KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)

The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
colossulrage

OMG finally so excited

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 12:37 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Exabyte
PJ published a 10 minute video from the Hobbit set There are so many cute details to discover on each picture that I couldn't stop grinning stupidly for quite a while after watching it. Enjoy.

Only skimmed through it - I really wanted to see people in-costume. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 01:32 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Well, you do get to see some people in costumes (thought, admittedly, they're not very generous with such pictures), for example this dwarf around 2:12 wink also, Gollum is in his costume most of the time stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 09:55 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

PJ published a 10 minute video from the Hobbit set There are so many cute details to discover on each picture that I couldn't stop grinning stupidly for quite a while after watching it. Enjoy.

This video made my day. Finally starting to get excited about this! happy

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 05:06 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Well, you do get to see some people in costumes (thought, admittedly, they're not very generous with such pictures), for example this dwarf around 2:12 wink also, Gollum is in his costume most of the time stick out tongue

I totally missed that one guy - although you don't get a look at his makeup, which is what I should have said.

And I'm not a huge fan of Serkis' "costume," myself. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 02:09 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
risingsun
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Cate Blanchett and Orlando Bloom are the characters i am excited about to talk in The Hobbit

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 02:42 PM
risingsun is currently offline Click here to Send risingsun a Private Message Find more posts by risingsun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by risingsun
I think Cate Blanchett and Orlando Bloom are the characters i am excited about to talk in The Hobbit

But why are they even in the movie?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 05:46 PM
Exabyte

Cate Blanchett is there because the White Council is there.
Orlando Bloom is there because Mirkwood is there and because girls are there sitting in the audience.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 09:38 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Cate Blanchett is there because the White Council is there.
Orlando Bloom is there because Mirkwood is there and because girls are there sitting in the audience.

So...pandering to Hollywood Bullscheiße? And/or pandering to people who can't understand the plot of the book? I have a feeling the added scenes/cameos will be so contrived and pseudo-Tolkien...I wish I was less pessimistic about these films.

Not to mention the fact that we don't know exactly who (aside from the obvious/noted) were on the White Council...we can guess, and probably quite accurately, but still...

(I detest the Hollywood crap in the other films too, btw...)

Last edited by The Rover on Apr 19th, 2011 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 06:03 PM
Exabyte

Random news: After a few days of Easter break, they'll continue with the Rivendell scenes.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 12:33 PM
Exabyte

(Very) lovely news: Stephen Fry will play the Master of Laketown, and Conan Stevens (currently also to be seen in Game of Thrones) is Azog. Ryan Gage, originally casted as Drogo, will now instead play Stephen Fry's servant. (Source)

Old Post May 19th, 2011 09:50 AM
Exabyte

Really sorry for the triple post, buuut:

Originally posted by The Rover
Only skimmed through it - I really wanted to see people in-costume. stick out tongue

Here you have your people in-costume, although I suppose it's not exactly what you wanted, either: video (starting at 4:20)

Other random news: sounds like they're currently doing the White Council scenes, since Ian McKellen mentions he's working with Cate Blanchett and Hugo Weaving now.

Also: Benedict Cumberbatch (currently working with Martin Freeman as Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson) will be in the movies (elf? Smaug? ...?).

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 08:40 PM
The Rover

Haha, that was ridiculous.

Also: I think I know how they're framing the story - that is, how they're going to include Ian Holm and Elijah Wood - if the casting of Bret McKenzie as Lindir is any indication...

Old Post May 24th, 2011 05:05 AM
Exabyte

Yes?
If it involves songs (my only association to "Bret McKenzie" and "Lindir"), then I'm quite sure the answer is No. Or what do you mean?

Old Post May 24th, 2011 05:34 AM
The Rover

Yes?
If it involves songs (my only association to "Bret McKenzie" and "Lindir"), then I'm quite sure the answer is No. Or what do you mean?

Well...since Lindir is an elf from Rivendell, I'm thinking that they'll frame the action of the movie(s) as being told to Frodo while he was there with Bilbo during the events of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Or, Lindir might just be in the Rivendell scenes that take place during The Hobbit. Or maybe during scenes that take place at both times...or I'm wrong, or something. stick out tongue

Old Post May 24th, 2011 06:17 PM
Exabyte

Yes, that makes quite some sense. It would fit very well in the context since multiple items and stories connected to Bilbo's adventure show up in Rivendell, most of them also in the movies.

The other, simpler idea would be that Frodo just reads in the Red Book, maybe before writing in his own story. However, I don't know how Ian Holm would fit in there, except to read his own written lines from the off... so maybe the frame story is rather settled before Frodo's journey (or near its beginning, such as Rivendell).

Old Post May 25th, 2011 10:55 AM
The Rover

Indeed. All pointless guesswork at this time, I suppose! We'll see soon enough.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 02:47 PM
ares834

Hobbit titles and release dates announced!

The first is called An Unexpected Journey and will be released on December 14, 2012.
The second film, titled The Hobbit: There and Back Again, is slated for a release date on December 13, 2013.

About damn time!

Old Post May 30th, 2011 06:34 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

A year apart? Bullscheisse.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 11:18 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

A shameless money grubbing scheme.

The Hobbit wasn't that big of a book, it doesn't need two movies.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:38 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote