KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Sam Raimi - Worthy Or Not?

Do you think Sam Raimi did a good job on the Spider-Man movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
YES!! AWESOME JOB!! 7 28.00%
He's ok. 9 36.00%
HE SUCKS!! GIVE ME A NEW DIRECTOR!! 6 24.00%
I'm not interested in Spider-Man. 3 12.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sam Raimi - Worthy Or Not?
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidermanrocks

Sam Raimi - Worthy Or Not?

Do you think Sam Raimi is worthy of doing Spider-Man movies? Don't forget the pole!!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 12:39 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He's ok at it

but i can already see Mr Parkers answer for it "HE SUCKS!! GIVE ME A NEW DIRECTOR!!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 05:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Worthy or not Raimi is doing these movie for a very long time

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 07:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's okay to great.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 06:57 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Meh. Hes ok but nothing special. Too much cheese, Parker out of character + Dunst Tobey - definitely NOT the best choice...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 08:44 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Worthy or not Raimi is doing these movie for a very long time

I have no problem with Sam Raimi. I just want to hear what others think of him. That's why I made this thread.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 05:00 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I have no problem with Sam Raimi. I just want to hear what others think of him. That's why I made this thread.

he is loved, he is hated, that will not change the fact that people have watched all three Spiderman movies and will see Spidey 4, 5, 6 and beyond

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

He's good. The Spider Man movies are fantastic - real main stream. They go beyond the screens of purely comic book fans. Taking a character like Spider-Man and making 3 movies that aren't absolutely ridiculous is an impressive feat.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:09 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Why? People LOVE Spider-man, So making three movies about him that people would wanna go see isnt that impressive. Especially concidering that it was the first time Spidey was on the big screen.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:53 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Normally, I would have said he did an awesome job, but after 3, he went down a bit. I said he did ok. He can redeem himself though. With the masterpieces that were Spider 1 and 2, I know the dudes got it in him.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 09:07 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

1 and 2 were really good, 3 sucked balls and it was his fault. This left a nasty bitter taste in my mouth about him. Does he deserve to get another shot? nothing I can do there.....its going to happen or not. Will I like SM 4? time will tell.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 09:17 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by The Nuul
1 and 2 were really good, 3 sucked balls and it was his fault. This left a nasty bitter taste in my mouth about him. Does he deserve to get another shot? nothing I can do there.....its going to happen or not. Will I like SM 4? time will tell.
It wasn't really his fault. I still blame it on Sony for forcing him to use Venom in the movie. His original joices where Sandman and New Goblin or Sandman and Vulture. If it wasn't for Sony forcing Venom down his throat, Spiderman 3 could have been just as amazing as 1 and 2 I think.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 09:58 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

The fans wanted Venom, Raimi didnt like him so he did it his way and pretty much said screw them on what they want. I am going to mess this character up.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 10:03 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Spiderman 1 was very good, 2 was was great, but 3 was a real letdown. For me Raimi seemed to be making 3 while on autopilot, whilst he put his heart and soul into the first 2 movies.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 02:14 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by The Nuul
The fans wanted Venom, Raimi didnt like him so he did it his way and pretty much said screw them on what they want. I am going to mess this character up.
I seriously doubt he would **** up the character on purpose and risk loosing millions of dollars over an inconvenience. The dude had Venom forced down his throat at last minute and did the best he could with it. It didn't turn out good, but its hardly his fault. Sure, its no secret he doesn't really care much for Venom, but it doesn't mean he ****ed over the character because he didn't like him.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 01:12 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by SamZED
Why? People LOVE Spider-man, So making three movies about him that people would wanna go see isnt that impressive. Especially concidering that it was the first time Spidey was on the big screen.

People love Superman (way more than Spider man by the way) - but that didn't stop the Returns movie from tanking and sucking balls.

The fact that he made people want to go see it wasn't the impressive part - it was the fact that they were all actually GOOD movies, that people OTHER than comic book fans can appreciate.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 06:11 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Actually this days people love Spider-man morebig grin
Supes is just more wellknown. Also watching a movie about a guy that can do anything is kinda boring..

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 07:56 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by SamZED
Actually this days people love Spider-man morebig grin

And you can thank Sam Raimi's movies for that.

end game.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 06:06 PM
SamZED

Originally posted by Quincy
And you can thank Sam Raimi's movies for that.

end game.

And you can thank "incert any director's name" for that. Spider-man movies did not need Raimi, almost any director (as long as he's not a complete idiot) could've made the movies and they would've been just as interesting and popular or even more interesting (SM3). It's Raimi who should be thankfull he got the chance to make the movies about Spider-man.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 12:16 PM
Quincy
Debaser

So you're saying

1. Sam Raimi does not deserve credit for making Spider-Man a respectable movie franchise increasing the characters popularity?

And 2. that anyone could have made a better or at least as good Spidey movie as Sam Raimi's?

Sig by Scribble

Last edited by Quincy on Aug 12th, 2009 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 08:05 PM