KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers ROTF Poll Rating

How would you rate ROTF?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
10/10 2 9.09%
9/10 6 27.27%
8/10 6 27.27%
7/10 2 9.09%
6/10 2 9.09%
5/10 0 0%
4/10 0 0%
3/10 0 0%
2/10 1 4.55%
1/10 3 13.64%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Transformers ROTF Poll Rating
Started by: Darth Rex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Sure. But he didnt really mean 1, just it was there to balance an average which may or may not actually not be a factor in the vote outcome anyways.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 12:48 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Not when doing it as a balancist commentary on the over-high scores that Bayfanboys seem to attribute to it.

you do not have to be a fanboy of anything to not enjoy a good film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 07:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Sure.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 10:17 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Gah. I hate it when facsimiles of the word "fanboy" come up. Christ, can't anyone like something without being a fanboy of it? I can only name two Michael Bay directed franchises, and that's only because everyone brings up Bad Boyz when they mention him, but I become a fanboy just like that. "Yeah, that guy you've barely heard of, you should get off his nuts!"

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 10:50 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Gah. I hate it when facsimiles of the word "fanboy" come up. Christ, can't anyone like something without being a fanboy of it? I can only name two Michael Bay directed franchises, and that's only because everyone brings up Bad Boyz when they mention him, but I become a fanboy just like that. "Yeah, that guy you've barely heard of, you should get off his nuts!"

I'm a fanman. I'm not a boy. laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 11:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Sure.

two questions... what are you a fanboy of? If you hate Bay so much why do you go see his films?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 11:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
two questions... what are you a fanboy of? If you hate Bay so much why do you go see his films?

Indeed. This is a legit question.

However, he did rate the film a 6 out of ten. A six, in most books, is above average. Meaning, he did receive entertainment.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:00 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Im not a fanboy and I didnt go to see the second.

I did see it with a more open mind than it sounds like im being credited for though, and tried to enjoy its fine points. I even posted so in my initial first reactions review.

I tend to argue the balancist POV. If someone was saying it had nothing to offer, Id listthe finer attributes.

But its it perfect and "great"...? I dont think so.
"Fairly good given its bay verse setting?" sure.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:01 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by dadudemon
Indeed. This is a legit question.

However, he did rate the film a 6 out of ten. A six, in most books, is above average. Meaning, he did receive entertainment.

Absolutely. Prime was cooler this time. The action was way better and we could like actually see what was going on... I liked the physical design of the twins, if not their personalities, Megan Fox.... Rooooooowwwwwwwr. I liked the opening Shanghai stuff too.

Id even say it was made of pure win, (minus the Allspark (tm) kitchen "TF"s sequence) ........right up til college.

But the movies dumber/letdown attributes warrented discussion also, which Bruce is why Ive been vocal on the bummer side of the Bay force..

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:06 AM
dadudemon

Absolutely. Prime was cooler this time. The action was way better and we could like actually see what was going on... I liked the physical design of the twins, if not their personalities, Megan Fox.... Rooooooowwwwwwwr. I liked the opening Shanghai stuff too.

Id even say it was made of pure win, (minus the Allspark (tm) kitchen "TF"s sequence) ........right up til college.

But the movies dumber/letdown attributes warrented discussion also, which Bruce is why Ive been vocal on the bummer side of the Bay force..

Cool.

Yeah, you named all the stuff I likd better about the film. I didn't have too much problems with the first on the close ups during the bot fights, but, having the "camera" out a bit would have been better, imo. Me thinks it was intentional to show the epicness of their size.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:09 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Sure, but just a few strategically added shots pulling out showing the full frame of the fight, would have been easy/effective in helping the brain "join the dots" fight flow/geography wise through the turbulance of the fast pacing and editting.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:18 AM
dadudemon

Sure, but just a few strategically added shots pulling out showing the full frame of the fight, would have been easy/effective in helping the brain "join the dots" fight flow/geography wise through the turbulance of the fast pacing and editting.

I agree. My only point was to bring to light a "possible" reason for the close ups. Could have been a miscommunication between Bay and the effects supervisor. Bay might have said, "Keep the epicness of their size in mind for the Mission City fights."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 03:53 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

fair enough

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 05:17 AM
Cloudzor

4/10 .... for the effects and some fight scenes were quite entertaining. still, the plot was lousy and cheesy lines overpowering. optimus was cool though and more like the optimus i wanted to see in the first movie.

could have been much better than this

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 03:11 PM
Cloudzor is currently offline Click here to Send Cloudzor a Private Message Find more posts by Cloudzor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Nine

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:10 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

10/10 As I'e mentioned here already.

quote:
I usually don't give my 2 cents for films, nor read into what others say since I don't really find any importance to do so, but this is one of the few times I will. I really liked this film, I'd give it a 10/10 because it did a lot of things right. Don't get me wrong, a lot of stuff pissed me the hell off, but some of the stuff I didn't find funny was made to entertain people with wide tastes who didn't watch this film because it was TF's.

First off, I let go of all my G1-fanboyism and checked it out at the door. No reason to be G-Whiner becuase this film, along with any other incarnations, except Beast Wars of course, never set themselves up to be a direct continuation of G1. I mention Beast Wars because the Beast Bots actually visit the Ark and it all took place during the original bot's slumber. This film was just inspired by G1, as good or bad as it was.

What really pissed me off was the human interactions, Sam's mom, Leo, and the lack of some of my other favorite transformers was pretty much most of the reason that made me go: "But, they could've added Ultra Magnus instead of the whole college thing..." I'm not a big Devestator fan, so seeing his cheesy ass death was alright with me, I could care less for who the hell The Fallen was, seemed like the movie was more about Prime and Sam, rather than The Fallen.

I liked the fight scenes and the dialogue. Why I gave this movie a 10, because honestly, for a freakin' movie about toys, it captured the way some people played with their toys. I remember when I was around 8-9 years old, my friends would make explosion noises with our mouths and often spit a lot from all the blowing up that we would do in our imaginations. Bam, Bay gave us a shitload of explosion, no surprise there.

Second, the violent dialogue. With Ironhide calling Demolisher a punk ass Decepticon. As well as depicting kill shots and over the top violence. I have some friends who grew up in the 80's playing with TF's and they tell me they never played in a vulgar manner that my friends and I played during the mid 90's, of course they don't speak for everyone who grew up in the 80's, but this is what made me love this movie so much. My Prime figure toppled any other toy me and my friends had, Galactus, Darth Vader, Iron Man, it was good fun. My rating is a bit bias, I know that, but I highly enjoyed it. For a movie about toys that isn't a direct continuation of G1, I loved it much more than the first. Let's face it, hardly anything can be what G1 is/was.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 11:29 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by Scythe
10/10 As I'e mentioned here already.

Yeah. People can't really expect this movie to be G1 top to toe. It's still a good Transformers incarnation, despite not being the incarnation we've all come to know and love over the years.

It's not like it's the only differing incarnation of our favorite robots. Nor is it the worst. Michael Bay didn't destroy anything, in my opinion. I could've lived with a little less College drama though.

That's my words on that matter

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 11:37 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
Yeah. People can't really expect this movie to be G1 top to toe. It's still a good Transformers incarnation, despite not being the incarnation we've all come to know and love over the years.

It's not like it's the only differing incarnation of our favorite robots. Nor is it the worst. Michael Bay didn't destroy anything, in my opinion. I could've lived with a little less College drama though.

Yes, on the college humor.

I remember trying to get into TF's Energon/Cybertron anf going: "What the hell is going on?" Probably how many felt about the Bayverse, but still, that show had a Screamer/Megs relationship, and Optimus being all hero like, but I just don't like it. That was some power ranger shit Optimus was doing.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 11:53 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!

It wouldnt have to be even that G1ey.....if they made it a consistantly good movie. But it doesnt even do that.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:55 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Scythe
Yes, on the college humor.

I remember trying to get into TF's Energon/Cybertron anf going: "What the hell is going on?" Probably how many felt about the Bayverse, but still, that show had a Screamer/Megs relationship, and Optimus being all hero like, but I just don't like it. That was some power ranger shit Optimus was doing.

Yeah. good call on the Power Rangersness.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:56 PM