KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?

Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Agreed.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:46 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Upon re-evaluation of the forest fight scene: Where the **** did Optimus get those hooks?

Also, I still think the Marvel team has a slight advantage due to their numbers but it won't be an easy win.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Not to mention it wasn't real...holodeck doesn't make for good feat reference. smile

The whole point in referencing it was for Wolverine's ehh... cutting efficiency wasn't it? A simulation is as good as the real thing for that really since it's not really about anything else but his ability to cut through a thick object.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:15 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

If they wanted to demonstrate that, they should have actually shown him performing the act. The Danger Room is for simulating battle scenarios, but that doesn't mean stipulations or parameters wouldn't be tweaked here and there. It's just a bad reference point all over.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:19 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

The neck is this big *holds out hands* and he cut through it in X amount of time. Unless parameters were set so the Sentinel was made of soap suds, it's something. Not saying he always will, but the possibility is open where if Wolverine has X amount of time he can cut through *holds out hands* this amount of material.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:28 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I really think it was an exaggeration to help Logan's jobber aura, myself. Anyways, cutting through X amount of material in X amount of time becomes much more difficult when said X material is not a stationary target.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:35 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I agree.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 10:01 AM
Eminence
Boss

quote:
Doctor-Alvis
Upon re-evaluation of the forest fight scene: Where the **** did Optimus get those hooks?
He turns his swords into sickles.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 01:59 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Err, hooks. Apparently I was going for the alliteration. no expression

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:01 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Where the **** did Optimus get those hooks?
He also used them to cut free of the parachutes in Shanghai.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
is not a stationary target.
Bingo. wink

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:34 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote