torn between their respect for Optimus and the quick end to the war that Grimlock represents. Optimus emerges victorious and he names Rodimus his new 2nd in command.

6. Galvatron informs Unicron of a bountiful planet, defenseless, just waiting to be consumed…the Earth. As Unicron makes his way to the Earth, Galvatron battles the decepticons and defeats them. Shockwave attempts to gain the aid of Optimus Prime by joining forces. Upon witnessing the passing Unicron consume Jupiter and Mars and nearly being taken offline by Galvatron Optimus concedes and the two warring forces unite. They prepare for the final battle and warn the nations of the world the impending doom that lies ahead should they fail.

7. Every transformer is summoned to the Moon where a first and last line of dense is made. Human militaries the world over launch nuclear missiles that do little to impede the quickly closing destroyer. Generals Epps and Lennox coordinate the attack. On cybertron, Optimus reads the historical records of their planet and learns that Cybertron was once a transformer itself. On the moon as the united Transformers are ravaged by Unicron and Galvatron and the other heralds. Meanwhile on Cybertron, Bumblebee places the last remaining piece of the allspark inside the core of cybertron. Cybertron then reconstructs into Primus, creator of all transformers and he upgrades Optimus. They quickly leave for the moon.

8. Arriving Primus and Unicron immediately do battle with all other transformers attacking Unicron’s body. Optimus and Galvatron do battle across Unicron. Optimus is deafeating Galvatron when Galvatron surrenders. Deceptively, Galvatron blasts a hole into Optimus centimeters from his spark to which Optimus reacts by grabbing Megatron and ripping him in two. As Megatron halves explode in Optimus’ hands, he falls to his knees and unto his side. Unicron is soon defeated and floats lifelessly in space.

9. The transformers rush to Optimus’ aid and as he breathes his last breath, he passes the matrix of leadership that rests in his remaining spark onto Hot Rod now named Rodimus Prime. Bumblebee begs that Primus restore Optimus’ spark, to which Optimus says no and that he desires rest. Unicron is hurled into the sun, where his remains disintegrate. Optimus is taken into the core of Cybertron where he rests and his spark is slowly reassembled for a day he should need to be awakened.

10. The Transformers end their century’s old war and repair the destroyed cybertron and Primus again does dormant and sleeps. Many transformers stay behind on Earth to rebuild cities they have destroyed and Rodimus leads them in accordance with Optimus’ past actions.



Thats good i really like it!
one question what would shockwave's alt form be?


__________________

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 09:26 AM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Longinus
This is how I would outline a Transformers 3 if I were to direct it

Transformers 3 Outline

1. Unicron/Primus backstory detailing the birth of Cybertron and the Transformers. The original twelve are created to help battle Unicron. Eventually after Unicron has been defeated and imprisoned, Primus transforms into Cybertron itself and creates a race of sentient machines, the transformers. They are placed into two classes, workers (autobots) and soldiers (decepticons) and soon a war erupts between the two factions.

2. Optimus Prime’s beacon eventually reaches the receptors of Autobots and Decepticons alike and they crash upon the Earth and begin to wage war. This wave of Transformers consist of autobots Hot Rod, Prowl, Grimlock, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Ultra Magnus and Aelita One and decepticons Shockwave, Trypticon, Ramjet, Thrust and Sixshot. Initially the autobots were being defeated until Metroplex arrives and evens the battle. Optimus and his team of Autobots along with Depth Charge arrive and in the ensuing chaos Skids, Mudflap and Sideswipe are all destroyed. Shockwave cuts his loses and calls for a tactical retreat.

3. Many lives are lost and the events are broadcast by newstations. Among the numbers are Sam’s parents. Public opinion turns against the Autobots and they are forced to either engage in war with the Earth or return to space. They choose the later. Sam says his final goodbyes to the beings he has come to view as family and friend alike. Sam gives Bumblebee the last remaining piece of the all spark as a memento.

4. Shockwave and his troop of Decepticons travel to the Decepticon base and overthrow the rotting Megatron. The treacherous Starscream is killed, his face melted by Shockwave’s cannon. The remaining decepticons swear servitude to Shockwave. As the dying Megatron floats through the darkest depths of space he has a fateful encounter with the imprisoned Unicron. He smashes into the sealed and resting destroyer and wakes him. Unicron then turns the ravaged Megatron into his herald, the powerful Galvatron.

5. Leadership of the Autobots is challenged by Grimlock, commander of the Dinobots. Feeling that Optimus is too passive, the war veterans engage in a fierce fight and the autobots are torn between their respect for Optimus and the quick end to the war that Grimlock represents. Optimus emerges victorious and he names Rodimus his new 2nd in command.

