KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » "If you strike me down...

"If you strike me down...
Started by: Jaeh.is.Awesome

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

He did that before he died as well. I think that happened after anakin was lonely and vulnerable from his relationship with padme in episode 2.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Free Man
He did that before he died as well. I think that happened after anakin was lonely and vulnerable from his relationship with padme in episode 2.

you can kind of tell. the scene where he's on tatooine you can sense the sexual tension as anakin's been away from Obi-Wan for so long...he just gets really angsty.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 08:00 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

*facepalm* oh hell..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 11:23 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

wha'? is there a problem... stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 04:17 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The people saying that Obi-Wan is one with the Force, the ultimate power in the Galaxy, pretty much have it spot on. Obi-Wan may not have become a god and destroyed Vader after death, but existing beyond the grave and being one with a powerful energy field is pretty damn impressive for Force-users. You have to remember that it was meant to be a rare trick.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 11:58 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Wasn't it something that required years of skill to achieve? Yoda mentioned it at the end of RotS about Qui-Gon "learning" and being able to teach Obi-Wan...

What I don't get is how Anakin became a force ghost when he had no apparent training - as he seemed too young - and then went straight into Sithhood...weird. Not sure if Sith teach about how to achieve force ghost status

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 09:28 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
so that's what he meant? only that he'll become more powerful by training Luke so he can stop Vader?

...that doesn't make him powerful at all. What if Luke... well, failed?

and I thought Jedi don't care about power. Was he trying to discourage vader from killing him? what was the point of the line?

is he just like, pulling quotes from the air?

I think he probably trained Luke when he was even sleeping. How else to show how Luke got to display such skill within a few years?
They do talk about those audio books that can instruct your unconscious, sleeping mind...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 03:12 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote