KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?

Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Wolverine will leap onto Optimus and cut his shit into pieces.
laughing

Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Green Goblin are barely a threat. Goblin doesn't have the arsenal to kill Prime. I'd like to see Wolverine try and heal back from a shot from Prime's gun or Prime accidently stepping on him. Spider-Man is merely a distraction.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 12:51 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Wolverine was able to heal flesh instantly as it was desintegrating. Primes gun is not going to affect Wolverines Adamantium. Once Wolverine latches onto Prime he will be able to maneuver all over Prime and tear his shit up. A few well placed swipes from Wolverine and Primes shit will be handicapped.

Green Goblin may not do much damage to Prime but the fact that he can fly all around Prime while dodging his attacks makes him a threat. I think Spiderman is much more than just a distraction. Prime would have to get very lucky to land a blow on him. Spideys webbing also shouldn't be underestimated. Not only can he constantly blind Prime he could also restrict his movements from a distance as Prime is dealing with other fighters.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:05 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Eminence
To mass carpet bombing and a prototype rail gun?

one shot from an rpg stunned a decepticon and one more destroyed it. the transformers in the movies really do have shit durability.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:07 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Wolverine was able to heal flesh instantly as it was desintegrating. Primes gun is not going to affect Wolverines Adamantium. Once Wolverine latches onto Prime he will be able to maneuver all over Prime and tear his shit up. A few well placed swipes from Wolverine and Primes shit will be handicapped.

Green Goblin may not do much damage to Prime but the fact that he can fly all around Prime while dodging his attacks makes him a threat. I think Spiderman is much more than just a distraction. Prime would have to get very lucky to land a blow on him. Spideys webbing also shouldn't be underestimated. Not only can he constantly blind Prime he could also restrict his movements from a distance as Prime is dealing with other fighters.
Blinding Prime would be a viable tactic. Wolverine really isn't a threat to Prime. He can BFR him far away quickly. What weapons do you think Goblin has that will be effective. His missiles suck. The only other thing he has our machine guns.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:10 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Blinding Prime would be a viable tactic. Wolverine really isn't a threat to Prime. He can BFR him far away quickly. What weapons do you think Goblin has that will be effective. His missiles suck. The only other thing he has our machine guns.

It doesn't matter how many times Wolverine gets knocked down. He is going to continue to get up and his agility is going to allow him to reach Prime sooner or later. If he is fighting with Spiderman he will be able to reach Prime with great ease.

Personally i think Goblins weaponry would be enough to drop Prime. It may take a while but given what we've seen from the movies i think it would be enough. I'm ignoring that however, because i don't think small explosives should be able to harm the transformers, regardless of what the movies say. I am saying that the Goblin is a threat to Prime because of the support he can offer his team. He can get relatively close to Prime without putting himself at much risk.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Impediment
After consideration, I have decided to let this stay open. However, Let me ask everyone else:

Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is spite? It seems to me that Prime would die horribly by the hands of so many supers.

Prime loses horribly I do agree.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:32 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

laughing

Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Green Goblin are barely a threat. Goblin doesn't have the arsenal to kill Prime. I'd like to see Wolverine try and heal back from a shot from Prime's gun or Prime accidently stepping on him. Spider-Man is merely a distraction.

He can regenerate against disintegration so I don't see whats so special about his gun. Prime can't crush Adamantium either.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:34 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by WO Polaski
one shot from an rpg stunned a decepticon and one more destroyed it. the transformers in the movies really do have shit durability.

Shittier in ROTF even, which was annoying.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 01:57 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Personally i think Goblins weaponry would be enough to drop Prime.
erm

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He can regenerate against disintegration so I don't see whats so special about his gun.
Didn't seem to help him against the much stronger and weaker Juggernaut, who Logan got no hits in on.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:37 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

erm

Didn't seem to help him against the much stronger and weaker Juggernaut, who Logan got no hits in on.

Juggernaut was invulnerable so yeah I didn't expect him to hurt him.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:02 AM
Darth Martin

That's not the point. He didn't get any hits in. Whether his claws would have penetrated him or not is irrelevent. His attacks failed. Prime is bigger and stronger.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 05:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That's not the point. He didn't get any hits in. Whether his claws would have penetrated him or not is irrelevent. His attacks failed. Prime is bigger and stronger.

Prime is also having to worry about several other guys and it'd be easy for Wolverine to hide out until Prime's distracted while trying to rip his arm free of webbing, clearly the smoke from Goblin's bombs from his eyes and taking yet another lightning blot from Storm.

You argue from the basis that Prime will be facing each opponent individually, he won't, they'll be attacking at the same time many a time.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wolverine can cut into Prime, yes?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:18 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I would say so.

Primes' metal isn't as indestructable as Admantium.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:20 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then why is Prime winning even being considered? Wolvie solos.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:21 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:32 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK maybe not solo, but what Rob said.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:34 PM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Then why is Prime winning even being considered? Wolvie solos.
laughing You guys swear Wolverine is god.

Originally posted by Robtard
You argue from the basis that Prime will be facing each opponent individually, he won't, they'll be attacking at the same time many a time.
As if fighting multiple opponents is a problem for Prime. He had the advantage against Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. In the climax he beat the two most powerful Decepticons in Megatron and the Fallen, killing the Fallen and causing Megatron to retreat. These characters>>this Marvel team. I'm not saying it'd be easy or else I wouldn't have made this thread. I make threads to be challenges and I think Prime would win with considerable difficulty mostly due to the small size and agileness of characters like Goblin and Spider-Man.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As if fighting multiple opponents is a problem for Prime. He had the advantage against Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. In the climax he beat the two most powerful Decepticons in Megatron and the Fallen, killing the Fallen and causing Megatron to retreat. These characters>>this Marvel team. I'm not saying it'd be easy or else I wouldn't have made this thread. I make threads to be challenges and I think Prime would win with considerable difficulty mostly due to the small size and agileness of characters like Goblin and Spider-Man.

Those cats are also his size and proper targets. They also weren't flying around as IM, Gob and Storm would be.

Wolverine isn't god, but Prime has nothing to permanently take him out with, he can step on him, he can blast the piss out of him and he can cut off chunks of flesh, fool is going to heal and come back; each time, he'll be landing a couple of hits, which can gimp Prime should they land on a joint or servo.

Personally, I think Prime has a chance(not a clear win like you think), as several of those fools will die from one hit. He's going to have an incredibly hard time hitting Spider-man and he's going to have to save Wolverine for last, maybe throw his ass miles away, probably lose a finger or two in the process.

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 21st, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:08 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Wolverine isn't God, but Prime can't keep him down. Fighting two decepticons=/=fighting this team when they are more agile, they have fliers. harder to hit and have a very diverse set of powers.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:14 PM