KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Liberator

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Liberator
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (54): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Craft
CTE

"I wont argue with you there. Though we shouldn't stand out here in the open until reinforcements arrive," Wentar says, looking around for any sign of activity. "Lets find somewhere more secure and call in the cavalry."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 11:46 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Quinto shakes his head.

"We need to get in there," he says. "Dangerous, I know, but if the Stardusters are notorious for anything, it is their ability to vanish when the jig is up. We can't give them that chance, Wentar. We're prodding on a year-old investigation, here."

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 11:48 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

"I understand... Alright then, getting in there wont be a problem. It's what happens after wards I'm worried about."

What does the outside layout of the building look like? How many entrances, anything window like we could look in to see the inside of the building?

"You said your other officers have been keeping tabs on this place. Do you know of anything we could use to our advantage here? Backdoors or things along those lines?"

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 11:59 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

As is typical of Coruscant architecture, this forgotten garage is sturdy enough that it serves as part of a mega-skyscraper that reaches high up into Coruscan't atmosphere. The vehicle entrance and the landing pad protrude further out from the side of said structure. The two accessible entrances are the massive blast door meant for speeders, and the smaller door that the thugs went through.

"I will climb up to the windows just over the entry," Quinto says. "It will give me a decent vantage point to cover you from. That was always part of the plan if we decided to take this place. Anything else doesn't really help us, I'm afraid."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:11 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

That blast door will take too long to cut through... Looks like it's the smaller door time!

"Give me a signal when your in position, then I'll cut through the entry and... Well lets hope I get a shot at talking them down first, eh?"

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:20 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Doubt it," Quinto says. "Cut your way in, I'll be ready."

Quinto is going to use a built-in ladder to one side of the heavy blast door to climb up to those windows.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 08:48 PM
Craft
CTE

Well Wentar will go ahead and cut the door down.

I assume you want my loadout? Foccussed guard, Reflection and Block please.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Perfect.

Your lightsaber sinks into the door and slowly melts it away until it falls inwards. You step through into near darkness, but there is light ahead of you.

The inside of the massive speeder garage, since it no longer serves that purpose, is reminiscent of the warehouse from Indiana Jones where they stash the Ark of the Covenant. Full of crates! With alleys between wide enough for speeders to move through. There is also a clearing, where you hear hushed voices and hurried footsteps. Men are loading a large truck-like speeder with as many crates as they can grab.

The men who you engaged in the speeder chase with are being chastised by a guy wearing a beaten leather jacket and a heavy pistol at his belt, his hair slicked back. He looks like a smuggler.

"You LED them here?!" the smuggler angrily asks.

"Well... yeah..." the Driver says. "They shot back at us! Where were we supposed to go?"

"Anywhere but here!" the smuggler snarls.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:25 AM
Craft
CTE

Have they noticed me yet?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:38 AM
REXXXX
Networking

They have not.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:49 AM
Craft
CTE

Alright. I don't have intrusion but I do have Presense, could I sneak towards the smuggler looking guy using Presense?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Certainly. The smuggler is preoccupied and Presence works well here amongst the crates so that he nor any of his men in the area notice you as you creep in, having rolled four successes.

"This is just proof that you guys were the wrong people for the job," the smuggler. "You convinced me that you could handle it!"

"How do we make this right, boss?" asks one of the flunkies.

"I'll show you how we make this right..."

In an instance, there is a flash as the smuggler quick-draws and fires his pistol from his hip, striking the driver in the gut. In the same moment, he guns down one of the thugs before it can react. The other two flail and scream uselessly before being shot themselves.

"Idiots," he says, kicking one of them before twirling his pistol stylishly and holstering it. He swivels on the heel of his boot, his back to Wentar's hiding place, and yelps at the gawking underlings. "Get back to work! I want this stuff outta here before the cops show!"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 08:04 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar will use this opportunity to spring forward, activating his lightsaber, holding it against the smuggler. (Obviously not close enough to cut him, but moving would be a bad idea.)

"In the name of the Jedi Order you are all under arrest," he shouts, keeping his lightsaber trained on the Smuggler. "Drop your weapons and get on the floor! We have this place secured and any resistance will be dealt with swiftly!" Wentar hopes Quinto's sniping will disable any runners and that none call his bluff.

Intimidation roll with Presence please.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 08:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

When Wentar springs into action and holds the smuggler hostage via lightsaber, every goon in the area goes for their guns and draws bead on you before you can even speak.

But when you do, Presence bumps Wentar's Intimidation pool up to 9 dice. He rolls a decent three successes, and while the thugs don't toss down their blasters, they do lower them.

The smuggler laughs.

"They may all have the collective intelligence of a barstool," the smuggler says, "but I'm not a maroon! Those men I just shot told me it was you and the sniper chasing them. This far down, it'll take a lot longer than that for the cavalry to come!"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:09 AM
Craft
CTE

"I can wait," Wentar says, counting how many goons are in the area. "I have no intention of letting you go anywhere."

Can I disarm him, get rid of that pesky blaster of his?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:37 AM
REXXXX
Networking

There are somewhere around thirty. In addition, one has jumped onto a nearby speeder and armed the heavy blaster turret there.

Are you just going to yank it out of its holster?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 02:37 PM
Craft
CTE

I'd prefer to throw it away with a flick of the wrist via the force. I wouldn't put it past this smuggler to do something funny if I tried to grab it physically.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 02:57 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The pistol clatters away.

"They will shoot through me if it means they get away," the smuggler warns you. "Not very Jedi-like to take hostages, you know."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 06:05 PM
Craft
CTE

"I just assumed you had better control over your men."

Would Empathy or Scan be any use here? See if he's bluffing about them shooting him?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:12 PM
REXXXX
Networking

(Note: Any Force points spent during this part of the game will be replenished once it is over, to represent the passing of time. So feel free to go nuts!)

Using Empathy tells you that the flunkies are hesitant to shoot. They are afraid of you, but they are more afraid of the Smuggler.

"Maybe," the smuggler says. "Being held hostage by a Jedi doesn't do much for your image, though."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 11:07 PM