KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- New Episodes starting 2009

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- New Episodes starting 2009
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Certainly a problem, mate.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:36 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Maybe a mini story for Darksiders would be a solution?

And I want to buy more Force powers for my character.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:40 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

If would help I'd be willing to slap together something to distract everyone, as I've been doing on a smaller scale. I feel like starting without the Renegades on the next plot would just make things overly complicated and leave them kind of out of the loop.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 09:38 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, it;s not that arbitrary. There's a Droben-like startign sequence for the Jedi story that is kinda independent from the rest of it.

But not doing it leaves the Renegades without motivation to come along for the rest. The reason the main plot happens is explained in the starting sequence.

Meanwhile, the Dark Side game is said to be the most horrifcally violent and vicious one ever done... with the excuse that said violence will be levelled against thoroughly horrible people.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 10:29 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'm always up for horrific violence!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 10:42 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ditto that.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 12:10 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I will go with whatever the gamemaster decides, of course.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 02:24 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Meanwhile, the Dark Side game is said to be the most horrifcally violent and vicious one ever done... with the excuse that said violence will be levelled against thoroughly horrible people.

Of course, playing Dark Side I have nothing against harming non-horrible people.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 21st, 2009 06:00 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I've given further thought to running some sort of simple versus game, to keep our group of gamers distracted in order to take the pressure off of Ush.

Would you find that beneficial at all, Ush? It'd give you more time to get things prepped and sync things up. Obviously our interest in your games isn't going anywhere.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 04:33 AM
Peach
mordrem

I like distractions.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 05:04 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

I'm down for another Rex-isode. Had a blast with the last one.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 04:04 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm down for whatever.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 04:19 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not sure what you mean by 'versus'. If we are talking the characters in the games as they exist, then the two sides absolutely cannot meet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 04:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, no, not at all. It would be new temporary characters for something of my own, unconnected to current gameplay.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 08:18 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'm actually ok with waiting given the sporadic nature of posting that has been going on for a while now..

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 12:03 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Updated versions of our upcoming game previews, with the uodates caused by information more recently released about them.

---

Harmony

When a major Jedi operation is nearly ruined by an unexpected intervention, the Council orders a team to act to stop this happening again. The only problem is that the Jedi have no idea who or where their opponents are. Indeed, no-one at all does.

Except... Just one lead has been provided for them, though the lead is so tenuous and risky that the Council is split on its use. That lead brings the Jedi out beyond the reaches of the Republic.

The Jedi are far from home, without the resources of the Republic or their normal authority behind them. Outside the civilising sphere of the Republic, their survival skills will be at a premium. And where the Jedi are surprised to find a pocket of civilisation out where they are searching, those that are already there are not surprised by the Jedi at all. In fact, the Jedi are postively expected...

This story sees the Jedi and Renegades united again. And out beyond, they will find answers and mysteries... glimpses of events far in the past... and ways of the Force that they have never seen before. The battle for Harmony is beginning.

-

The Jedi and the Renegades are in the same boat for this story, as they are outside of the Republic seeking to forestall a threat against it.Measures of caution, insight, diplomacy and- inevitably- brute force will be needed to complete their misison for the Council. Alert minds from the players will be needed to understand what it is they are getting involved in.

A prequel to this story, telling the events of a widespread Jedi investigation, will start soon and will end in a mass space/land battle which will actually be the first such fight those form the Sienar plotline will have ever undertaken. Those on Alura, of course, are getting kind of used to that sort of thing...

---

The Prisoner of Datura

Is it true? Is Kuylen really alive?

The transmission the Dark Siders intercepted tells them that Kuylen is a prisoner in the Treganna Void, home to an empire of pirates and buccaneers, ruled by terror, violence and slavery. Galder feels the pull of destiny beckoning him to his old Master... but is he thinking clearly? Perhaps the others want access to him just for the genetic sample they need from Kuylen to unlock their best clue on the Syphar n Kalar, the ancient weapon of the Sith whose nature and purpose still remain entirely unknown.

The problem is, Kuylen is being allegedly held on the prison planet Datura. This is a prison with no guards, and no walls. Yet no-one has ever escaped this prison- or idneed, ever left it without the grace of the Emperor of the Void. And his favour is not exactly something that the Dark Siders are seeking.

There isn't even a way in for outsiders. No way in, no way out. No idea how Kuylen ended up being taken prisoner there... and no idea of what he has been doing since he was there.

Still, the annoucement of Kuylen's survival has drawn attention from other sources as well. The Dark Siders soo find themselves confronted by those they have met over the last few years- both those who want to work with them and those... not so accomodating. Soon they have other encouragements to act, and even a means to possibly act. But can they really go through with what is needed? Can they live without their lightsabres? Can they survive in the vicious, vile and evil environment that is the 'prison'?

And how are they possibly going to take revenge against the number of people that will piss them off this[ time...

-

With shades of The Ghost Citadel, this story is about surviving in a hostile environment of incredibly unpleasant people. This time, of course, you KNOW there is something of value to be found there... though you may well bear in mind that seeking the power of the Dark Side has burnt many of you before- the Dark Side doesn't discrimnate against who it hurts, Light or Dark. Kuylen is just a man, of course... though to many he is a legend. This is assuming you even get to him. On Datura you will find a society that has reduced itself to the most basic of levels and the most basic survival needs, and aside from anythign else you will have the opportunity to take part in the biggest goddam brawl you will evr see. The relation between that and a 'super fun happy slide' will for now remain obscure.

An interlude for the Dark Siders before the main story starts will return to their relationship with the Epireans as they deal with their annual 'tribute' of grunt-power given to them as a result of negotiations the previous year. Few will survive their cruel games, but those that do get the right to join the bodyguard of the Dark Siders. However, cetain Dark Siders may want different ones to survive, or different ones to work for them personally. What levels of deceit, chicanery, game-rigging and outright cheating will go on to get the varius results diesired, we can only find out by playing!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 1st, 2009 at 09:35 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 03:36 PM
Peach
mordrem

quote:
And how are they possibly going to take revenge against the number of people that will piss them off this time...

Never underestimate pissed off Dark Siders big grin

quote:
With shades of The Ghost Citadel

If you guys abandon me with no way out again like last time...I WILL KILL YOU ALL.

Just saying happy

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 03:44 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Peach
Never underestimate pissed off Dark Siders big grin

If you guys abandon me with no way out again like last time...I WILL KILL YOU ALL.

Just saying happy

Odds are you'd be dead then, though.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 04:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Bardock42
Odds are you'd be dead then, though.

Hey, I made it out last time.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 04:48 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Peach
Hey, I made it out last time.

My money's on your death stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 04:52 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote