KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wealth Rankings

Wealth Rankings
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Wealth Rankings

Now I know some of you are going to rocket people like Scrooge, Richie, and Burns straight to the top. That's fine by all means but rank the lesser characters as well. I'll list some contestants to start out from. Please rank them and feel free to add more that I missed out on.

Hopefully we can form a tier system similar to the Martial Arts Rankings thread.

No using Cosmic/Magic powers to create money!

Contestants
*Richie Rich
*Auric Goldfinger
*Bruce Wayne
*Ebenezer Scrooge
*Montgomery Burns
*Willy Wonka
*Tony Stark
*Adrian Veidt
*Victor Von Doom
*Norman Osborn
*Ernst Stravo Blofeld
*Lex Luthor

Tier System *Just an example*
Top Tier; Buys the World:

Second Tier; Worldwide Business: Adrian Veidt, Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, Von Doom, Willy Wonka

Third Tier; Billionaire: Auric Goldfinger, Norman Osborn

Fourth Tier; Millionaire: Frank Lucas, Lara Croft, Tony Montana

Fifth Tier; Wealthy: Indiana Jones, James Bond, Matt Murdock, Rick O'Connell

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jul 26th, 2009 at 03:34 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 03:24 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_Fictional_15

1 Uncle Sam Infinite
2 Scrooge McDuck
3 Richie Rich
4 Gordon Gekko
5 Jabba the Hutt
6 Ebenezer Scrooge
7 Bruce Wayne
8 Thurston Howell III
9 Tony Stark
10 Adrian "Ozymandias" Veidt
11 Jed Clampett
12 Artemis Fowl II 1
13 C. Montgomery Burns
14 Lara Croft
15 Mr. Monopoly

.......... ........... ...........

Heres what I think... Purely subjective btw.

1st Tier

*Tony Stark
*Adrian Veidt
*Willy Wonka
*Lex Luthor
*Ernst Stravo Blofeld

2nd Tier

* Richie Rich
* Bruce Wayne
* Victor Von Doom

3rd Tier

* Professor X
* Lara Croft
* Norman Osborn
* Montgomery Burns

No Idea Tier

* Auric Goldfinger
* Ebenezer Scrooge
* Jabba the Hutt

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 04:03 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

That Forbes list is bullshit. What makes you think Stark is so much more richer than Wayne?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:04 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
That Forbes list is bullshit. What makes you think Stark is so much more richer than Wayne?

Well what has Wayne really shown?

Not much in my opinion. Given his comic background, I would put him in top tier. But I don't recall the movies really showing off his wealth. I'm sure someone will remind me of whatever I missed soon...

Stark on the other hand has Stark Industries, which I believe started from his father. Now it would be silly to think that his company is anything short of being a multi-billion dollar one. He has weapons contracts with the Government and is evidently highly influential, and I suspect he's probably running a monopoly in the trade. Also, the fact that he had the resources to produce the arc reactor and the Mark armor... I'd let any non-believers come up with the lowest estimate... it would still be at a phenomenal cost...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:18 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Hmm...

Stark Industries has also made many other "breakthroughs" including medical technology and intellicrops that have saved millions of lives. A "breakthrough" like that sounds like another multi-billion dollar deal to me...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:26 PM
Darth Martin

What has Wayne done? We saw in the first film that he's a worldwide business man. His products are seen in the likes of Asia.

I'd say the Mark III armor is in the billions. Not that Wayne doesn't have the money, mhe just wouldn't know where to start at building it. Other than that, I've seen nothing from Stark to suggest he's richer. He's got more tech, but that's only because he's an inventor and his company specializes in that area.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:39 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Other than that, I've seen nothing from Stark to suggest he's richer.

Well, we'll just have to settle on a difference of opinion. Again, Stark has shown he highly wealthy and influential. Wayne has shown he is wealthy, he could be at Stark's level, but he hasn't shown it.

What has Wayne done? We saw in the first film that he's a worldwide business man. His products are seen in the likes of Asia.

In the world of multi-billion dollar entrepreneurs and business, thats not saying anything at all.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:45 PM
Darth Martin

Wayne hasn't been influential. They consistently state his company develops stuff for the military as well.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 05:05 PM