KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY RPG- Character Creation

FIREFLY RPG- Character Creation
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Craft
CTE

Alrighty! Here goes nothing!

Alan "Overhaul" Prowler
Mechanic

“By the way, the 80-10’s the same machine. They just changed the outer plating and hoped no one’d notice!”

PHYSICAL
Strength: 3
Agility: 4
Dexterity: 3

MENTAL
Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 2
Perception: 5

SKILLS

Fix-It= 4
Sabotage= 4
Guns: 1
Combat: 2
Observation: 2
Intrusion: 3
Pilot: 1

MERITS:
Lucky

SCHTICKS

Gun schticks:
Bullet Time
Lightning Reload

Combat schticks:
Dodge and Weave
Snake Eyes

Pilot schticks:
Soft Landings
Deadshot

SPECIAL

The Mechanic can, once per episode, re-roll a failed Fix-It or Sabotage roll.

Background will come in a little later.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 08:49 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Just a heads up, Craft... Reroll aside, Harmony is currently a better mechanic than Alan. Might want to move another point into Fix-It to keep your specialty...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 03:05 PM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Not possible, the '=' sign means it's a fixed stat and can't have anymore skill points added into it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 03:14 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Craft
Not possible, the '=' sign means it's a fixed stat and can't have anymore skill points added into it.
Well, that might be slightly problematic... guess it could be a point of contention between our characters?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 03:16 PM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Possibly, or it could be an advantage having a couple of capable fix-its on board.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 03:21 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Thraxis88
Just a heads up, Craft... Reroll aside, Harmony is currently a better mechanic than Alan. Might want to move another point into Fix-It to keep your specialty...

To be honest, it might make sense for you to take some of your points from Fix-It and move them elsewhere...after all, the Mechanic is meant to be the one best with Fix-It. Your points would likely be better spent elsewhere.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:46 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'm in, I just haven't figured out what I want to do about this game yet.
My favorite type from the show is the gunslinger-y pistol shot style that Hal has. But I don't know if I want to play that, or go for something different.
And there seem to be quite a few Alliance scum on this ship. Might have to spice that up a bit...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:07 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, Browncoats need representation! Let me know if you need help sorting anything, Stefan.

Just a note to prospective players- Gan Ying's crew only needs one Pilot, one Medic, and one Mechanic, all of which we now have. Smugglers and Soldiers by the basketful are welcome, crew-wise.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 13th, 2009 at 07:32 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:27 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Originally posted by Captain REX
Indeed, Browncoats need representation! Let me know if you need help sorting anything, Stefan.

Just a note to prospective players- Gan Ying's crew only needs one Pilot, one Medic, and one Mechanic, all of which we now have. Smugglers and Soldiers by the basketful are welcome, crew-wise.
And we could always use more passengers and their mone- I mean, company!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 04:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Monpany...

Since the roster is pretty much filled out, we will be starting the prologue this week! Best to finalize what you want for your character by then (including backgrounds, I hope?). After the prologue, we'll see if anyone needs or wants to make any changes to their characters (and if I need to tweak the system at all!).

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:09 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Oh nice, it's going fast.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:16 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I'm in, I just haven't figured out what I want to do about this game yet.
My favorite type from the show is the gunslinger-y pistol shot style that Hal has. But I don't know if I want to play that, or go for something different.
And there seem to be quite a few Alliance scum on this ship. Might have to spice that up a bit...

If it helps, Kenneth is a Browncoat sympathizer. Working on that background!

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:51 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Well, here's Harmony's backstory: or, at least what she'd've told other people. She keeps to herself about this sort of thing quite a lot, and doesn't like prying questions.

Harmony was born on a Border moon- one of the ones surrounding Beaumonde, if you must know- though she and her father had to move out when he went through a rather nasty divorce and was no longer welcome in the house they'd called home. Before that, she was studying to become a pilot, almost an apprentice to an Alliance freighter's own helmsman. But, since the divorce and subsequent move to Persephone, Harmony's father started to drink, and she's been forced to take whatever piloting gigs she can to make ends meet. There is, of course, more to it, but that's all she'll say.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 03:06 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Giant Intimidating, will **** you up Browncoat soldier coming soon...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 07:32 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Looks nice, I'll create a character later.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 08:20 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Make it soon, I want to get things rolling.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 08:40 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Is there any crew template that you have too much of already?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 08:46 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think you can do either Smuggler and Soldier really, the other Crew are taken, I think.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 08:50 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Alright, is there a maximum you could have for guns and combat?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 09:00 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Alright, is there a maximum you could have for guns and combat?

5, unless it is fixed.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 09:03 PM