KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane vs Sidious

Which wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bane 9 32.14%
Sidious 19 67.86%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bane vs Sidious
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

What, you think he overpowered Bane? Bane would have to be very powerful not only because he was the Sith'ari, but because he is, he was ment to destroy the Sith and rebuild them to be even stronger. He would have to be very strong if he was gooing to do that.....

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

sideous wins. this has been done before with the same result.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
What, you think he overpowered Bane? Bane would have to be very powerful not only because he was the Sith'ari, but because he is, he was ment to destroy the Sith and rebuild them to be even stronger. He would have to be very strong if he was gooing to do that.....
I've got nothing against his power. In truth, if I had the power to rewrite Star Wars as I see fit, every successive generation of Sith and Jedi would get steadily weaker and weaker until we reach Anakin fulfilling the prophecy, but hey that's just me.

The problem I had was Karpy's writing style. Reading the novel, I felt that it was written purely to placate the fans who love lots of Force powers and lightsabers, and tediously baseline backstabbings and schemes. It all felt a bit forced and maladroit. Now compare the Bane novels to Cloak of Deception or the Revenge of the Sith novel... hmm mm! They're pure literary gold by comparison.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

It has? I mean, i know Sidious has an almost certantty of victory, but he could be suprised to see the man who made his order. Maybe even respect him or something, because i think we can all agree Bane is no pushover.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Again. Shock and awe at the time travel factor, just isn't a factor.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Look, I know im losing this, but Sidious is NOT all powerful, or he wouldnt have been killed by a blaster shot in the back by Han, he ould have stopped it somehow. Bane obviously has a small chance of victory, in every vs thread both have a chance of victory. But i think we should wait for a more developed Bane character before we make any solid conclusions. Right now we have 3 books, and a comic i think. Another is coming out, and maybe more.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:27 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Look, I know im losing this, but Sidious is NOT all powerful, or he wouldnt have been killed by a blaster shot in the back by Han, he ould have stopped it somehow. Bane obviously has a small chance of victory, in every vs thread both have a chance of victory. But i think we should wait for a more developed Bane character before we make any solid conclusions. Right now we have 3 books, and a comic i think. Another is coming out, and maybe more.

Sids isn't all powerful no one is all powerful in SW with the exception of one thing which is the force itself.BUT sids is second ONLY to Luke end of story.

the blaster shot didn't kill sidious at all it was the jedi cyborg friend of luke and all the jedi that whent before them that took sids out.

and lets say more is developed on bane to the point where he is uber awesome in the end Sids>bane ALWAYS its CANON now stop being a fanboy.

Last edited by xxxpoppunker182 on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 05:34 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:32 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Dude, canon can change, anything can. If Lucas changes his mind and wants Bandon to be the strongest sith ever then it is. I just have NOT READ ANY MATERIAL THAT WOULD SUGGEST SIDIOUS IS LIKE THAT. I have only read the Bane books, but have been looking for some time, about a year, for stuff like what you are saying.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:35 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

heh. noob considers himself a canon expert.

G cannon. George lucas himself said it. Which means until someone say something else, Darth Sideous is the most powerful sith in the universe.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:37 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Dude, canon can change, anything can. If Lucas changes his mind and wants Bandon to be the strongest sith ever then it is. I just have NOT READ ANY MATERIAL THAT WOULD SUGGEST SIDIOUS IS LIKE THAT. I have only read the Bane books, but have been looking for some time, about a year, for stuff like what you are saying.

Canon can change but guess what it Sids being the most powerful sith will NEVER be retconned and Bane will NEVER be the most powerful sith Ever.

Here is a thought for you though who do you think is BETTER than bane? like who in your opinion can kill bane.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:38 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Ok then. Sidious kills Bane, but with considerable effort. Im ok with that dude, im just trying to see if there are some things i may be reminded of that would kill Sidious, but I got nothing.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:38 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
heh. noob considers himself a canon expert.

G cannon. George lucas himself said it. Which means until someone say something else, Darth Sideous is the most powerful sith in the universe.

the only way for G canon to be retconned is if GL himself or Leeland chee says so.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:39 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Ok then. Sidious kills Bane, but with considerable effort. Im ok with that dude, im just trying to see if there are some things i may be reminded of that would kill Sidious, but I got nothing.

sidious kills bane with little effort.

again guys sorry for the double post

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:39 AM
Incanus
Istari

Wait, so one of the most powerful sith lords in history, and the most powerful, Bane is killed with little effort? Every one knows that Bane is well versed in lightning, Sidious wont pull that on alot. Sidious cant use a wormhole on Bane, because then they would both die. It would take alot of effort dude, Sidious would always have a hard time killing him. No argument. And anyways i lost but there is the odd chance that Bane wins. Out of say, 100 fights, i would say Bane would win at least 1 through an odd mishap. But there would be effort, dude, lots of it.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:42 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

DE Sidious will do Bane in. Not "easily", but it won't be challengiung enough for Palpatine to contemplate the possibility he may lose. Or break a sweat.

1/100, sure. But that's 99% odds stacked against him.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:43 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Wait, so one of the most powerful sith lords in history, and the most powerful, Bane is killed with little effort? Every one knows that Bane is well versed in lightning, Sidious wont pull that on alot. Sidious cant use a wormhole on Bane, because then they would both die. It would take alot of effort dude, Sidious would always have a hard time killing him. No argument. And anyways i lost but there is the odd chance that Bane wins. Out of say, 100 fights, i would say Bane would win at least 1 through an odd mishap. But there would be effort, dude, lots of it.

nope. Bane may be one of the greats but sids in all his power is just THAT much more powerful than Bane so is yoda and caedous and Luke and cade. Possibly ragnos as well but ragnos is my opinion.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:45 AM
Incanus
Istari

Ragnos IS more powerful than Bane, at least in force lightning. But Yoda has a 50/50 chance with Bane, as both are like, uber jedi/sith. Caedus has practiacally nothing i am aware of that would give him the win, so can you state some combat feats? And Luke is a force god, he cant die except from old age because the ppl at lucasarts thought it would be great to make a guy that pwnz all and can destroy the galaxy when he perverted the jedi order. Ragnos covered an entire PLANET in his froce lightning from orbit. I heard it from a friend who reads a whole bunch of stuff and probably saw it in a comic/book.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:48 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Ragnos IS more powerful than Bane, at least in force lightning. But Yoda has a 50/50 chance with Bane, as both are like, uber jedi/sith. Caedus has practiacally nothing i am aware of that would give him the win, so can you state some combat feats? And Luke is a force god, he cant die except from old age because the ppl at lucasarts thought it would be great to make a guy that pwnz all and can destroy the galaxy when he perverted the jedi order. Ragnos covered an entire PLANET in his froce lightning from orbit. I heard it from a friend who reads a whole bunch of stuff and probably saw it in a comic/book.
What? Where is this Lightning covered planet coming from? The guy's got less sources on his feats and abilitites than Revan or the Exile.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:49 AM
xxxpoppunker182

YOur friend lied to you about ragnos the ONLY time you see him is when he is dead. he has NEVER been shown using lightning you know NOTHING about ragnos

Yoda is the most devastating foe the darkside has ever known. if you watch ep3 he beats sids in the lightsaber fight. but all this is for a different time

and i'm fairly sure I know how luke will die after reading OMEN. I highly doubt its of old age.

as for caedous read his wookieepedia entry

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:53 AM
Incanus
Istari

Ok, i did a while back but i can not think of any truly exceptional feats. Bane fought an echani jedi battlemaster, a jedi master, AND a jedi knight, to a standstill while they were empowered by a jedi masters years-of-perfecting battle meditation.

Isil

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 05:57 AM