KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Dumbledore's funeral

Dumbledore's funeral
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
I had no problem with the ending!

Good for you

I think it woulda been better to end with dumbledores funeral. The reason being that although Harry's mentor and the man who was always there to protect him was gone...Harry was ready to protect himself, he was ready to take down Voldemort smile The ending we got had the same effect but not as much as it could have had it been Dumbledores funeral

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 09:54 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

I loved the movie, but I'm one of those who consider the books and movies totally different. Like in the books I seriously fell inlove with Dumbledore, even after what we find out in DH. But the movie Dumbledore not so much. I balled, seriously, when he died in the book. Just didin't hit me nearly as hard. (Was never a fan of this actor as him anyways.)

And as a HUGE dumbledore fan, the funeral would have been so beautiful and no doubt tear jerking. It was good they still had forks in the ending.

But hey it's harry potter I love it no matter what!

Odd, I saw it at the midnight show then again today and I really enjoyed it both times, but at the midnight show I felt like utterly and completely hypnotized, due to the anticipation I'm guessing.

They made a few boo boo's so lets see how they fix them, or even if they do.

Hey for those of you who have seen ROTR, didn't Dumbledore look like Gandolf, just before him and Harry left for the cave? Or is it just me lol.

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 01:36 AM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

When Dumbledore died in the book I was really shocked

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 07:58 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hybris
Saw it today and was more than a bit disappointed...

read why below wink

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
-There was no fight at Hogwarts between the death eaters and the order.
- There was a fight at The Burrow ( I was like wtf!) that had totally no use or meaning...
- The final dialogue between snape and harry without the "DON'T CALL ME COWARD"...
- Bill wasn't even in this movie, let alone that he was injured by Greyback, hence I don't see the point of Greyback being in the movie...
- The funeral of Dumbledore and the break-up between Harry and Ginny was left out...
- Rufus Scrimgeour was nowhere to be seen, as were the dialogues with the "Dumbledore's man all the way"...
- Everyone seems to know about the Vanishing cabinet, Harry even sees the one in the Room of Requirement but doesn't seem to realise...

I agree!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 1. I wanted to see the fight
2. What the hell did they have to burn the burrow for? That was confusing and pointless! The Death Eaters aren't even SUPPOSED to be able to find it- it's supposed to have loads of charms on it and whatnot.
3. Sigh, that part where he shouted 'DON'T CALL ME COWARD" seemed to me to be important, seeing what happens in Deathly Hallows
4. Yeah I know Bill wasn't really a staple character, but still, he and Fleur is getting married in the last one, aren't they? They can't leave the wedding out. So at least mention him or something.....
5. Sigh....the funeral. Enough said.
6. Dammit, I really wanted to hear Harry say 'Dumbledore's man through and through."
7. That damn vanishing cabinet shit-- wtf? No one is supposed to know what Malfoy was doing until the end.

And my own disappointment- THEY LEFT OUT THE PART WHERE HARRY FINDS OUT FROM TRELAWNEY THAT IT WAS SNAPE WHO "SENT" VOLDEMORT AFTER HIS PARENTS. That was supposed to be important, wasn't it?!

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 03:34 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The 6th book had quite a few important bits in it which they failed to mention in the film. Tbh I think the whole movie was just a disaster sad

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:19 AM
coolmovies

I have not read the books but i did feel there was something missing . Anyway it was very dark and the best out of all 6 .

Just woundring is the last movie gonna be much darker ? if so i cant wait for a big climax.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 10:15 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I reckon film 7 will be quite dark, I'm hoping so anyways and I am also hoping they keep in the main bits. Since it's being split into two films there's no reason to miss much out erm

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 10:40 AM
coolmovies

I agree two hours for each part

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 03:13 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I think maybe over 2 hours for both films

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 03:28 PM
d'wittymudblood
The Ultimate Head Girl

The idea of the book was reasonably carried out in the movie. Dumbledore's funeral, as many says, may be seen in the last movie. It will serve as the opening scene of Deathly Hallows, hopefully.

come up bad to another clever I did..
and get us killed, or worst..
ExPeLLed..."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:54 PM
d'wittymudblood is currently offline Click here to Send d'wittymudblood a Private Message Find more posts by d'wittymudblood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I wasn't so happy with the film

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:56 AM
Miss S Malfoy
Delusional

I didn't either,I guess they'll include it to the start of the next movie.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 02:58 AM
Miss S Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Miss S Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Miss S Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote