KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Best Comic

Best Comic
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xJLxKing

Best single comic: Death Of Superman
Best storyline: Sinestro Corps War (Soon to be Blackest night)
Best comic (title): JLA, or Green Lantern
Best crossover: I have no idea

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 07:47 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i doubt many people have been keeping up with "The Mighty." if not, i highly recommend you do so, asap.

it is honestly shaping up to be one of the better series' i've read in a very long time - every issue leaves me wanting more [which is something i rarely say about any comics.] the morbid/sinister twists and turns the main character 'alpha one' has taken throughout the past few issues is, oddly enough, quite refreshing. he is both the protagonist AND antagonist all wrapped up into one very well written character.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 09:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Best single comic: Swamp Thing v2 #50
Best storyline: American Gothic
Best comic (title): Lucifer
Best crossover: The original Secret Wars

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 12:37 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any more favourites?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 02:15 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm going to say Brubaker's/Diggle's Daredevil runs.

Outstandingly good.

I think Brubaker's Captain America work is up there as one of my favourite runs of recent times. Well, it is.

Also, anything Dan Abnett touches. Because he's just on fire.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I have a comic/music (Primarily comic) review blog. I'm considering some guest contributors now and then. Just throwing it out there.

If you write and you're interested, let me know.

Not Battlehammer, but I'll accept Kris Blaze. I do have limits.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 09:49 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I'm having a mighty hard time deciding on these.

Best single comic: New X-men 150 or 137 possibly, Thor 352 and Thor v2 85 are also awesome.
Best storyline: Have to go with "A death in the family" or "Planet x"
Best comic: Uncanny X-men or Lucifer
Best crossover: Annihilation

I also need to nominate Silent War #6 as one of my favourite single issues. When Maximus reveals his master plan, it's just incredible.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 11:50 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Re: Best Comic

Best single comic: Green Lantern v3, #50. The culmination of Hal's descent into madness and grief was some pretty emotional stuff. I mean, seeing Hal break down in tears, a grown man who was essentially without fear, affected me in a way not many comics have since. And watching him turn on the Corps and Guardians was gripping for me, especially after growing up reading older GL titles when I got my hands on them. Despite the fact it was later explained that Parallax was the embodiment of fear, the story is still probably one of the best GL tales of all time.

Best storyline: A toss up between Kingdom Come or Justice. KC was a harrowing tale of the future of heroics whereas Justice was the definitive Justice League story. The fact that Captain Marvel, a longtime favorite character of mine, was given first class treatment like never before (in both storylines) was also a plus.

Best comic (title): Thor. It doesn't get more epic than Thor. From the early Kirby/Lee days on up, I've not been let down yet.

Best crossover: To date, Sinestro Corps War, though I'm sure Blackest Night will eclipse that.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 03:04 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Bump.

I just read Supergod for the first time (don't know why I hadn't until now.) One word describes it: "Amazing."

If you haven't read it, I highly suggest doing so. It's extremely well done from all angles.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2011 05:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Best single comic: Ultimate X Men 41. Nice one off story about a kid who can't control his power and kills his whole town.
Best storyline: KC passes the re-read test.
Best comic (title): Always look forward to Invincible.
Best crossover: I liked Onslaught, probably because it was when I started reading comics and was the first crossover I bought/read.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 06:14 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I'm having a mighty hard time deciding on these.

Best single comic: New X-men 150 or 137 possibly, Thor 352 and Thor v2 85 are also awesome.
Best storyline: Have to go with "A death in the family" or "Planet x"
Best comic: Uncanny X-men
Best crossover: Onslaught Saga or Age of Apocalypse

Onslaught SAga and Age of Apocalypse as best crossover.

This guy was phucking clueless.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 03:16 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote