KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » ARTIFACT SABRE DUEL- Fire vs. Captain Rex

ARTIFACT SABRE DUEL- Fire vs. Captain Rex
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

ARTIFACT SABRE DUEL- Fire vs. Captain Rex

THE SET-UP: The Dark Siders have risked all by coming to Malastare to get the Artifact of the story- the last remaining Sith Astrolabe, a navigational device vital for using the maps they retrieved from Avalar in the first story, so that they may find their target, the Mausoleum of Demnos. The Astrolabe is held by rich businessman Kir Ascar. Under orders from Kuylen only to use force in the last resort, the Dark Siders have little success bargaining for it. The Jedi, tipped off by the Supreme Chancellor as to the Dark Sider's whereabouts, discover their plan and, beleiving the Dark Siders to already have the location, race to get the astrolabe themsevles to pursue them. An amused Ascar creates a situation where he promises the astrolabe to both sids if they will win a pod race (for the details of which, see the pod racing thread).

As it is, the Jedi win, and come to colllect their prize. The Dark Siders activate their emergency plan, their alliance with the Order of Miramar, dangerous assassins from beyond the Rim. They assail the Jedi but the Jedi fight their way to the bottom of Ascar's building with the artifact. There, it seems that Ascar's bodyguard Persis is more than just a hunk, with a sabre and force-powers of his own, and a small army that wishses neither side to have the astrolabe. As Ascar makes his escape, a three way fight breaks out between the Jedi (backed by the police), the Dark Siders (backed by the Miramar) and Persis (backed by his secuirty force). The fight is large and disorientating, fought in smoke and dust and fire.

And in that fight, Master Marcus, recently attached to the group as their seperate investigations interlinked, interposes himself between Gundark, busy with Chion, and violent hitman of Kuylen's, Galder, who has fought Jedi before, but not this one, moves to the attack...

HOW THIS WORKS: Well, we all know the drill now. Here is a reminder.

The duellists take it in turns to attack each other. The attacker describes his attack and then the defender describes his defence. One person will succeed- a decision I make based on the skill of the fighters, the quality and appropriateness of their post, and a small random factor.

The winner of the round scores a point, and then the attacker and defender swap places. Aside from taunts, no other moves can be made except the single move or countermove you make each round! If drawn, the attacker wins

First to five points wins the duel, but like in tennis you must win by two clear points. The amount of points by which you win a duel is how dictates what happens to the loser- a two point loss is a superficial wound, more is losing a limb, a five point win kills your opponent outright. Regardless, you cannot pursue a defeated opponent no matter what; if you lose a duel (and survive) you can always escape.

At the start of any round, either combatant may try to flee.

ANALYSIS:

Nicely imbalanced. Marcus, like Gundark, is of great skill with the blade but rather old for this sort of thing. Galder is certainly stronger and a little faster. Just as dextrous, but easily outplayed by Marcus' skill. Boht combatants will have to try and play to their strengths and avoid their weaknesses. It is evens.

Galder is counted as the attacker and so goes first.

Score:

Galder- 0 Marcus- 0

Galder to attack.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 11th, 2003 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 02:24 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

(I like how you put it: imbalanced)

Galder puts away the repeater he had been firing at Master Gundark before Master Marcus intervened. Calling his lightsabers to his hands from his belt, he holds them in an X shape and ignites them, the blades forming a sparkling red and blue X.

"I am not afraid of you, Jedi," Galder says simply, and charges.

Galder dashes up to Marcus and does a hard sideways slam with his sabers, aiming for Marcus' head and torso.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 12:18 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Ok talking isn't gonna help with this one!
as I see what he is planning to do, I get ready and when his left blade comes in , I bring my sabre down to block the strike, while I am blocking the strike I use my bodyweight to push his arm back and I start spinning back so that in the end we would be in a 90 degree angel

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 01:09 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Marcus' swordplay astounds you, Galder. With one sabre blocked you feel confident about the other, but your target is simply not there when it strikes, he has spun to your side! You are exposed!

Score:

Galder- 0 Marcus- 1

Marcus to attack.

(NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS! The current fighting is time-limited by several factors. I have decided that all fights will end after TWO are decided by victory. Once two fights are won, the other fights end as draws regardless of position)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 11th, 2003 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 03:48 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

(so if we stall we don't have to fight)
Be mindful of that second sabre
I use my free hand to do a force push to keep his unblocked sabre a way, meanwhile I release the block on his other sabre, take a duck so that if his arm and sabre would fly forward I won't lose my head, and while I duck I aim for his undefended flank

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 03:59 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope, as I am synchronising the fights by rounds, so I will try and do all the updates for fights at the same time. So anyone who stalls will simply be yelled at by all the others he is holding up!

BtVS

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 05:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder swings the now unlocked saber down to meet Marcus' and then jumps away to plan his next attack.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 11:38 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Galder is fast, Marcus. He is able to re-position his sabre with great speed and adeptness, and now standing over you his hieght advantage easily repels your attack. After his jump back he is quickly ready to strike again at you...

Galder- 1 Marcus- 1

Galder to attack.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 01:39 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder does his signature move. He dashes towards Marcus with the Force making him faster, and then spins in a circle and twirls both lightsabers, making him a blur with bars of spinning light around him.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 09:32 PM
Fire

(nice move)

[Seeing this move requires Galder lil' room for adaptation of motion (going that fast and doing a pretty complex move) I think the best is to use a big force push to atleast break off his attack rather then blocking]

In a blink of an eye I see there is no point in trying to block or confront this move, so I use my two hands to work on the biggest force push I have ever hoped to do directed right at Galder
This should atleast slow him down if it doesn't break his attack
After I have done the Force push, no matter wether or not it works, I roll backwards as fast as I can keeping my sabre aimed towards Galder

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 07:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Push IS good and breaks Galder out of his stride, but after you roll back, Galder is on you still faster and you must respond under great pressure...

Round drawn- goes to attacker.

Score:
Galder- 2 Marcus- 1

Marcus to attack.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 09:09 PM
Fire

I jump back, trying to refind my focus, When I am ready to attack, I start twirling my sabre in an 8-shape. suddenly I charge forward looking like I am going straigth at the middle (sabre held horizontaly in front of me, like a full body stab) when I am about 4 feet away from Galder I make a bootleg move as if I am going to jump to the right when I actualy make a side flip to my left to avoid his right sabre, after the flip I hold my sword to my right and I make a spin facing Galder, now that his two swords have to come from the same side I should be able to block them if not hit him

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 09:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

(How come it takes me so long to figure out what exactly you are doing?)

Galder twists to meet Marcus' saber and parries them aside, and then does a backflip away from the Jedi Master.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 05:02 AM
Fire

(lol it is a hard one to describe)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 06:31 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It was a tad long, Fire!

Marcus moves with an athelticism that has not been required of him for a while. Galder's sabre flashes in desperate blocks, ssensing feints and countering them just in time... then he must turn and face a member of Persis' security team blazing fire towards his back, and Marcus pushes forwards... Galder must now counter fast.
Round drawn- goes to attacker.

Score:
Galder- 2 Marcus- 2

Galder to attack.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 14th, 2003 11:47 PM
Fire

(hey there are no rules about how long it can be I think, well I always describe moves very big adds to the flavour besides that this is a nice fight)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2003 01:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

(True, true...)

Galder uses the Force to flip over and behind the security guard. He stabs his red saber through the man's head, and then pushes him out of the way. He charges towards Marcus and rains blows down upon him, cutting downward with his saber.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2003 10:04 PM
Fire

I kneel down presumably under the pressure of Galder his blows, but actualy I am building up strength and focus

when I feel ready I use all my strength and depend on the force to help me if it can and jump up trying to push galder away from me

Old Post Jan 15th, 2003 10:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Galder is sucked into your trap. He rains down his heavy blows, and you pull back, pull back, pull back... and then SPRING forwards! Galder, you were concentrating so intensly on beating him down that this is a total shock to you! You are thrown backwards, hard!

Score:
Galder- 2 Marcus- 3

Five rounds in and the battle royale still rages on all around! Persis' security force has been almost entirely cut down. The Miramar, with great skill and fanatacism, cut down many on all sides but are beginning to converge, Jedi in AOTC style, as the police bring in more and more reinforcements. Many police lie dead and from otuside you can hear the sound of yet further battle, involving vehicles.

At one side of the room, Gundark struggles under the relentless swing of Chion's sabre. She looks like she may JUST now be adapting to his style but she is tiring. At the other end, the four way fight of Persis and Majora versus Xeth and Mah has descended into a sprawling mess, each side taking quic opportunistic blows as the situation presents itself- but the discipline of the Jedi showing through. Corelay's youthful enthusiasm seems to be getting the better of Takuan's great instinct, yet the padawan is prone to error. And Master Marcus, at first taken aback by Galder's ferocity, is getting the measure of his furious opponent.

Here comes the fun bit...

Your fight has now become entangled with Dexx and Corelay. You have almost backed straight into Takuan, Galder. Corelay has made an acrobatic move forwards and is about to land on your head.

Marcus to attack. Bear in mind what you do now may affect the Dexx/Corelay duel, and vice versa!

BtVS

Old Post Jan 15th, 2003 10:25 PM
Fire

Ok now is the time to finish this, but stay focused
I hush forward, always keeping one eye on corelay and scream: " dont get in my way corelay!!!"
When I am about to hit Galder I start spinning around myself, while I am swooping my sabre around, when I am faced away from galder before the last strike, I change my sabre from hand, duck and make a slash going diagonaly up

Last edited by Fire on Jan 15th, 2003 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2003 11:00 PM