KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY RPG - Episode 0 - Prologue

FIREFLY RPG - Episode 0 - Prologue
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

FIREFLY RPG - Episode I - Prologue

"After the Earth was used up, we found a new solar system and hundreds of new Earths were terra formed and colonized..."

RUBICON, 2514

There is only one thing of note that people remember when they think of Rubicon- the damned thing is uninhabited, and it is the only uninhabited planet in the Bai Hu system. The Alliance has always found this an embarrassment; the Bai Hu, or "White Star," system is the central system within the 'Verse and where the governmental seats of the Alliance can be found.

The fact is, Rubicon has just proved to be the most difficult. When the terraforming project was initiated, it was almost as if the planet itself was resistant to the changes being made. Everything took longer than it should have, and then everything was put on stand-by when the Unification War began and activity remained dormant until the War ended in 2511 with the Battle of Serenity Valley...

Now that things have resumed and Alliance funding has been pumped back into the project, Rubicon has been set up with a breathable atmosphere, but still things are not done. It is a barren and dusty rock of a planet that nobody cares to visit.

Except today. Today, the terraformers of Rubicon are receiving visitors. The star freighter Gan Ying, after a laborious journey, has reached Rubicon and is now hovering in orbit. In its cargo hold it carries supplies for the terraformers.

"Harmony, bring her around the planet," Kelly says, standing in the cockpit. "We'll set down in Eridu."

Eridu, as of now, is the only city on Rubicon and where all the terraforming operations are based out of. Gan Ying descends into the Eridu Spaceport, which is not much than a large open field of rocks. It sets down easily with Harmony at the controls.

"Alright," Kelly says, patting the back of Harmony's chair. He grabs the microphone for the ship's PA system and switches it on. "This is Captain Kelly speaking. I want the crew gathered in the mess for briefing. That means everyone."

--

Meanwhile, at the Eridu Spaceport's saloon, an announcement is made.

"Freighter Gan Ying now landing," the PA announces. "Those wishing to board should talk to... uh... Captain Kelly."

There are, in fact, only three people in the saloon. Christopher Jackson and Gabriel Thornby, who are both seeking passage off of Rubicon after being here for whatever reason they wish to establish, and another young man and terraformer that wants out, named Phil.

"About gorram time," Phil comments at the announcement. "Haven't had a ship hit Rubicon since the last shipment of supplies."

--

Welcome to the Firefly game! We begin on Rubicon, the sixth planet orbiting in the White Star, Bai Hu. Feel free to declare what you were doing before Gan Ying reached Rubicon... and for the Drifters, what were you doing on Rubicon?

Remember, have fun...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 10:29 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Kenneth is patching up Shaftoe when Gan Ying lands. "That was really stupid of you, just in case you weren't sure," he comments dryly, tightening the bandage on his patient's arm.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 10:38 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Nadra had been in her room when they approached the planet.

"Everyone. He asks for the crew, and then says everyone..." she comments to herself.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 10:42 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Marina will have been in her room, watching re-runs of some show that she procured, an old recording from Earth-That-Was. When Kelly calls for an assembly of the crew in the mess hall, she hops up from her seat in her room and heads there. She does not pay much attention to her surroundings until she gets there, having been on Gan Ying for over a year now and familiarized with it.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 10:47 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Rob
I Am Spartacus.

Christopher minded his own buisness and finished off his drink before paying the barkeep. He stood up when he heard the announcement and looked for the way towards the ship port. He hadn't exactly been waiting for a ride, but he was plenty bored of the planet by now, what with there not exactly being much to see. He had actually come to Rubicon on the aforementioned supply ship as a oneshot workman. They were a man short and he needed to get out of the area at the time due to a rather unpleasant encounter with some local cheapskates whom he found were ripping off the merchants in the area. He showed them what's what and all, and while they weren't dangerous he knew going to bed in the area afterwards wouldn't have been the wisest of choices. But alas, that was all behind him now, just like every other world he's been too.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 10:58 PM
Herr Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

"Yes, captain." Harmony said, disengaging the pulse drive and activating the ship's reaction thrusters. The entire hull shuddered for a moment as she changed from one engine to another, slowing the ship down from interplanetary speeds to those more suited for docking procedures. "Eridu Spaceport Tower, this is the freighter Gan Ying requesting permission to land, right on time."

Even once the boat is comfortably settled on the ground, Harmony takes a few seconds to tie up some loose ends: enable some standard security protocols, shut down the engines, and then double-check her work. Only then does she allow herself to slouch back in the chair, let out a sigh, and stretch her wrists. "Yes, captain." she says again, this time to the announcement; she gets up and walks from the cockpit to the mess, sticking near Kelly if she can. "Anything in particular this meeting will be about, sir?" She asks, with the same curiously Core speech she has been bandying about since the day she first set foot on the Gan Ying.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 12:45 AM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Yea well blades need sharpening... and its not my fault we hit atmo that gorram quickly..."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:45 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"The crew was informed before we got anywhere near the atmosphere. You really have no excuse."

Kenneth puts his instruments away before ushering Shaftoe out of his infirmary and heading up to see the captain.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:50 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Alan is in the engine room, tinkering with bits and pieces, making sure everything is where it should be and doing what it's suppose to do and what not. He jumps in surprise when the PA system goes off, having been so focused in his work he lost track of time.

"Why does he have to call everyone..." he mutters, dully, before scurrying off to the mess.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 04:05 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Just want to make sure nobody's at sea on this one, Harmony," Kelly says to you as you make your way out of the cockpit. "Want everyone up to speed about what business we'll be having. Could be I just like to superintend, right?"

The mess hall is a straight shot from the cockpit for Harmony, while the rest must climb up the ladder from the living quarters (or the medical bay for Shaftoe and Kenneth). The flashing lights and cold metal of the cockpit is a harsh contrast from the mess hall with its warm paint tones and wooden surfaces. Kelly strides in, letting Harmony pass him, and gestures for everyone to seat themselves at the long dining table, reminiscent of a wooden lunch-bunch.

"Everyone settled?" Kelly says, leaning against the doorway into the mess.

Kelly is not a big fellow, very lean in fact. He wears a double-breasted gray pea coat, with worn-in brown jeans, black military boots, and today a green buttoned shirt. When he doesn't need to, he avoids wearing gunbelts, but right now he's got holsters strapped under his arms, inside the coat.

"Alright. I want to go over what we're doing on Rubicon. First off, we're delivering cargo. Simple, that. After this chit-chat, I want the crew-folk to go open the hold and get those crates of terraforming chems ready to go. Foreman Kane is our contact, and he'll be writing the paycheck, so be nice to him when he shows up here to grab what's his. Then, we've got business with another Foreman, named Harlan. That... is a job of less reputable standing. Our honorable friend Foreman Harlan will tell us more when we get there, but we've already got ourselves a job."

Kelly strides into the mess, hooking his thumbs in his pockets.

"We've also got oncoming passengers. I'll head up relations. Kenneth, Harmony, if you could join me on that, please. Might need to talk tech with 'em, Harm, and Ken, going to want to show off our shiny Alliance doctor to make 'em feel safe, whoever these poor bastards are.

"Everyone else, to Harlan's. I'll even let you take a Samson into town, just leave the guns. Shaftoe, you'll head this up. Nadra, I want you there too, if you don't mind; I know you're not crew, but Harlan might be a wee bit more favorable to higher pay with your presence."

--

Rubicon was a good choice for a temporary getaway, Christopher. Nobody comes here if they don't need to, especially not in Alliance territory. Frankly, you could not find a planet more boring than Rubicon. Now that the injured worker is back on, it's time for you to move.

"What were you up to on Rubicon, sir?" Phil asks, bothering you once again. "Going out with this ship, are ya?"

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 20th, 2009 at 09:17 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 09:15 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

"Less reputable? Does that involve getting shot at?" asked Vash sitting down at one of the seats and fiddeling with a little pen he had.

"If yes, we better be in for a good profit"

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 11:38 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Not THAT less reputable," Kelly says.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 11:42 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Marina's eyes shift to Shaftoe when Kelly announces that he will be in charge of relations with this Foreman Harlan. She winces slightly, unnerved by the old soldier despite having fought on the same side of the war as he.

"Nevertheless," Marina says, "are we going in hot, Captain?"

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 11:56 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Harmony nods, managing to keep a her constant amusement at the way the Captain- and everyone else on the border and rim planets, for that matter- speaks. "Of course, Captain." She says, before they enter the mess, stepping in first as he gestures to her. Once inside, she takes a seat, turned back to face the Captain. Her eyes seem to be hovering on those gun holsters as if they make her a little nervous. She can't help but fidget a little in her seat, twirling the tip of her braided ponytail between her fingers.

"It's Harmony, sir." She corrects, automatically, lifting her eyes to the Captain's as he uses a nickname for her. "Not 'Harm'. And yes, sir; I'll make sure our passengers are comfortable."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 01:12 PM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Alan seats himself near the far end of the table. As usual his eyes dart around the room while at the same time trying to avoid eye contact with anyone else.

"D-Do we have Harlan's address... or are we needing to ask around town?" Alan asks, turning his gaze to the Captain.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 01:48 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Gabriel sat somewhat down the bar from Christopher when the announcement was played. He thought back at the time a few weeks ago he arrived at this place. Of course he knew there wasn't much interesting here, but curiosity had brought him to check it out regardless. He had been doing a few odd jobs during the time, but was glad at the opportunity to leave. After a few seconds he finished off his drink, paid and got up to follow the others. He hoped that Captain Kelly would have space for him, he didn't look forward to staying here had he not.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:17 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Kenneth nods simply at the Captain's order, straightening his clothes a bit. "Good to know I'm worth being... shown off."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:59 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Flash around the Companion to make the ship seem more respectable and get more pay? Of course. Not that I can disagree with that tactic, it always seems to work..." Nadra comments. "However, I do hope that this place isn't terribly disreputable. Being in the middle of a fight that I did nothing to cause is not my idea of fun."

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 05:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Of course, you wouldn't do ANYTHING to cause a fight there, Nadra... Although could be that folks just plain don't like you sometimes..."

"Cap, no guns, I get it, Can I bring the blade?"

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 07:26 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Sorry, Harmony," Kelly says. He has a tendency to shorten names if he can- except with Shaftoe, he never tries it. "And good. If you could conveniently forget to mention anything less-than-great about the ship, that would be dandy.

"Foreman Harlan did give us his address, Alan. I'll give it to you once we head out. As for guns... take the bare minimum. Nothing obvious. Sword's fine, Shaftoe."

--

A hope that you think you can deem reasonable, Gabriel. You can see Gan Ying through a saloon window- an impressively sized craft, vaguely resembling an old boat from Earth-That-Was. The thrusters are still cooling, and some people seem to be venturing out toward it. Your imperssive Observation pool allows you to determine by means of dress that the man at the head of these people is one of the local Foremen.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 08:35 PM