KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman's Best Fights

Superman's Best Fights
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I didn't either, but I remember seeing the fight. It was pretty good.

if i see it, ill definitely post it...

Originally posted by Allankles
Superman had some good fights in the legion toon. In someways he performed better on average in the legion series than the timmverse.

You guys should check it out, if for nothing else than it had cool battles.

EDIT: You should be warned, it's fairly kiddy i.e. if you didn't knwo that already. Got to fly...aand missed my train.

lol, good luck, and i might have a look...

New vid:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 05:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Superman against Manchester Black and his team is still one of the greatest fights in history.

Against Doomsday aswell for the sheer epicness.

His fight against Lex in the Up and Away arc was also awesome.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 08:05 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Raoul
if i see it, ill definitely post it...

lol, good luck, and i might have a look...

New vid:

Tahaha.

"You think that can kill me? My skin can withstand a nuclear explosion."

*Heat Vision *****!*

"My bones...my...bones....drool..."

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:46 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Tahaha.

"You think that can kill me? My skin can withstand a nuclear explosion."

*Heat Vision *****!*

"My bones...my...bones....drool..."

laughing out loud yup. i'll upload some more later.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Doomsday Vs Superman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noedf3JhFYA

The best fight IMO.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 03:52 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by The Pict
The best fight IMO.

Idk, the destruction was huge. The fight with Marvel had more destruction. Although, I really liked the fight with Atom

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 02:59 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

I really like that Amazo fight, it was done quite well and the animation is really great. Watching those clips makes me miss the Justice League cartoon. It seems like the recent chain of comic cartoons have been very kid oriented.

I know cartoons are generally aimed at kids but the JL/JLU show was great because a lot of the episodes were adapted from comic story lines and it just had a more mature theme compared to DCs current animations. Of course it's not all bad since they give the older audience the one shot dvd releases all of which have been good.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 03:45 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Te ones against Imperiex and the probes

i dont have them but if someone does i think those should be posted

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 04:24 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Idk, the destruction was huge. The fight with Marvel had more destruction. Although, I really liked the fight with Atom

The Doomsday fight from the movie destroyed like half the city, when he fought CM in JLU they only destroyed a few buildings in a park square or something.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 04:41 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

The Doomsday fight from the movie destroyed like half the city, when he fought CM in JLU they only destroyed a few buildings in a park square or something.

The fight with DD only destroyed a huge part of the city because of the explosion at the end of the fight. In the fight with CM, I punch destroyed a building like nothing.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 04:43 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

The fight with DD only destroyed a huge part of the city because of the explosion at the end of the fight. In the fight with CM, I punch destroyed a building like nothing.

They covered a lot more ground trading punches in the film, than Supes did with CM where they stayed within an isolated area.

Edit: Plus like you said the explosion destroyed half the city so why did you say the CM fight had more distruction?

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 04:49 PM
Magee

Supermans greatest victory. wink

Not one of his best fights but it has to be the funniest animated one.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:31 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

They covered a lot more ground trading punches in the film, than Supes did with CM where they stayed within an isolated area.

Edit: Plus like you said the explosion destroyed half the city so why did you say the CM fight had more distruction?

CM fight was very short. However, it that amount of time one of their punches destroy huge buildings. They acted like there were no walls. Against doomsday, it took a lot more punches to destroy a building(besides the explosion and Superman tossing DD to a building)

Last edited by xJLxKing on Jul 14th, 2009 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:35 PM
Philosophía

So fights are judged by how many buildings they go through and power displays ?

Cool.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 06:49 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Philosophía
So fights are judged by how many buildings they go through and power displays ?

Cool.

Well I hate when I see a fight with Superman (or anybody else) and they destruction they cause is so small. In reality, a fight between Superman and anyone else his level should destroy a huge part of the city. I love to see a fight between titans and the damage they cause. It add to the intensity. The hair of my back rose up when I first saw the fight with CM and Superman; Same goes with Superman and DD (the soundtrack had something to do with it stick out tongue)

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 07:11 PM
Philosophía

I agree with that, but I disagree with the level of destruction making a fight great. Emotional involvment/stakes etc are what matter most, at least to me.

But if you're into that sort of stuff, you'll probably like this.. (not to mention it has both sides of what we're looking for in a fight)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Basically, they're hitting eachother so hard that the world breaks, time/space shatters and they experience eachother's lifes and it is hinted that perhaps the whole Superman Blue/Superman Red deal from a few years back is a result of this fight.

Last edited by Philosophía on Jul 14th, 2009 at 07:30 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 07:26 PM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Philosophía
I agree with that, but I disagree with the level of destruction making a fight great. Emotional involvment/stakes etc are what matter most, at least to me.

But if you're into that sort of stuff, you'll probably like this.. (not to mention it has both sides of what we're looking for in a fight)

Basically, they're hitting eachother so hard that the world breaks, time/space shatters and they experience eachother's lifes and it is hinted that perhaps the whole Superman Blue/Superman Red deal from a few years back is a result of this fight.

I think you misunderstood me. When I said I like destruction. I mean I like it in a show/movie; not a book. Also, you are right! the story, the emotional involvement..etc is what adds to the intensity of the fight. They all help each other.

Now the reason why I didn't like DD vs Superman fight to much is because they really didn't portray DD like they did in the comics. They tried to get the fight over with just so they can get on with the movie. In CM, they story wasn't to go, but it the fighting was nice. Two heroes, and Lex right in the middle. Idk, but I liked it more.

Btw, those scan are good. I liked them

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 07:37 PM
Trackz

i think thats definitely his best comic fight

superman vs. wonder woman was decent:

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 07:48 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

From the top of my head, the fight with Mandrakk was very nice. The ending was also very good. In his tombstone it said.. To be continue.. To me that was the end of Mandrakk. It meant that Mandrakk couldn't beat Superman's story. Idk, just my opinion

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 07:55 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

From the top of my head, the fight with Mandrakk was very nice. The ending was also very good. In his tombstone it said.. To be continue.. To me that was the end of Mandrakk. It meant that Mandrakk couldn't beat Superman's story. Idk, just my opinion

i have access to the legion cartoon. if you let me know which superman it was who fought him, or even what episode, i could upload it for you...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 08:10 AM