KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Does anyone else agree...

Does anyone else agree...
Started by: kjm87

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kjm87

Does anyone else agree...

That it would have been better if the trees ( or whatever they were ) attacked at the beginning of the next film? I know what happens in the end, but I think it would have been better if this part was saved until the final film, as that is the sort of thing I would have expected to see near the end of ROTK. Also, on a movie website, it says that gandolf returns. What does that mean? He returned as gandalf the white in TTT, so does he return as gandalf the grey, or is it a mistake?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 04:20 PM
kjm87 is currently offline Click here to Send kjm87 a Private Message Find more posts by kjm87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

He returns as Gandalf the white, he was Gandalf the Grey

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 04:37 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Re: Does anyone else agree...

quote:
Originally posted by kjm87
That it would have been better if the trees ( or whatever they were ) attacked at the beginning of the next film? I know what happens in the end, but I think it would have been better if this part was saved until the final film, as that is the sort of thing I would have expected to see near the end of ROTK. Also, on a movie website, it says that gandolf returns. What does that mean? He returned as gandalf the white in TTT, so does he return as gandalf the grey, or is it a mistake?

it would not be better suited in ROTK as PJ has done so that each film now has enough for 3 hours, he's already moved some from TTT to ROTK. and it couldnt be near the end of ROTK; it would totally ruin the story that is the LOTR.

gandalf does not return as anything in ROTK.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 04:53 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kjm87

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Synopsis: As the shadow of Mordor grows across the land, Aragorn is revealed as the hidden heir to the ancient kings. Gandolf miraculously returns and defeats the evil wizard, Saruman. Sam leaves his master for the dead after a battle with the giant spider, Shelob; but Frodo is still alive--in the hands of the Orcs. And while the armies of the Dark Lord are massing--the one ring comes ever closer to the Cracks of Doom. spoilertags for spoilers!-mah

This is from this website, and it says that gandolf returns

Last edited by mah on Jan 9th, 2003 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 05:10 PM
kjm87 is currently offline Click here to Send kjm87 a Private Message Find more posts by kjm87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I dont know what happening the site is thinking about, but Gandalf returns as Gandalf the White in TTT, and does not die or return in any way similar after that.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 06:56 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

that's my opinion too.anyway PJ mixed all the books so he could get 3 parts of 3h full intensity movies.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 07:52 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

quote:
Originally posted by kjm87
[spoiler]This is from this website, and it says that gandolf returns

hello its GANDALF.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 08:58 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithrandir
The Grey Wanderer

Yeah Gandalf doesn't die and become Gandalf the Translucent or anything like that, they probably mean Gandalf returns back to Orthanc, or its written previous to the Two Towers

Like Wind in the Meadows.
The days have gone down in the west.
Pella i amoni tenn' lumbule

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 12:06 AM
Mithrandir is currently offline Click here to Send Mithrandir a Private Message Find more posts by Mithrandir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

probably.....or they are stupid big grin

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 12:11 AM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kjm87

quote:
Originally posted by Mujaffa
hello its GANDALF.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Look further up on this thread then, where I quoted from this website, and it says gandolf. Yes, I am aware that his name is gandalf, but I was only going by this.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 04:11 PM
Fire

still a crummy webby which should explain it decent if they want to give info

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 04:30 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

chill ppl!

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Jan 15th, 2003 09:39 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

The ents stay in ttt where they belong. why mess with perfection? smokin'

Old Post Jan 15th, 2003 09:50 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

oh..Pj messed with that a bit throughout the movie

Old Post Jan 15th, 2003 09:52 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

PJ messed with quite a bit throughout the movies. And the post is reffering to Gandalf returning as Gandalf the White.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2003 02:26 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onawien

PJ did say that was not going to be totally faithful to the books, we have to realise that as Viggo said "the books and the movies are two different mediums and they cannot be exactly the same", we should respect PJ and the team for thir efforts in bringing their interpretation of Tolkiens materpiece to everyone.

(i am NOT Onawein but....have to express my view!)kjm87 GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!! those "trees" are Ents which are the shepards of the trees, it is not "Gandolf" but "Gandalf"!!! and if you know what happens at the end of the books then you should know that you cant have the battle of the ents at the end of RotK!! *spoilers BTW* how would Merry help Eowyn kill the Witchking?! How would Pippin rescue Faramir?! How would Pippin join in the last battle? How would Merry enter the service of Theoden? and Pippin get to Minas Tirith? etc etc need i say more???!!!
(i repeat that i am NOT Onawein and if you give her stick for this WATCH OUT!!! i mean this!!! from Briyuldaion-Ranger of the North)

Last edited by Onawien on Jan 16th, 2003 at 02:16 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2003 02:13 PM
Onawien is currently offline Click here to Send Onawien a Private Message Find more posts by Onawien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okidokey... though some of those refuatations had already been made and commented on- he says he was only copying from a site, which had spelt Gandalf wrong.

And he says he should have had the ent attack at the START of ROTK, not the end, so... I think your criticism was a tad mean.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 16th, 2003 02:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onawien

Well as my friend, who has now joined, clear stated i did not say that. however, i do understand her view. i think knowing the characters names and races before discussing about them is vital.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2003 03:40 PM
Onawien is currently offline Click here to Send Onawien a Private Message Find more posts by Onawien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, we try ro encourage posts from all sorts here...

So, when do we get to know a little bit more about you two? How's aabout opening a welcome thread?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 16th, 2003 03:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onawien

hum could do, not much to say, we just are fans of the trilogy. we were from Ring quest, which now has been shut down, we are sad, but we are here now.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2003 03:51 PM