KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Did you know ?

Did you know ?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Did you know ?

Did you know the LOTR trilogy is at the top of the list for the most requested trilogy for blu ray ??

Everyone wants it on the new format !! Happy Dance

The Lord Of The Rings trilogy are the movies most film fans want to see released in high definition, according to a survey conducted by TDK. Peter Jackson’s epic beat out a list of Oscar winning classics, including Ben Hur and Casablanca.

The Rings trilogy has had HD outings already on Sky and C4HD, but has yet to be released on Blu-ray.

The research was carried out to celebrate the arrival in London’s Covent Garden of TDK’s Life on Record’s trailer, a mobile gallery devoted to technology and media with a focus on hi-definition.

If you want to visit though you’ll need to be quick; it’s only parked in Covent Garden until Tuesday16 September as part of a 12 month European tour.

According to TDK’s survey, the top five films consumers believe will look best on Blu-ray are:

1 Lord of the Rings
2 Terminator
3 Gladiator
4 Rocky
5 Casablanca

See !!!! big grin

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 01:55 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Tolkien writes pure genius =-) Jackson changes it, but can still make a good movie.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:41 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

The only major flaw in his films is tom bambadil WE WANT TOM!!!!
i cant believe he cut him out sad

Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 02:42 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teamB_macro

i once spent an entire weekend just watching the trilogy and the dvd extras. lol my eyes hurt and i still can't understand half of what gollum says

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 03:29 AM
teamB_macro is currently offline Click here to Send teamB_macro a Private Message Find more posts by teamB_macro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Tolkien pwns JK Rowling, the Dementors are rip offs of the Nazgul.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 09:23 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
Tolkien pwns JK Rowling, the Dementors are rip offs of the Nazgul.
Can you really blame Rowling? When you need undead-ish, nightmare inducers that drain all hope---Nazgul are the progenitor.

It's getting annoying to constantly see the title of this thread and then start singing to myself: "Do you know what it feels like, loving someone...."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 12:48 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

Rolling is stealing Tolkiens thunder the wizards in lotr could pwn the wizards in HP and really the nazgul are way more nightmarish than the demeantors

Slays king ruins town,

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 01:34 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Morgromir
Rolling is stealing Tolkiens thunder the wizards in lotr could pwn the wizards in HP and really the nazgul are way more nightmarish than the demeantors
SARUMAN: "So, Lord Voldemort, you come now to Isengard to challenge me to--"

VOLDEMORT: "Avada Kedavra."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 03:31 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Gandalf: I am a servant of the secret fire, weilder of the Flame of Anor, you shall not pass!
Voldemort:Avada Kedavra!
Gandalf: *moves and shoots Voldemort with a fire ball*

Isil

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 08:54 PM
Khamul 666

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
SARUMAN: "So, Lord Voldemort, you come now to Isengard to challenge me to--"

VOLDEMORT: "Avada Kedavra."

Voldemort would reply hes stupid like that , Sauruman =Voldemort
Gandalf=Dumbledor

the two biggest badasses in HP only barely equal The two biggest badass wizards in Lotr

for the most part HP spells are visible, and are spoken(to achieve full potential) opposed to lotr where they only have to be thought and only have a flash

Slays king ruins town,

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 10:49 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

But to what effect does the Istari magic have on HP magic? As far as we've seen and read, the effects of Istari magic seems to be more... ethereal and incorporeal. HP magic on the other hand is direct, fast, and very, very dangerous, especially in the hands of masters like Dumbledore and Voldemort. Assuming the Avada Kedavra is unblockable to the Istari as well as HP, then what's Gandalf or Saruman going to do? Not to mention Voldemort and Dumbledore's total mastery over transfiguration, apparation, and conjuring.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 02:09 AM