KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Captain America vs Jango Fett

Triple Threat Match
This poll is closed.
Darth Maul 5 100.00%
Captain America 0 0%
Jango Fett 0 0%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Maul vs Captain America vs Jango Fett
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Thought about it a while.....Maul takes Jango out with a saber throw. As CA attacks, Maul uses precog to it's fullest, dodging each attack. He calls his saber back to him, then attacks CA fully. I dont think CA could handle Maul while Maul is attacking with both blades AND the force.

But hey, all I have seen of CA is the vids Rob posted, so CA might actually be able to go toe to toe with Maul.

Anyone can win if you script the fight out.

That's not the point of these threads.

"Maul dodges each attack". Of course he does if you assume he does.

I have seen Maul fight, as you have. I haven't seen him do anything that'd trouble Captain America.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 10:07 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

What's this precog crap? Darth Maul never showed that. I'm sure Jedi and Sith can do this, but Phantom Menace showed Maul failing at using his presumed "precog" when Obiwan sliced hi in half. Didn't he see that coming? Didn't he see his arrogance get the best of him? I'll wait here for a: "Jedis can cancel out Sith precog because of this - and that- blah blah!!!noob!!"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 10:40 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Is CA like superhuman? Or is he like Daredevil, badass, but can bleed and be hurt/killed like a regular human?
He's definately superhuman in the strength and durability department. I'd say he's peak human in the other areas(which is more than Maul or Jango can account for). Cap has been shot but he describes them as nothing but "flesh wounds". He far beyond movie Daredevil and no regular human. Here's some more videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0Qu5t7Plc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXI...=PL&index=8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wC...feature=channel

Just check out both films if you can. They're good and Hulk vs Wolverine is good.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jul 15th, 2009 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 01:12 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Anyone can win if you script the fight out.

That's not the point of these threads.

"Maul dodges each attack". Of course he does if you assume he does.

I have seen Maul fight, as you have. I haven't seen him do anything that'd trouble Captain America.

-AC
Well, dunno much about CA, I am learning as I post here. It was just a theory. I watched that vid Rob posted earlier, and DAMN man, Thor is a juggernaut. I gotta get that movie on DVD.

If you were Maul, who would you concentrate on taking out first? Who would warrant more of your attention?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Jul 15th, 2009 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 02:53 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scythe
What's this precog crap? Darth Maul never showed that. I'm sure Jedi and Sith can do this, but Phantom Menace showed Maul failing at using his presumed "precog" when Obiwan sliced hi in half. Didn't he see that coming? Didn't he see his arrogance get the best of him? I'll wait here for a: "Jedis can cancel out Sith precog because of this - and that- blah blah!!!noob!!"
Jusy saying, it is a known force power. Dunno if Maul is weak in that particular area or what, but yeah, Obi decaffeinated his ass.

In ROTS, we can see Ayala Secura sensing the clone attack with precog, but she got fried. Obi Wan sensed Zam about to blast him iin AOTC, and he reacted in time.

So yeah, I guess saying some Jedi/Sith are stronger/weaker in that area is about right.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Jul 15th, 2009 at 03:04 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 02:54 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

-AC

Being hit anywhere on the body with a lightsabre would be 'troubling' to Capt. Which Maul definitely has the speed and skill to do, just a matter of who gets first hit here, imo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 15th, 2009 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

We still don't know if the weapon can cut through the shield, and Capt has outfought people with better close combat skill than Maul.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:44 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

We still don't know if the weapon can cut through the shield, and Capt has outfought people with better close combat skill than Maul.

-AC

I going on the grounds that it can't, as it in nigh-indestructible. But it's a fairly small shield, Capt blocks high, his torso and legs are vulnerable to the other end of the sabre, and vice-versa.

Who did he fight in Ultimate Avengers 1-2 that was better? Have to factor in Mauls speed, his ability to use the Force offensively and his reach advantage with the twin-sabre.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Martin
He's definately superhuman in the strength and durability department. I'd say he's peak human in the other areas(which is more than Maul or Jango can account for). Cap has been shot but he describes them as nothing but "flesh wounds". He far beyond movie Daredevil and no regular human. Here's some more videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0Qu5t7Plc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXI...=PL&index=8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wC...feature=channel

Just check out both films if you can. They're good and Hulk vs Wolverine is good.
Watching them now. Thanx for the links wink

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:56 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I going on the grounds that it can't, as it in nigh-indestructible. But it's a fairly small shield, Capt blocks high, his torso and legs are vulnerable to the other end of the sabre, and vice-versa.

Who did he fight in Ultimate Avengers 1-2 that was better? Have to factor in Mauls speed, his ability to use the Force offensively and his reach advantage with the twin-sabre.

Very true, I forgot we're going by movie showings.

Depending on his reaction time to block Maul's strikes, he would either block or get hit. Of course, Maul's weapon isn't necessarily going to work as well at close range, it's a length weapon. So if Capt were to get close enough and clocked him with the shield, he'd be done.

True what you said, just depends who gets through the guards first.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:13 PM
Darth Martin

Watching them now. Thanx for the links wink
Anytime. thumb up

If you were Maul, who would you concentrate on taking out first? Who would warrant more of your attention?
Fett. He knows the technology and skill of Mandalorians. He's also the deadliest range attacker here. I'd think he'd persue him first.

Originally posted by Robtard
Being hit anywhere on the body with a lightsabre would be 'troubling' to Capt.
No doubt, let's not forget Cap has been shot multiple times and fought on as well as stabbed by Kleiser. He's no stranger to piercing attacks or projectiles.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:20 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

This may have already been asked, forgive me if it has, but who is faster? More agile? CA or Maul?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:21 PM
Darth Martin

This may have already been asked, forgive me if it has, but who is faster? More agile? CA or Maul?
Cap is definately faster and more agile unaided by an outside force. However I'd assume Maul can use the Force to let him cover an insane distance in a short amount of time just like Kenobi and Qui-Gon did against the Droid-Dekas.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

No doubt, let's not forget Cap has been shot multiple times and fought on as well as stabbed by Kleiser. He's no stranger to piercing attacks or projectiles.

I'm not doubting his toughest, as he took hits from an enraged Hulk and continued to come back for more like a champ. But a lightsabre would easily cut through him.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:26 PM
Darth Martin

No question. All I'm saying is it likely won't be a one-hit kill thing. Especially considering a lightsaber cut produces no blood so bleeding to death isn't an issue.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:32 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cap is definately faster and more agile unaided by an outside force. However I'd assume Maul can use the Force to let him cover an insane distance in a short amount of time just like Kenobi and Qui-Gon did against the Droid-Dekas.
I think force push would be of great use here. If CA gets too close for Maul's liking, Maul can simply force push him away. Like AC said, Maul's lightsaber is not as effective at a closer range. Too bad Maul never displayed force lightning or choke.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:35 PM
Darth Martin

I think force push would be of great use here. If CA gets too close for Maul's liking, Maul can simply force push him away. Like AC said, Maul's lightsaber is not as effective at a closer range. Too bad Maul never displayed force lightning or choke.
The fact that Maul didn't display either technique makes this fight even closer. smile

If Maul gets too close, Cap can become a battering ram.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:41 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one is talking about Jango buzzing to and fro like a pestering fly

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:43 PM
Darth Martin

No one is talking about Jango period. no expression It's like everyone's sleeping on dude. He's not as good a martial artist and get up close like these two can. But his range here is aces.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:45 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, thats why I said earlier if I were Maul I'd saber throw Jango, force leap away from CA, call my saber back to me, and take on CA.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:48 PM