KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Moon

Moon
Started by: =Tired Hiker=

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession

Still yet to see the film, but the music score by Clint Mansell is amazing, the 'theme' especially. One of the best scores I've heard in a long time.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 06:20 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Yep, totally agreed. Best thing he's done since The Fountain.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 06:27 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Kramer

Great movie but kinda boring.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 09:47 PM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaworori

Riveting film!

And made for less than 5m.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 05:02 AM
Kaworori is currently offline Click here to Send Kaworori a Private Message Find more posts by Kaworori Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
full_movies_43
Restricted

Account Restricted

I watched the trailor and the site looks good.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 05:55 AM
full_movies_43 is currently offline Click here to Send full_movies_43 a Private Message Find more posts by full_movies_43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Just saw this the other day and i was bored through out most of the movie. I couldn't wait for it to end.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 08:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Excellent movie, brilliant idea.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 06:31 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movieshe
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks interesting.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 07:47 AM
movieshe is currently offline Click here to Send movieshe a Private Message Find more posts by movieshe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Comes out Jan. 12th on dvd in the States, I'll be picking it up.

Curse you who say it's boring! I'm not sure exactly what you expected with pretty much one actor in the entire film.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 05:41 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

I've got my DVD, so will be watching soon, can't wait.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 05:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Kramer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I've got my DVD, so will be watching soon, can't wait.

Wait...I thought you cant stand Sam?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 06:05 PM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

Not that bad now with my feelings towards the actor. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 06:08 PM
The Nuul
Kramer

stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 06:17 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Finally someone knocked some sense into you.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 08:41 PM
The Nuul
Kramer

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Finally someone knocked some sense into you.

It was me.....

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 09:33 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Good man!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 11:29 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Comes out Jan. 12th on dvd in the States, I'll be picking it up.

Curse you who say it's boring! I'm not sure exactly what you expected with pretty much one actor in the entire film.

lol, I enjoyed the performance a great deal but i thought the dialogue left much to be desired. I also liked the plot but i thought it was executed poorly. I think the movie lacked mystery. The only thing that kept me watching was, Rockwells performance. I don't think im ruining anything here but there is a part in the film where Rockwell meets himself and the two of them begin a relationship. The writing barely hints at anymore than one possible explanation for this and that hurt the movie for me...,a great deal.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 06:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This movie was amazing. Brilliant and haunting and Sam Rockwell gives the best performance of the year.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
lol, I enjoyed the performance a great deal but i thought the dialogue left much to be desired. I also liked the plot but i thought it was executed poorly. I think the movie lacked mystery. The only thing that kept me watching was, Rockwells performance. I don't think im ruining anything here but there is a part in the film where Rockwell meets himself and the two of them begin a relationship. The writing barely hints at anymore than one possible explanation for this and that hurt the movie for me...,a great deal.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the film.

Before the idea of "clone" was even introduced, I thought, "clone." In fact, I asked my coworker if the whole time, the other dude is a clone (cause I read the synopsis off of the DVD cover or something.)

My coworker gave it very high marks saying it was the best film of the year. Doesn't even come close, to me. Pretty much better "everything" in District 9.

It's been a while since I watched the film, but I do remember there being a ton of errors in the film: plot and prop.

Edit - I remember one of the major fact/plot errors: there was no lag-time between the Earth and the Moon on the communications. That's a very stupid stupid stupid stupid stuipd error.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 17th, 2010 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 02:58 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

How are District 9 and Moon all that comparable; apples and oranges my friend.

Anyway, I like Moon better if we're comparing them. And try using spoiler tags for the sake of other people dude! Moon wasn't about a plot twist, considering they "revealed" it like halfway through the movie, that's one reason I liked it. It didn't rely on a twist, like say, The Sixth Sense does.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 09:02 AM