KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)

The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Why did he wait this long? He could have made this happend years ago... I suppose he had his reasons but still, the wait has been dreadful and the wait now knowing Peter will direct will be like waiting for the next LOTR to come out around xmas again. Heh can't wait.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 01:12 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I havn't read this thread in full yet, but I heard that New Zealand are holding a fuss over filming in the country again?? WTF! haha, it never ends with issues.

It should be a good movie, I think The Hobbit was the last Tolkien book I read (in 2006, ages ago dudes!) and I would like to see some o the places in the book on screen, pretty mountains big grin

meh, never ending saga with this movie

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 11:19 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Too much drama over the movie...although, if Jackson does direct, it'll most likely make the continuity between the films (The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings) a bit better. Hope they've dropped the idea of two films...and Martin Freeman as Bilbo? What?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 06:11 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omgu8mynewt

^^^What makes you think they should drop Martin Freeman as Bilbo? I've seen him in Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and I think he'd be great for the role.

Also did some google research on some of the other actors and I think the dwarves are great, especially Bombur.

Wondor who will be the voice of Smaug?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 01:59 PM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

voice of smaug.... mmm thats a tough one, maybe the dude who does Optimus Prime? haha

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 02:53 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Did Smaug talk?? i can't remember.
It would of been great to have Ian Holm back to play Bilbo. but I'm sure Martin Freeman will be great too. he is good in the holmes show and was good in HGTTG

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 09:05 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
^^^What makes you think they should drop Martin Freeman as Bilbo? I've seen him in Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and I think he'd be great for the role.

Also did some google research on some of the other actors and I think the dwarves are great, especially Bombur.

You misread what I said. I don't expect them to drop Freeman - but his casting does upset me...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 05:55 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Ok, now it's What the f**k? ?

Elijah Wood is returning to do Frodo.

Just HOW MUCH are they changing the story?

I didn't mind the idea of making it two films, or bringing in some immortal or long lived characters from LOTR who didn't appear in the novel. But...Frodo?
Should his character even be alive?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 06:51 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Knight of Ren

He is not really in the movie. Rather, from what I heard, Bilbo is telling Frodo the story.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 07:30 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So he is in the movie, just not as a main character.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 09:37 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

Re: The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)

Originally posted by roughrider
For a two-film series shot back to back, they should be news about casting soon. Here's a recent blurb:

On 17 July 2009, The Daily Telegraph reported that David Tennant is being tipped to play Bilbo Baggins. The Doctor Who star leads a list of other actors, including James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe, who have also been linked to the role.

Young Bilbo is the most crucial role to be cast. Besides those names, I'd like to throw in Tom Hollander from the Pirates Of The Caribbean sequels, for his resemblance to a young Ian Holm.

David Tennant's a bit lanky... Well I guess McAvoy is too, but he's got a hobbity face.

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:08 PM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt

Only two voices will be acceptable:

Keith David

James Earl Jones

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

Originally posted by Robtard

Keith David

James Earl Jones

Tom Baker would be pretty awesome.
(unless they get him to play a dwarf, which also awesome would be)

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 12:15 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Re: The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)

Originally posted by Bar-en-Danwedh
David Tennant's a bit lanky... Well I guess McAvoy is too, but he's got a hobbity face.

We know now it's neither; Martin Freeman has the role.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 09:59 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Guess what they're preparing here happy

Old Post Feb 27th, 2011 10:50 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by Exabyte
Guess what they're preparing here happy

Haha. This movie (?these movies?) will be either amazing...or not. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 31st, 2011 11:51 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Robtard

Keith David

James Earl Jones

Tony Jay (too bad he's dead sad )
Michael Ironside
Tim Curry

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 01:54 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Tony Jay (too bad he's dead sad )
Michael Ironside
Tim Curry

Robert Stack or Michael Gough if either of them were alive. sad

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 02:12 AM
Dr Will Hatch is online now! Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Side note: Gollum's scenes, ie. around Bilbo finding the One Ring, were among the first scenes to be done (according to Ian McKellen, some dwarf and Andy Serkis himself); they are nearly finished by now (at least the performance capture part). From now on, Andy Serkis will support PJ as 2nd Unit Director.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 08:00 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

PJ published a 10 minute video from the Hobbit set There are so many cute details to discover on each picture that I couldn't stop grinning stupidly for quite a while after watching it. Enjoy.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 08:54 PM