KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane vs Sidious

Which wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bane 9 32.14%
Sidious 19 67.86%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bane vs Sidious
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Bane's Order actually made becoming more powerful than the master a moot point. One only needed to kill them in their sleep to take the mantle, it didn't necessarily require combat and overwhelming power.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Well, i think Sidious may still be weaker than Plageuis because of that, as most apprentices most likely confronted their masters.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
Well, i think Sidious may still be weaker than Plageuis because of that, as most apprentices most likely confronted their masters.
Gideon did a marvelous job at proving Sidious (especially his DE self) as the most powerful Sith in Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Well, no one knows how powerful PLageuis is, but can Sidious create life? Plageuis is rumored (emphasis on rumoured i do not know for certain) to have created Anakin. As Anakin had no father, it does make a very small bit of sense. Sure, Palpatine could make that wormhole thingy (source for that anyways?) and Plageuis creates life by being able to influence midi-chlorians, hence why Anakin had more than Yoda, he was created by Plageuis as a pure creation of the Force.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:46 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Well, no one knows how powerful PLageuis is, but can Sidious create life? Plageuis is rumored (emphasis on rumoured i do not know for certain) to have created Anakin. As Anakin had no father, it does make a very small bit of sense. Sure, Palpatine could make that wormhole thingy (source for that anyways?) and Plageuis creates life by being able to influence midi-chlorians, hence why Anakin had more than Yoda, he was created by Plageuis as a pure creation of the Force.
Yes. But what's your point?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:50 AM
Incanus
Istari

Plageuis may be slightly more powerful. No one knows about Plageuis at all. Only how he died.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:58 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bane vs Sidious

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
The hell? And what scenarios would those be?

Well for example look at tpm obi-wan vs maul in all hinestly maul an paper>tpm obi but obi wan in that scenario won.

something that we cannot gauge in hypothetical situations are mistakes and luck. For example I could fight a black belt in Judo 10 times and lose all 10 times but say i fight him 100 times and for some reason that time i get one lucky shot when he messes up and that causes me to win.

I'm just saying there is never an absolute definitive this person ALWAYS wins against this person.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:21 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Plageuis may be slightly more powerful. No one knows about Plageuis at all. Only how he died.

He can't be more powerful when multiple scources say that palpatine>every other sith who ever lived......

sorry for the double post

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:21 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Can some1 plz give those sources? i havnt read them, and where did it say he can create a WORMHOLE??????

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:23 AM
xxxpoppunker182

by Incanus
Can some1 plz give those sources? i havnt read them, and where did it say he can create a WORMHOLE??????

About 90% if not every piece of literature that sidious is in.......

the wormhole thing i believe was in the DE comics

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:25 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Dark Empire comic books, published by Dark Horse Comics sometime in the mid 90s. Palaptine comes back like 6-7 years after Return of the Jedi in a clone body he had secretly prepared on a planet in the Deep Core. He amasses a huge fleet including several Star Destroyers with Death Star-style superlasers in them, turns Luke to the Dark Side, takes back a large portion of lost Imperial territory, and can summon a giant wormhole in space which obliterated an entire New Republic fleet of thousands of ships.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:26 AM
Incanus
Istari

And those are considered canon? HOW THE HELL CAN HE DO THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:31 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because he is more powerful than bane and yes, it is canon.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:35 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn LL, you have never ending patience.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And those are considered canon? HOW THE HELL CAN HE DO THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Apparently it's a horribly drawn and filled with terrible dialogue, but it's C-canon. To Lucas, none of the EU ever really happened, but for the fan's sake he allows us to have this.

Oh and he's killed when Luke, Leia, and Anakin combine their Light Sided goodness to send Palpatine's wormhole (he had previously admitted that even he couldn't control it) out of whack and it killed him when it destroyed his superlaser-firing Eclipse and his secret planet, Byss. He would return a short while later in another clone and do his whole "evil" thing. This one was killed when Han shot him in the back, and as his spirit was trying to possess the unborn Anakin's body, a cyborg Jedi form the Clone Wars, Empatjayos Brand, sacrificed himself to drag Palpatine's spirit in to the "Force Underworld" forever.

Horrible story which ruined the Chosen One prophecy and only served to remind us all that, even as Lucas demonstrated unoriginality with a 2nd Death Star, so do authors who are trying to capitalize on Star Wars' success.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:40 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Damn LL, you have never ending patience.
It's a virtue.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:41 AM
Incanus
Istari

Wait, he you cant apply the wormhole in single combat then. That would be face to face, and if he cant control it, then he is screwed if he uses it, he would kill himself, and then there would be no winner.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:43 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wait, he you cant apply the wormhole in single combat then. That would be face to face, and if he cant control it, then he is screwed if he uses it, he would kill himself, and then there would be no winner.
Essentially yes, but the ability to manifest such an unimaginably destructive technique at his own will (unlike Nihilus' Drain which is a result of animalistic instinct) is indicative of tremendous knowledge, power, and Force reserves. Apparently his Force Lightning seared the armor and flesh right off a group of Stormtrooper's bones.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:48 AM
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, i can believe that with no knowledge of the source or anything. Could Sidious produce millions of volts 2? i bet he can but just want to make sure. I know Banes lightning is like that, but unless we have Bane vs 1,000,000 stormtroopers thread, we will never know. No im not gonna make that thread, Bane would own their asses.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:50 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, i can believe that with no knowledge of the source or anything. Could Sidious produce millions of volts 2? i bet he can but just want to make sure. I know Banes lightning is like that, but unless we have Bane vs 1,000,000 stormtroopers thread, we will never know. No im not gonna make that thread, Bane would own their asses.
I don't know if Papatine's Lightning is ever measured. Drew Karpyshyn definitely isn't one of my favorite Star Wars authors; the guy has a thing for statistics that really detracts from the literary flow of the story.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 04:56 AM