KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhaal?

Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhaal? Who was the better Rachel Dawes?
This poll is closed.
Katie Holmes 7 33.33%
Maggie Gyllenhaal 14 66.67%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhaal?
Started by: Davis Bloome

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhaal?

I'd say I liked Gyllenhaal's performance a lot more and I kind of wished she was cast from the get go, but I've grown to like Holmes performance more than I originally did, though I don't think she did the best job possible, hence why I'm glad she didn't have too many scenes. With Gyllenhaal she was always a delight to see onscreen, and she struck me as a strong female, especially when she stopped the Joker from potentially killing someone, and kept urging Bruce to continue being Batman, and to not stop the war on crime.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Last edited by Davis Bloome on Jul 1st, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:55 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Maggie is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better thank Katie Holmes in every aspect.. Maggie took a character and made her her own and made Holmes's performance very very meek

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

The fact that Gyllenhaal made Dawes' character her own was the exact reason I wished she had been cast in the first place. Plus, Gyllenhaal fit right in with the rest of the cast, whereas Holmes was completely out of place. Plus, Gyllenhaal looks a billion times better:

(please log in to view the image)

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 06:53 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
The fact that Gyllenhaal made Dawes' character her own was the exact reason I wished she had been cast in the first place. Plus, Gyllenhaal fit right in with the rest of the cast, whereas Holmes was completely out of place. Plus, Gyllenhaal looks a billion times better:

agreed

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

One thing I don't understand is why people give Gyllenhaal so much shit and call her hideous. Sure, like a lot of people she's taken some bad pictures here or there, but the lady is far from hideous.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:31 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Katie for the win....Maggie is Hideous,at least in my eyes, i would have rather they stuck with Katie....but...i agree to a certain extent that if she was there from the begining..maybe it would have fit better

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 02:10 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Homes is hot.

The other is not.

So I vite for Katie.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 05:02 PM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Kaite Holmes for sure
Maggie Gyllenhaal is just....so....ugly!!!!!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 05:23 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Lol, I really don't see why people think Gyllenhaal is hideous. I think she's a beautiful lady.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 05:42 PM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

she looks like an old lady
if thats your thing then have at it but she looks too old to be goin after Christian Bale or whats-his-face that plays Dent

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 05:55 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Aaron Eckhart? stick out tongue
I kinda agree though, I guess. erm

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 08:50 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie.

Katie looks like a little boy and is NOT attracitve. Maggie is waaay attractive.

Maggie had a nicer more feminine voice, and spoke like a person, not like someone in a film. Katie's lines in BB were mostly 1 line shots. Maggie, I felt, actually emoted and felt like she was the part.

That scene when Maggie realises she's gonna die, that was brilliantly done. I can't imagine Katie doing a performance like that, at all.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 11:06 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Maggie is the better actress, by far.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 02:07 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Holmes is wed to Tom Cruise and she's a scientologist.

So I vote for Maggie.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:08 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Maggie G by about 1000 miles...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:10 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lord xyz
Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie Maggie.

Katie looks like a little boy and is NOT attracitve. Maggie is waaay attractive.

Maggie had a nicer more feminine voice, and spoke like a person, not like someone in a film. Katie's lines in BB were mostly 1 line shots. Maggie, I felt, actually emoted and felt like she was the part.

That scene when Maggie realises she's gonna die, that was brilliantly done. I can't imagine Katie doing a performance like that, at all.

I actually felt the emotion of that scene, and really felt for her. If that was Holmes, I probably would've cheered during the scene she died. Gyllenhaal also had a lot more chemistry with Alfred & Bruce, and I actually felt that they were all very close. I never got that feeling with Katie.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:16 AM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Maggie Gyllenhaal.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 07:40 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Another thing I love about Gyllenhaal is that she sounds more like an actual grown woman, and not someone with a shaky voice who is seemingly going through puberty forever.

I can't even visualize Holmes trying to stall the Joker until Batman comes or stand up to him. But with Gyllenhaal everything was absolutely perfect.

In short, I love Maggie Gyllenhaal. That is all.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 09:06 AM
steverules_2

Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like the cat alice in wonderland and the rabbit

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 11:00 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

laughing out loud

Not even close. She's too hot to look like a fat cat from a movie. laughing out loud

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 11:10 AM