KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Would Transformers Been Better as an Animated Film?

Would Transformers Been Better as an Animated Film?
Started by: jcvaldez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jcvaldez

Would Transformers Been Better as an Animated Film?

Ok, so I have already given my opinion of the Transformers movies (first one was ok, the second SUCKED!)
But I was thinking about the old cartoon and I recently watched the animated movie. And for me, nothing is better than the cartoon and animated movie. I feel that the concept worked better as animation rather than as a live action movie. So my question....

Would Transformers have been better served as an animated film rather than the live action?

Sure we would not see Megan Fox on screen, but she would have been casted in some other Michael Bay crappy movie. I feel that the concept of giant robots would have been more accepted as animation. The story too could have been improved to take advantage of the animation medium. The design would have been cooler and the action much more exciting. I know what some of you maybe thinking, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did do well as an animated movie. Just so you know the reviews for the original live action version is not better than the animated version.

What do you guys think?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 08:43 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

To answer the title: Not really.

Nothing happened in the movie that could've been done better had it been animated.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 08:47 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I agree. The mainly 'script' and 'plot' and 'character' issues I have with Bay's movies would unfortunately still translate across to an animated version.......and the one thing it had going for it was it's 'live action' appeal ...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 08:59 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both films are horrible, and I haven't actually seen the second one, but I don't feel like wasting money to see it and confirm it sucks.

I'm not a transformers fan at all, then again, these films aren't really for the fans anyway. They're just a marketing ploy aimed at young children who aren't mature enough to understand what a good film is.

Animating them would get rid of the whole cool SFX gimmick, and make it even worse.

It's a shitty hollywood film just like any other, copying the same format as Small Soldiers, with Transformers thrown in for money.

I can't stand how people love or even like these films.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 09:12 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

If Bay directed it there would still be problems, 60% of the stuff he does is crap, look what he did to Pearl Harbor! Turned it into a love triangle hunk of sh1t, that just couldn't end with the americans getting their asses kicked, they had to show the doolittle run. GAG.
If you want a good pearl harbor movie watch TORA TORA TORA!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 09:13 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
If you want a good pearl harbor movie watch TORA TORA TORA!

You mean, if you want to be bored to death, watch Tora X3. smile

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 09:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

no and no and no

but since Michael Bay will direct the animated movie as well.. Then yes an animated Transformers movie will be good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 09:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

I don't know what all this talk about Bay sucking is about. He has been part of a good amount of fine movies. He did well with this one as well.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:01 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
I don't know what all this talk about Bay sucking is about. He has been part of a good amount of fine movies. He did well with this one as well.

You are correct. Good films as in...films that do well and make money.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by dadudemon
You are correct. Good films as in...films that do well and make money.

Just because a movie makes alot of money doesn't make it good. It's the hype and anticipation of the film coming out that drives a lot of the films. So everyone and their dog went to see Transformers 2, myself included, and why did a lot of people see it? because they really enjoyed the first one and hoped this one would be the same, and for some fans it delivered and others it didn't, but the fact remains that EVERYONE before they know anything about it will go see it and that is where the money comes from.

Bay is hit and miss, yes he can blow shit up and have good action but sometimes he doesn't do a good job to draw you into the movie.

Bad boys : good
the rock : good

armaggedon: BAD
Pearl Harbor: BAD
Bad Boys 2: BAD

The Island: Good
Transformers: Good

Revenge of the Fallen: BAD

IMO

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:26 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Just because a movie makes alot of money doesn't make it good. It's the hype and anticipation of the film coming out that drives a lot of the films. So everyone and their dog went to see Transformers 2, myself included, and why did a lot of people see it? because they really enjoyed the first one and hoped this one would be the same, and for some fans it delivered and others it didn't, but the fact remains that EVERYONE before they know anything about it will go see it and that is where the money comes from.

Bay is hit and miss, yes he can blow shit up and have good action but sometimes he doesn't do a good job to draw you into the movie.

IMO

In my OPINION, all the movies you listed are good. I also liked Friday the 13th and I'm looking forward to Elm Street.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:35 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

IMO

I concur.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 11:34 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Just because a movie makes alot of money doesn't make it good.

Do you not detect an contradiction there....at all? Even a little one?

It's the hype and anticipation of the film coming out that drives a lot of the films.

You'd think that being #1 the second weekend out would certainly dispell that fallcious belief of yours...

So everyone and their dog went to see Transformers 2, myself included, and why did a lot of people see it? because they really enjoyed the first one and hoped this one would be the same, and for some fans it delivered and others it didn't, but the fact remains that EVERYONE before they know anything about it will go see it and that is where the money comes from.

1. You misspelled "dawg". smile

2. Again, it was still number 1 after its second weekend. That blows your little theory out of the water. It remained number 1 despite Ice Age 3 and Public Enemies.

3. You cannot claim "everyone". That would be factually incorrect. In fact, I'd like to think that people knew at least something about the movie before seeing and many of them probably read those crappy reviews it got and STILL saw it. Including you, young man. smile

IMO

Yup. All of those were good or great films. It appears you have poor taste. smile

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I concur.

No you don't. You gave Revenge of the Fallen a 6 out of 10. That's better than average. A 4 is a light bad. smile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 12:56 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: Would Transformers Been Better as an Animated Film?

Originally posted by jcvaldez
Sure we would not see Megan Fox on screen, but . . .

Just, stop right there.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 01:03 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

Re: Re: Would Transformers Been Better as an Animated Film?

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Just, stop right there.

read the rest!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 01:49 AM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

Originally posted by dadudemon
Do you not detect an contradiction there....at all? Even a little one

The amount of money a movie makes is not the measurement of a good movie. Transformers 2 made a lot of money because of the hype and how well the first one did. Wolverine made a lot of money too, and that was a horrible movie.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 01:54 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by lord xyz
Both films are horrible, and I haven't actually seen the second one, but I don't feel like wasting money to see it and confirm it sucks.

I'm not a transformers fan at all, then again, these films aren't really for the fans anyway. They're just a marketing ploy aimed at young children who aren't mature enough to understand what a good film is.

Animating them would get rid of the whole cool SFX gimmick, and make it even worse.

It's a shitty hollywood film just like any other, copying the same format as Small Soldiers, with Transformers thrown in for money.

I can't stand how people love or even like these films.

...Okay, if you're not a fan of this franchise, you have no right whatsoever to make a claim that the films aren't made for the fans. I am a Transformers fan, as is my cousin (he's probably an even bigger one than I am), and we both agree that both movies hold more than enough tributes for fandom to recognize and respect. Hell, I'd rather watch the movies back to back every day of my life than watch the new animated crap they're calling Transformers (Note: This particular statement is my opinion. To those who like Transformers Animated...well, I feel sorry for you stick out tongue) nowadays.

As for your last statement...if you can't stand it, then wtf are you doing here? erm

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 02:04 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The amount of money a movie makes is not the measurement of a good movie. Transformers 2 made a lot of money because of the hype and how well the first one did. Wolverine made a lot of money too, and that was a horrible movie.

Did you read the the rest of my post where I debunked that myth that it was hype and advertising?

Another movie was similar: The Dark Knight. Of course, it did even better than Transformers 2 did, it's second weekend. But that's because it was a better movie....even WITH hype and a dead star.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
...Okay, if you're not a fan of this franchise, you have no right whatsoever to make a claim that the films aren't made for the fans. I am a Transformers fan, as is my cousin (he's probably an even bigger one than I am), and we both agree that both movies hold more than enough tributes for fandom to recognize and respect. Hell, I'd rather watch the movies back to back every day of my life than watch the new animated crap they're calling Transformers (Note: This particular statement is my opinion. To those who like Transformers Animated...well, I feel sorry for you stick out tongue) nowadays.

As for your last statement...if you can't stand it, then wtf are you doing here? erm

He's a grumpy, idiotic, Winjin Pom. Go easy on him.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 10th, 2009 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 02:10 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

you seem to forget something.. you say its because of hype that Transformers Revenge of the Fallen has made $ 637 worldwide and will most likely make another $ 100 mil or so.. it is not.. Hype only takes film so far.. where is THIS hype after a film has been out two or three months and still is making money, case in point Titanic.. whether that was a good or bad film people saw that each and every day

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 03:46 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

ROTF has got the establishment wondering about how big the disconnect can be between critics and audiences - no matter how shrilly negative most of them are, audiences are enthusiastic and telling friends to see it. It's on a pace nearing $1 billion worldwide (but it's not beating The Dark Knight.) But audiences also packed theatres for acclaimed films like Star Trek & Up, and turned their noses up at poorly reviewed films like Terminator Salvation.
So, where's the pattern...?
...Ultimately, there isn't one. It's the old William Goldman line about Hollywood: Nobody Knows Anything. Meaning, nobody REALLY knows what will work for audiences. It's ALWAYS a gamble, big or small.

But back to the point - Transformers has already been animated, 2D & 3D. Pointless to do it that way again, when FX tech has finally made it possible to do it in live action. Even as a kid enjoying the cartoon, I fantasized about how Transformers in live action could look; twenty years later I got my wish, and I'm enjoying the ride both films have given me.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 04:43 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote