KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Which is the best X-Men cartoon?

Which X-Men cartoon is the best so far?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
X-Men: The Animated Series 34 73.91%
X-Men: Evolution 7 15.22%
Wolverine and the X-Men 5 10.87%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which is the best X-Men cartoon?
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Ya know, X-Men TAS had its legitimately great episodes. They tnd to be the parts people remember and talk about in threads like this.
Episodes with Apocalypse, Magneto, the Dark Phoenix Saga... That's some great stuff.

But there's a whole lot of crap in-between those great eps.

That's why i pick X-Men Evolution. It had better characterization and storylines overall and ya know what really made it? The fact the voice-acting doesn't make my ears bleed. Almost everyone iN TAS sounded awful in the extreme.

There's no way they could have done it of course but I missed Cable in Evo. That's one thing TAS will always have. Cable was all kinds of awesome on that show.

tbh i don't agree at all. the characterisation in TAS held better from the comics, and i honestly liked the voices better in TAS. Not saying that Evolution was bad by any means; in fact the show got better as time went on. If you were to take the totality of both shows and stack them, i honestly believe TAS would win, as Evolution took a long time to find it's feet and get going.

Plus, it had Spike. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 08:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shomfnuff

Without X-men The Animated Series there would be no Evolution, Not to mention Wolverine and the X-men.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 12:50 AM
shomfnuff is currently offline Click here to Send shomfnuff a Private Message Find more posts by shomfnuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

TAS did come first, yeah, though that's not what made it better than the other two in quality (and quantity stick out tongue).

And I liked Spike. At least during the last appearances he made when he was protecting the Morlocks. But yeah, out of all the animated versions of X-Men characters there have been, almost nothing beats Cable in TAS.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The voice actors in TAS were incredible/perfect.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 08:19 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not all of them.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 07:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Which voice actor's characters didn't you like?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 12:51 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

why the F did they change Gladiators voice ? he sounds like a total pussy now

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 01:36 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by the ninjak
Which voice actor's characters didn't you like?

Off the top of my head, Rogue's, Gambit's (although it sorta grew on me over time), and a couple others whose names elude me at the moment. Magneto also had a much cooler voice in Evolution.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 06:11 AM
dyajeep

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Off the top of my head, Rogue's,

* back then, i find Rogue's voice and accent very sexy... but in time, i found it very annoying... smile

Gambit's

* the voice perse is fine, what i hate is the accent...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 06:27 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by peejayd
* back then, i find Rogue's voice and accent very sexy... but in time, i found it very annoying... smile

Always found it that way. stick out tongue

Originally posted by peejayd
* the voice perse is fine, what i hate is the accent...

The accent's not that bad. What I mostly hated was the 3rd person talk.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 07:15 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Off the top of my head, Rogue's, Gambit's (although it sorta grew on me over time), and a couple others whose names elude me at the moment. Magneto also had a much cooler voice in Evolution.

God I love Rogue's voice. Throaty Southern. Each tom their own I guess.
I found Storm to be annoying but I still liked the choice.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 07:25 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

X-Men: TAS. No contest.

And I liked X-Men: Evolution more than Wolverine and the X-Men.

Last edited by Xplosive on Sep 20th, 2010 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 06:18 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

agreed. WATXM annoys, big time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 10:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
tbh i don't agree at all. the characterisation in TAS held better from the comics, and i honestly liked the voices better in TAS. Not saying that Evolution was bad by any means; in fact the show got better as time went on. If you were to take the totality of both shows and stack them, i honestly believe TAS would win, as Evolution took a long time to find it's feet and get going.

Plus, it had Spike. stick out tongue
agreed. The story line in the animated series was off of the comics. I didnt like evolution that much. Wolverine and the x-men was good though

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 01:07 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Logan wankage in Wolverine and the X-Men wasn't as severe as I thought it would be. For the run the cartoon had, I liked it, but not as much as Evolution. Probably would've liked it better than Evolution though had the Age of Apocalypse season not been canceled along with the show.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 04:16 AM
aztec
Reptilectric

I voted for Xmen TAS because of Rogue. She was soo f*cken hot. When I was younger, I wanted to have a girlfriend that looked just like her. Anyway, I voted for that show because all of the characters except for Wolverine. The women looked beautiful, and the men had great physics (I'm one step closer at looking like Cyclops ) big grin... The episodes, the art and the voices were far better than the recent cartoons. However, I was pretty happy with Xmen evolution. I recently watched all of the episodes. But, didn't care for Spike, Avalanche and some of the episodes. Overall, both shows were great but Xmen TAS is the superior.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2010 10:09 PM
aztec is currently offline Click here to Send aztec a Private Message Find more posts by aztec Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I honestly liked the hair and stuff Rogue had in Evolution and W&TX-M better than in the original series. The original TAS will always get my vote too, but not because of her.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2010 10:35 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

X-Men TAS, but I will say that the animation and production value saddly just hold up as well as Batman or Superman TAS. It isn't nearly as good now as I remember it being. sad

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 17th, 2010 02:06 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And why is that? Maybe I'm less picky, but it wasn't that long ago since I last watched some of X-Men the animated series again, and thought the animation was up there with the Batman and Superman TAS, except for the last season.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2010 04:07 AM