KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Watchmen

Watchmen
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Watchmen

Available July 21st (in the U.S. at least).

There'll be two editions, standard/theatrical and director's cut with 30 minutes of extra footage incorporated into the film/special features.

Anyone planning on picking up either of the copies?

I'll probably get the director's cut, although I'll be pissed if they release a super edition 6 months down the road.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 06:45 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

July 27th in the UK.

I will buy it at some point. I will wait for a while though to see it there is any that has cool artwork or cases/slipcovers.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:00 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not sure if i will buy this.. if i do it won't be right away

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 09:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

whats the difference between standard and theatrical?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 10:08 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't believe Britain is getting the director's cut on dvd or blu ray, just the normal cinema release time. So if you want the director's cut, going to have to import it. Last time I looked we were not getting it due to some legal stuff.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 10:33 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Maybe Alan Moore might have something to do with your version stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 06:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
whats the difference between standard and theatrical?

They're the same, I was just using two words to describe the edition.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 07:09 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Oh ok

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 07:55 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Here's a huge difference that the director's cut will have, Hollis Mason's death, here it is. I might save you some money, the film only has around 20 or more minutes of added footage. Not what I expected at all, but yeah... Anyhoe, here's a clip of HM's death.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/watc...s-masons-death/

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 08:27 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Great stuff. Cant wait for the directors cut.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 01:44 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'll end up buying this, but not with too much more expectations. The film was good, but nowhere near great.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 10:09 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Half an hour liberally scattered could do a lot of good.

Depends how they play it of course, but the characters might feel fleshed out better this time. The plot felt rushed a bit in a lot of places. This new half hour could iron out some of those kinks.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 10:39 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I actually might considering buying this on Blu-Ray. I own veeery few films. But I think this one is a keeper.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 03:14 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I just got it a half hour ago. I opened it and found a coupon for a 5-disc Ultimate Collector's Edition inside.

It's said to include the movie, the motion comics, and Tales of the Black Freighter.

That made me think, as I now own all three of these.

2-disc movie + 2-disc motion comics + 1-disc Black Freighter = 5-disc Ultimate Collector's Edition?

That could be the reality of it. But it's also supposed to include a commentary by Dave Gibbons and Zack Snyder. And Black Freighter will be woven into the movie.

I'm personally not all for it because Watchmen is long enough. I can watch Black Freighter separately just fine.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:27 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I wouldnt be surprise if they pull something like that....they need to make the money they lost at the box office. I'm buying my copy at the con.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:17 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It cost them $130 million to make, they made $182 million around the world.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 10:07 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by MildPossession
It cost them $130 million to make, they made $182 million around the world.

Exactly. I was confused by his statement.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 10:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Is the Blu-ray the only option for the Director's Cut or will there be a DVD version as well?

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:27 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Great stuff. Cant wait for the directors cut.

Want a copy?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:58 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

That'd be great!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:26 AM