KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Elves vs. Men

Elves vs. Men
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bladewind
Well in the beginning of the first movie you could see Sauron getting defeated. In that part the orks charge and the elves just wipe out the complete first line. They'd do the same to the men.
That is of course assuming that the Men would be charging head first and pell-mell in to a line of Elven archers.

Hey! While they're at it, why don't they just take off their armor and start fighting with sticks.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 07:18 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

plus thats movie BS and the orcs have salvaged armor not like uruks, who make theirs

Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 02:14 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Yeah your probably right.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 05:18 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Nop, hes not. Orcfs made their own armor to, otherwise where would they get it? Men? To big. Elvfes? Like they would even touch it. Dwarves? How? Guys, if you havnt read the first arguments, I wont say names,then read them.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 08:54 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

well they did but not from scratch i believe i always thouh theyd take scaps and bits and strapem together

Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 04:30 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

I meant they wouldn't be charging head first into battle.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 11:59 AM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evilbigfoot
Bah, Canon...

All the Elves from all time would definately win. Might i remind you that the beings that created Middle Earth were elves. I don't think that men would have a chance vs. the creaters of Middle Earth. Usually the creaters can easily undo what they have made. Good fight men.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 08:18 PM
Evilbigfoot is currently offline Click here to Send Evilbigfoot a Private Message Find more posts by Evilbigfoot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evilbigfoot
Bah, Canon...

Excuse the spelling error.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 08:19 PM
Evilbigfoot is currently offline Click here to Send Evilbigfoot a Private Message Find more posts by Evilbigfoot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evilbigfoot
Bah, Canon...

Incanus, orcs rarely make their own armour. They kill humans/elves and take their armour constantly swaping different pieces for better more shiny parts.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 08:30 PM
happysmile98

Worried

ELVES!!! THEY RULE!! Plus legolas IS v.v.v.v hot!! So hot, he could kill all the men and the rest of the elves would be used to it. SO elves would win. Only prob IS.. im human, so he could kill me hes so hot...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 08:36 PM
happysmile98 is currently offline Click here to Send happysmile98 a Private Message Find more posts by happysmile98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
the beings that created Middle Earth were elves.

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/v/valar.html

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 08:51 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evilbigfoot
Bah, Canon...

That doesn't mean that they did not take their physical form as Elves now does it?...Even if i am wrong who cares get your life out of fantasy.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 09:08 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Evilbigfoot
All the Elves from all time would definately win. Might i remind you that the beings that created Middle Earth were elves.
The f*ck?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 04:52 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rekke41

BUMP!

Alright sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I googled the subject and couldn't resist. There is a particular point that no one in this thread brought up.

Who would win in a war of all Men versus all Elves, why the Men of course and it wouldn't even be close. The Mannish peoples war against the Elves would resemble a fight between a heavy weight prize fighter and a child in a wheel chair.

Yes the Elves would have superior swords and spears, yes their archers were beyond compare, yes they have some magical abilities. Yes they have some of the greatest heroes of old like Feanor, but none of this would matter in a war with all of the Mannish peoples, does anyone know why?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 01:07 AM
rekke41 is currently offline Click here to Send rekke41 a Private Message Find more posts by rekke41 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

While, technically, Numenor is much superior to more or less any one of the Elvish nations, all of them working together, under the leadership of all of the old Elven heroes (Fingolfin, Feanor, Fingon, Thingol), eh....

Elves probably take it 6/10

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 02:10 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Birch_Tree

Whats the time frame?

Elves shun 'technology' and machines, sheltered away in the blissful eternal peace of Aman most elves would be totally unprepared when faced against modern technology of man.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 08:32 AM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

For one: They wouldn't have modern tech. They would have swords and spears.

Two: Men. They outnumber the Elves by such a margin, and are on par with them in the realm of swordplay (after a LOT of training) that they just outlast them in the end. Men 6/10

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 01:51 PM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Birch_Tree

Originally posted by Pwned
For one: They wouldn't have modern tech. They would have swords and spears.

Two: Men. They outnumber the Elves by such a margin, and are on par with them in the realm of swordplay (after a LOT of training) that they just outlast them in the end. Men 6/10

What makes you think that, there is no end date. Tolkiens work does reference modern times so modern tech is allowed. The question was "All men vs all elves" not "All men vs All elves from the first three ages".

Old Post Jun 27th, 2012 08:41 AM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

This shouldn't even be a contest. Elves would win, period. While there are some Men like Tuor, Turin, and the Numernoreans who are tall, mighty, and brutish, the Elves in general, once they've fully matured, are tall and mighty as well as crafty. Some of the Elves from Valinor would know skills taught to them from the Valar. I don't see how the race of Men would win out.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2012 02:35 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AradanOfNumenor

What about the half elven, would they not particapte or would they go in the faction they chose? And by the way, men would win, assuming of course the the army of Ar-Pharazon the Golden would be present, which would of had hundreds of thousands of mail clad tall Nuenorean men with two hander swords.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2012 06:32 AM
AradanOfNumenor is currently offline Click here to Send AradanOfNumenor a Private Message Find more posts by AradanOfNumenor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote