KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Elves vs. Men

Elves vs. Men
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

Lol, yeah lightsabers will pwn those elves.

But anyways, Hurin killed 70 trolls, and countless orcs, WHILE most likely having a balrog or two attaking him. How many of the elves had to die to do what they did? Alot. How many men? Not nearly as many.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 04:30 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Hurin's gonna die. Elves are gonna win.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 05:08 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Found the thing with the quote about Narsil and fear:
"...and the sword of Elendil filled Orcs and Men with fear, for it shone with the light of the sun and of the moon, and it was named Narsil."
—The Silmarillion, Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age

apparently elves arnt mentioned, but undoubtedly they were.Or enamoured of it...........

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:16 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Feanor pwns Hurin.

Elves win.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:05 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

J.R.R. Tolkien is a man.

Tolkien writes a story that retcons the elves.

Man wins.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:27 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Elves arnt actually stornger and all, there are just more and they have better senses. I would say Men are stronger. Brutal, in fact.

Isil

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:36 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

The Men would win by sheer numbers. There are more Men throughout the ages then there are Elves.

The Elves like Feanor, Thingol, Fingon Fingonfin are more powerful than any Man outside of maybe Turin (who is destined to defeat Morgoth), Huor, Hurin and maybe some of the Numenoreans.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 01:50 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

id think aragorn and the heros would stay out of it since aragorn is MARRIED to an elf princess and you cant really take rohans cavallry into a boost because the elves have kick ass horsemen of their own not to metion their archers they would be able to best a ranger most of the time if the heros stayed out elves would start to win than men would start looking for a superpower than probably get currupted and hello war of the ring 2

Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 08:05 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Uhhh, no War of the Ring 2, as there is no ring........

Isil

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 02:54 PM
Khamul 666

im using the phrase war of the ring in substitue of world war itd be similiar except the ring wouldnd be the goal rather the rivals heads but ur right i just misphrased

Slays king ruins town,

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 08:48 PM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

and elves have good single fighters and legendary archers but men are used to fight while massed

Slays king ruins town,

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 03:08 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Massed soldiers=fodder for archers.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 04:35 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

cure for that =armored formation
covers top , sides and front

Slays king ruins town,

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 11:40 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Testudos are still vulnerable to cavalry and a quick closing by the enemy infantry. It's good for protecting a stationary unit or a slow moving one.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 12:01 AM
Bladewind

Elves would so win!!!!!!!!!!
They have existed for much longer and have better weapons. Also thousands of men would have fallen before it came to close combat and even there the elves would massacre them.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 10:09 AM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Testudos are still vulnerable to cavalry and a quick closing by the enemy infantry. It's good for protecting a stationary unit or a slow moving one.
true but done correctly spears should be fit into the gaps while they make progress im not saying the men would cream the elves itd be really close , but the forces at osgiliath held against the mordor seige for years and years that adds up to thousands of orcs(not 1 or 2 thousand much more} .in a wooded area elves would win through archer superiority itd be close with the rangers but still, on a plain or urban area men would win cause theyre used to that kind of combat ,elves arent .plus theyd probably kiss up before someone loses

Slays king ruins town,

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 12:54 PM
Incanus
Istari

Take into account the fact that men make sturdier shield, and betetr armor as they have better swordsmen in some regards. No one can truthfully say that all men have been incompetent with swords, and Numenoreans would be a huge factor in it as their eyes were nearly as good as elves, they were elves in all aspects except their life span, still a few hundred years for the commoners, longer for the line of Elros.

Isil

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 11:19 PM
Khamul 666

and elves make beter bows and swords , but i agree

Slays king ruins town,

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 02:47 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's the Numenoreans that would make the deal here. They scared the piss out of Sauron, and that was when he was kicking ass.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 07:27 AM
Bladewind

Well in the beginning of the first movie you could see Sauron getting defeated. In that part the orks charge and the elves just wipe out the complete first line. They'd do the same to the men.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 08:17 AM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote