KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane vs Sidious

Which wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bane 9 32.14%
Sidious 19 67.86%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bane vs Sidious
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

Ok i double checked it was chilled monkey

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

[=12075481] by Incanus
And what about Bane holding back an ECHANI jedi weapons master fighting Jar'Kai, which he can not effectivly counter, and another jedi master, and jedi knight, and all that after barely using a lightsaber after 20 YEARS. Bane is also like fighting a force of nature, he is incredibly strong in both the force and physically. He is also technically a perfect being. And no its not a feat to be the Sith'ari. [/QUOTE]

So he killed a featless echani weapons master, Revan beat the best featless echani warrior of his time in H2H combat. we cannot compare how good either echani was because we have no feats to go with them. Also the gap between POD and ROT i think is 10 years not 20.

Now sidious killed 3 jedi master in under 60 seconds all of which had their lightsaber drawn and ready for such an attack. and sidious hasn't used his lightsaber in 20+ years.

that>besting a featless echani weapon master.

and all of the feats bane has compared to all of the feats sidious has all comes down to absolutley nothing when multiple CANON sources state that sidious is the most powerful, Sith to have ever lived, and is more than likely the second most powerful being that ever lived in the univers next to luke.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:31 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Actually Sidious had used his lightsaber in that 20 year span, and the i htink 1 feat is listed, maybe 2, i will say the one i remember: And Farfalla remembered how she cut swaths through the lines of the Sith' Her blades seemed to be everywhere' and she was accurated enough to hit a small junction of maybe 1 cm or 2 mm posibly with a lightsaber. And she mastered every single form of lightsaber combat. ever.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 06:51 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

What an excellent thread idea! This is an extremely interesting question that has never been asked or debated before in any other thread!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I hope your being sarcastic............

Isil

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 07:15 PM
xxxpoppunker182

[=12075804] by Incanus
Actually Sidious had used his lightsaber in that 20 year span, and the i htink 1 feat is listed, maybe 2, i will say the one i remember: And Farfalla remembered how she cut swaths through the lines of the Sith' Her blades seemed to be everywhere' and she was accurated enough to hit a small junction of maybe 1 cm or 2 mm posibly with a lightsaber. And she mastered every single form of lightsaber . ever. [/QUOTE]

When did sidous use it? Ya in training maul he did but bane did the same with zannah. other than that though he didn't use his lightsaber at all.

GL himself stated the PT was the golden era of the jedi in Lightsaber combat so those masters (according to cannon) > the ones bane fought.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 08:08 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sidious wins.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 09:12 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
and all of the feats bane has compared to all of the feats sidious has all comes down to absolutley nothing when multiple CANON sources state that sidious is the most powerful, Sith to have ever lived, and is more than likely the second most powerful being that ever lived in the univers next to luke.

True enough, but being more powerful doesn't always guarantee victory.

Just saying.

GL himself stated the PT was the golden era of the jedi in Lightsaber combat so those masters (according to cannon) > the ones bane fought.

Yeah but he only meant that "the PT was the golden era of the jedi in Lightsaber combat" compared to the OT (in which the only Jedi present are an elderly man, a cyborg and a rookie). Basically he said that to explain why the lightsabre fighting in the PT was so different to that in the OT (from an is-story perspective).

GL himself has stated that he doesn't read the books, comics etc.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:14 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I read somewhere else Sidious used his lightsaber to kill some things i cant remember what though............. somewhere in these very forums............

Isil

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:17 PM
Lightsnake

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

Originally posted by chilled monkey

Just saying.

It helps a lot

quote:

Yeah but he only meant that "the PT was the golden era of the jedi in Lightsaber combat" compared to the OT (in which the only Jedi present are an elderly man, a cyborg and a rookie). Basically he said that to explain why the lightsabre fighting in the PT was so different to that in the OT (from an is-story perspective).

GL himself has stated that he doesn't read the books, comics etc.

Doesn't matter. GL's word is still canonical to everything

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

Originally posted by Lightsnake
It helps a lot

Not denying that. I'm simply pointing out that it isn't an absolute guarantee of victory.

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Doesn't matter. GL's word is still canonical to everything

Read between the lines. When GL is only talking about the movies, his word doesn't take into account EU characters.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:10 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Read between the lines. When GL is only talking about the movies, his word doesn't take into account EU characters.

Wrong. It encompasses everything. Let's saying in the EU contradicts what GL said or had in mind. That means it's wrong. GL is inconsistent and a walking contradiction, but his word is absolute and final.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Wait, IS Bane an EU character? i mean, he cant be because Sidious was part of Banes order so.......... WHA???????????

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:17 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

by chilled monkey

You do have a good point and even though on paper sids>bane as of feats and power there are still certain SCENARIOS that bane COULD beat sids but in a neutral setting there is nothing bane can do against the most powerful of sith lords darth sidious second most powerful being in that the galaxy has ever seen.

Originally posted by Incanus
Wait, IS Bane an EU character? i mean, he cant be because Sidious was part of Banes order so.......... WHA???????????

Bane is an EU character who cares if Sids is part of his rule of 2. And GL invented bane when he wrote the story for the pt. but bane is still an eu character.

an EU character is someone who was invented outside of the movies. Like quin vos he is an EU character based off of a random guy in ep1 even though he is in ep1 he is still an eu character.

Last edited by xxxpoppunker182 on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:59 AM
Incanus
Istari

Ok, thnx for clarifying........

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 01:00 AM
chilled monkey

You do have a good point and even though on paper sids>bane as of feats and power there are still certain SCENARIOS that bane COULD beat sids but in a neutral setting there is nothing bane can do against the most powerful of sith lords darth sidious second most powerful being in that the galaxy has ever seen.

You said it perfectly.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 01:11 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

The hell? And what scenarios would those be?

quote:
Bane is an EU character who cares if Sids is part of his rule of 2. And GL invented bane when he wrote the story for the pt. but bane is still an eu character.

an EU character is someone who was invented outside of the movies. Like quin vos he is an EU character based off of a random guy in ep1 even though he is in ep1 he is still an eu character.

Actually Bane is part of the Order of the Sith Lords/Rule of 2 and there are numerous sources saying that as of TPM, Sidious is the most powerful of Bane's order, including Bane.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

I just remembered the one thing about Banes order: Every apprentice must become stronger than the master. So since him they have gotten steadily stronger. So i guess yeah, Sidious is stronger than Bane. What i want to know, in lightsaber and force combat, who would win. In lightsaber combat, no force feats may be applied. In force, no lightsaber feats may be applied. In all out any. World killers cant at all though, because they are on a world so Sidious would kill himself.......

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:17 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Incanus
I just remembered the one thing about Banes order: Every apprentice must become stronger than the master. So since him they have gotten steadily stronger. So i guess yeah, Sidious is stronger than Bane. What i want to know, in lightsaber and force combat, who would win. In lightsaber combat, no force feats may be applied. In force, no lightsaber feats may be applied. In all out any. World killers cant at all though, because they are on a world so Sidious would kill himself.......

Not this again. Why do people misinterpret this rule for "sidious must be miles ahead of bane because every apprentice must be stronger than the master and it's been a thousand years since Bane started the sith order!!"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:18 AM
Incanus
Istari

Well, every apprentice must be stronger than the master, and so as time passes they would have to find more powerful people.... but not miles, he would probably be only a little bit ahead of him. Bane would give Sidious the fight of his life. Possibly kill him, thats up to debate.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:22 AM