6. Galvatron informs Unicron of a bountiful planet, defenseless, just waiting to be consumed…the Earth. As Unicron makes his way to the Earth, Galvatron battles the decepticons and defeats them. Shockwave attempts to gain the aid of Optimus Prime by joining forces. Upon witnessing the passing Unicron consume Jupiter and Mars and nearly being taken offline by Galvatron Optimus concedes and the two warring forces unite. They prepare for the final battle and warn the nations of the world the impending doom that lies ahead should they fail.

7. Every transformer is summoned to the Moon where a first and last line of dense is made. Human militaries the world over launch nuclear missiles that do little to impede the quickly closing destroyer. Generals Epps and Lennox coordinate the attack. On cybertron, Optimus reads the historical records of their planet and learns that Cybertron was once a transformer itself. On the moon as the united Transformers are ravaged by Unicron and Galvatron and the other heralds. Meanwhile on Cybertron, Bumblebee places the last remaining piece of the allspark inside the core of cybertron. Cybertron then reconstructs into Primus, creator of all transformers and he upgrades Optimus. They quickly leave for the moon.

8. Arriving Primus and Unicron immediately do battle with all other transformers attacking Unicron’s body. Optimus and Galvatron do battle across Unicron. Optimus is deafeating Galvatron when Galvatron surrenders. Deceptively, Galvatron blasts a hole into Optimus centimeters from his spark to which Optimus reacts by grabbing Megatron and ripping him in two. As Megatron halves explode in Optimus’ hands, he falls to his knees and unto his side. Unicron is soon defeated and floats lifelessly in space.

9. The transformers rush to Optimus’ aid and as he breathes his last breath, he passes the matrix of leadership that rests in his remaining spark onto Hot Rod now named Rodimus Prime. Bumblebee begs that Primus restore Optimus’ spark, to which Optimus says no and that he desires rest. Unicron is hurled into the sun, where his remains disintegrate. Optimus is taken into the core of Cybertron where he rests and his spark is slowly reassembled for a day he should need to be awakened.

10. The Transformers end their century’s old war and repair the destroyed cybertron and Primus again does dormant and sleeps. Many transformers stay behind on Earth to rebuild cities they have destroyed and Rodimus leads them in accordance with Optimus’ past actions.


That's pretty good, but it's more like two seasons of TV than one movie, or even two movies. Adapting a lot of the 1986 movie and the 1986-87 series storyline in there.
And Optimus has already died once - in ROTF - and come back. Be an empty cliche to repeat it over again. There was a backlash way back when it happened in the first movie (the producers didn't realize what an icon he had become), so they reversed it. Instead, Optimus should return to oversee the rebuilding of Cybertron and become it's just ruler; the Autobots leave a colony on Earth to help repair human cities and have an outpost of their own to live in. Optimus elects Ultra Magnus for this leadership duty. And Bumblebee is present for Sam & Mikaela's wedding.


__________________

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 03:50 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Rex
Thats good i really like it!
one question what would shockwave's alt form be?


Hmm...I haven't given that the greatest thought yet maybe like a cybertronian weapons platform

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 06:57 PM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
That's pretty good, but it's more like two seasons of TV than one movie, or even two movies. Adapting a lot of the 1986 movie and the 1986-87 series storyline in there.
And Optimus has already died once - in ROTF - and come back. Be an empty cliche to repeat it over again. There was a backlash way back when it happened in the first movie (the producers didn't realize what an icon he had become), so they reversed it. Instead, Optimus should return to oversee the rebuilding of Cybertron and become it's just ruler; the Autobots leave a colony on Earth to help repair human cities and have an outpost of their own to live in. Optimus elects Ultra Magnus for this leadership duty. And Bumblebee is present for Sam & Mikaela's wedding.


It would work, it wouldn't be overly long...this movie won't be cluttered with idiotic needless humor and stuff, the Transformers will be the lead characters as they should've been always. I think as long as the film is engaging and has a stellar story and action and character developement people wouldn't mind viewing something between the 2nd movie and the DK in length. Something I'd borrow from your thoughts however is Bumblebee staying behind and watching Sam and Mikela getting married...I liked that part, I'll add that to my ending.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 07:03 PM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Longinus
It would work, it wouldn't be overly long...this movie won't be cluttered with idiotic needless humor and stuff, the Transformers will be the lead characters as they should've been always. I think as long as the film is engaging and has a stellar story and action and character developement people wouldn't mind viewing something between the 2nd movie and the DK in length. Something I'd borrow from your thoughts however is Bumblebee staying behind and watching Sam and Mikela getting married...I liked that part, I'll add that to my ending.


You have to realize, the movies is 50% the human characters at the very least. Your long outline didn't include much of anything regarding them, so that pads the running time even more.

(I know the title says "Transformers", but it's not like the cartoon where it can just be them all the time. Live action is very expensive to animate these characters, and the human race has a stake in things so long as it's on Earth, so more developments regarding the Witwicky clan, the military figures etc. come as part of the package.)


__________________

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 11:26 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Gender: Male
Location: I'm not giving my name to a machine

Yeah, I could see that series of events being really rushed. I'd also like to stress how delicately transforming planets would have to be handled to not look and sound incredibly stupid in a live action movie.


__________________
Originally posted by -Pr-
a great big penis.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 10:15 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

Neat stuff in here.


__________________

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 10:39 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Gender: Male
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away! Top Secret C

Good ideas for a film

Scythe how many sigs do you have and can i steal that sig when your finished with it its awesome and i love starscream!


__________________

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 05:35 PM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Rex
Good ideas for a film

Scythe how many sigs do you have and can i steal that sig when your finished with it its awesome and i love starscream!


Heya, I have quite a few, I make them when I get bored. I'll PM you if you want a sig.


__________________

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:00 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Yeah, I could see that series of events being really rushed. I'd also like to stress how delicately transforming planets would have to be handled to not look and sound incredibly stupid in a live action movie.


not just that I cannot imagine why the studio would want to spend a lot of money showing transforming planets


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Well I thought it would've been good and is worth a shot

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 05:12 AM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Gender: Male
Location: I'm not giving my name to a machine

I think it could work for a series of animated movies.


__________________
Originally posted by -Pr-
a great big penis.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:38 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I think it could work for a series of animated movies.


Like direct to dvd, hell yes. A full on theatrical release? I don't think many people I know would want to go watch it and take it seriously. I'd enjoy it though, especially if it's good.


__________________

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:41 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Gender: Male
Location: I'm not giving my name to a machine

Yeah. Plus I think you'd get more freedom doing it that way.


__________________
Originally posted by -Pr-
a great big penis.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:49 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Yeah. Plus I think you'd get more freedom doing it that way.


Hope something like that happens. That would be neat.


__________________

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:51 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Hmm I'd just like to see it in CG, though it may be expensive Pixar does it and the Transformers films have grossed more than those individually. I think the Transformers name alone would draw in the general audience and I think with a good story and great action (which I think my outline has) I think it would hold their attention. Hmm maybe I'm in the minority but I thought the human parts of the 2nd film were the worst, though in mine they'd still be present. This would be a much bleaker film...Sam's parents would die in the first battle of the movie, Sam would grow to resent the transformers etc. Like needless comedy parts like Skids and Mudflap along with Devastator's balls would be gone along with the Sector 7 guy and that college room mate guy. Megan Fox would still be present though her and Sam's relationship be much less important.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:50 PM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Gender: Male
Location: I'm not giving my name to a machine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Longinus
Hmm I'd just like to see it in CG, though it may be expensive Pixar does it and the Transformers films have grossed more than those individually. I think the Transformers name alone would draw in the general audience and I think with a good story and great action (which I think my outline has) I think it would hold their attention. Hmm maybe I'm in the minority but I thought the human parts of the 2nd film were the worst, though in mine they'd still be present. This would be a much bleaker film...Sam's parents would die in the first battle of the movie, Sam would grow to resent the transformers etc. Like needless comedy parts like Skids and Mudflap along with Devastator's balls would be gone along with the Sector 7 guy and that college room mate guy. Megan Fox would still be present though her and Sam's relationship be much less important.

Oh, I thought the human part was much worse, though I did like Sam's roommate. It was like they wanted to take the advice of "less humans" but wanted to keep the stuff they had planned so they half assed it twice as fast.

Ideally, it would be nice to see stuff like this in cg movies but you likely risk someone coming along and saying "Hey... how about you make Sam's relationship more important. Also, put some humor in it. Something like the big robot balls *cupping motion*."


__________________
Originally posted by -Pr-
a great big penis.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 04:05 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

Haha, not to mention the complaints a work of art would recieve I can just hear them now:

"There's too many robots"

"The CG looks wooden"

"My favorite TF wasn't in it"

"This movie kicks a little too much ass, I didn't like it"

Some complaints are valid, some are just beyond stupid. If they ever do an IDW style CG animated film, that has at least a PG-13 rating and possibly written by comic writers who understand the TF mytho, well that would be just pleasant.


__________________

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 08:20 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Gender: Male
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away! Top Secret C

You know they made the star wars clone wars series. why not do that with transformers linking Movie to ROTF. Showing NEST battles and the stuff in Reign of Starscream and Alliance! That would be good


__________________

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:43 PM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

hmm yea that'd be cool

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:49 PM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 07:29 AM.
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers 3 Ideas

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.