KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » FIREFLY RPG - Episode 0 - Prologue

FIREFLY RPG - Episode 0 - Prologue
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Herr Rob
I Am Spartacus.

(( Hey Rex, how exactly will I give my character a personalized weapon? He has gunslinger, so yeah, he should have his own "Vera" so to speak right? How do the rules for that work? ))

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 11:39 PM
Herr Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Kenneth will carry:

Light Revolver = 1 - from armory
Knife = 1
12 Tiny Clips = 6 - from armory (Unless I can replicate Hawk's old trick and carry 13 under Encumbrance)

For a final Encumbrance of 8.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 01:03 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thraxis88

Harmony goes unarmed at all times, except when ordered to carry a weapon specifically by the Captain. Then, and only then, she carries a Light Revolver and two reloads.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 01:24 AM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

For Toki:

1 Light Revolver from the Armory
1 Nunchaku
4 tiny clips

Encumbrance= 5

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 01:45 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Out of curiosity, since I'd kinda need to know this to choose...

quote:
If you have Money to spend, one point will buy you a customized weapon- for example, Shaftoe's modified heavy revolver, or something ranged for Nadra that does not break the Companion rule against firearms.

What rule would that be, exactly?

Nadra carries a slender dagger on her, though, that is kept hidden, tucked away in a sash. So that's an encumbrance of 1.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:01 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach

Nadra carries a slender dagger on her, though, that is kept hidden, tucked away in a sash. So that's an encumbrance of 1.

Would that sash be in her cleavage?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:05 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Would that sash be in her cleavage?

SHE IS NOT HIDING HER KNIFE IN HER BOOBS.

stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:06 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

SHE IS NOT HIDING HER KNIFE IN HER BOOBS.

stick out tongue

SHE SHOULD.

stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:07 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by General Kaliero
SHE SHOULD.

stick out tongue

Well, too bad stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 03:08 AM
Thraxis88

(Companions aren't so much forbidden to carry weapons as they are simply not supposed to- it's a sign of mistrust; that the Companion doesn't feel safe around her clients, and that they shouldn't feel safe around her. This is discussed in the Serenity RPG rulebook.)

Well, too bad stick out tongue
(Aww, damn... You sure?)

Last edited by Thraxis88 on Jul 24th, 2009 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 05:08 AM
Thraxis88 is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis88 a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, I'd say something like this is not a circumstance like that stick out tongue

Also, guys? Let me inform you of something here. Cleavage is basically never a comfortable place to store things. Nor terribly convenient a place, either. I have boobs. Trust me on this one. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 05:38 AM
REXXXX
Networking

As the resident Companion is not with a client, then she can be armed with more than the slender dagger, if she so chooses.

Rob, the way that is determined is that you designate a type of weapon you are fond of, rather than a specific weapon (for the sake of the system). I did not state that explicitly in the rules, and is one of the tweaks I need to make. So Rob could be a Gunslinger with Heavy Pistols or Assault Rifles or whatnot.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:20 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, then, Nadra will borrow a light revolver from the armory (not being the sort to use firearms enough to own one of her own), along with two extra clips, bringing her total encumbrance with the knife to three.

Last edited by Peach on Jul 24th, 2009 at 06:44 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:35 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

I don't think Kenneth or Harmony needs guns right now since they're doing the meet-and-greet.

Light Revolver for Marina, with 6 tiny clips. She would prefer a rifle due to her history has a sniper for the Browncoats... but this will have to do.

Could Marina spend her single Money point on a rifle, Jordan? Maybe save it for later? She'd increase the Accuracy of it.

Nice trick.

Last edited by Vera21 on Jul 24th, 2009 at 06:48 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:41 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Toki isn't one for guns either, he'll use the MA weapons, mainly the nunchaku, but no love for knives, katars or hook swords at all.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:52 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

So Toki would be more into the melee weapons that bludgeon rather than stab? stick out tongue

I'm also guessing there's a limit to how much you can increase stuff, right? I expect this to be put in the Main Rules, mister.

Nice trick.

Last edited by Vera21 on Jul 24th, 2009 at 07:14 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:02 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Yeah he's a peaceful person at heart, and he hates taking lives and he can beat you unconscious with a bludgeoning weapon but he'll have to stab, impale or cut them to put them down although he wouldn't mind using a sword or spear. He only uses guns because he knows wars aren't won with fists and you can't punch someone 50 ft away. No killing, he wants you to remember the beating you received and herald his rage lol laughing

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:16 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Oh, Marina is just the opposite. She takes pride in her marksmanship and her ability to take people out from a great distance without them ever seeing it coming. Death to those who oppose her!

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:21 AM
Craft
CTE

Alan will be carrying a Machine Pistol (Medium) with x2 (Tiny) clips as his ranged weapon and, as always, his "Trusty Old Pipe Wrench" (Large) as melee for an encumbrance of 7.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:58 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Ah, another bludgeoner...

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 08:46 AM