I think it woulda been better to end with dumbledores funeral. The reason being that although Harry's mentor and the man who was always there to protect him was gone...Harry was ready to protect himself, he was ready to take down Voldemort The ending we got had the same effect but not as much as it could have had it been Dumbledores funeral
I loved the movie, but I'm one of those who consider the books and movies totally different. Like in the books I seriously fell inlove with Dumbledore, even after what we find out in DH. But the movie Dumbledore not so much. I balled, seriously, when he died in the book. Just didin't hit me nearly as hard. (Was never a fan of this actor as him anyways.)
And as a HUGE dumbledore fan, the funeral would have been so beautiful and no doubt tear jerking. It was good they still had forks in the ending.
But hey it's harry potter I love it no matter what!
Odd, I saw it at the midnight show then again today and I really enjoyed it both times, but at the midnight show I felt like utterly and completely hypnotized, due to the anticipation I'm guessing.
They made a few boo boo's so lets see how they fix them, or even if they do.
Hey for those of you who have seen ROTR, didn't Dumbledore look like Gandolf, just before him and Harry left for the cave? Or is it just me lol.
Gender: Female Location: On the quest for Neverland
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 1. I wanted to see the fight
2. What the hell did they have to burn the burrow for? That was confusing and pointless! The Death Eaters aren't even SUPPOSED to be able to find it- it's supposed to have loads of charms on it and whatnot.
3. Sigh, that part where he shouted 'DON'T CALL ME COWARD" seemed to me to be important, seeing what happens in Deathly Hallows
4. Yeah I know Bill wasn't really a staple character, but still, he and Fleur is getting married in the last one, aren't they? They can't leave the wedding out. So at least mention him or something.....
5. Sigh....the funeral. Enough said.
6. Dammit, I really wanted to hear Harry say 'Dumbledore's man through and through."
7. That damn vanishing cabinet shit-- wtf? No one is supposed to know what Malfoy was doing until the end.
And my own disappointment- THEY LEFT OUT THE PART WHERE HARRY FINDS OUT FROM TRELAWNEY THAT IT WAS SNAPE WHO "SENT" VOLDEMORT AFTER HIS PARENTS. That was supposed to be important, wasn't it?!