KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)

The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A shameless money grubbing scheme.

The Hobbit wasn't that big of a book, it doesn't need two movies.

Hopefully it won't pander too much to the masses...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 05:39 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Photos! Bilbo! Dwarves! Here.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 03:57 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Innkeeper

I refuse to believe Martin Freeman is bloody Bilbo Baggins...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 04:25 PM
The_Innkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The_Innkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The_Innkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I really can't understand why this is getting two parts....

If that was the case The Lord of the Rings should have had 5 or 6 movies..

Here's hoping they'll eventually make a Silmarillion movie! Seeing Morgoth fight Fingolfin on the big screen would be EPIC!

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 09:06 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

We have to go back Kate... WE HAVE TO GO BACK!

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Here's hoping they'll eventually make a Silmarillion movie! Seeing Morgoth fight Fingolfin on the big screen would be EPIC!

Would be cool. But I can think of far cooler scenes... Basically anything involving Feanor! That guy was a beast.

Last edited by ares834 on Jun 25th, 2011 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2011 03:14 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Not good. (neither the Silmarillion movie nor Evangeline Lilly as an elf.)

Old Post Jun 25th, 2011 11:14 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

...Please tell me that's not real. That sounds awful...

Apparently the actor (Benedict Cumberbatch) portraying Smaug is also going to voice Sauron...ugh.

Last edited by The Rover on Jun 25th, 2011 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2011 02:55 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

What astonishes me most is that Sauron actually gets a voice.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 12:23 AM
The Rover

I know...isn't he only a floating, flaming eyeball? roll eyes (sarcastic)

In all seriousness...I'm going to try to be less pessimistic about these movies.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 05:11 AM
Exabyte

That's sweet of you.

And I rephrase my statement above: I am astonished that his voice is needed in the movie.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 11:37 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

True, this doesn't exactly bode well for the movie. But then again, most of us if we're honest with ourselves; doubted Jackson and his LOTR movies before they came out.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 06:42 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
But then again, most of us if we're honest with ourselves; doubted Jackson and his LOTR movies before they came out.

Actually, I didn't. Neither do I doubt the Hobbit movie now. I will love it, but there will doubtlessly also be some things I hate. That's fine.

By the way, "Empire" will feature the first Hobbit cover story on June 30.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 06:32 AM
The Rover

I didn't doubt the LotR movies (specifically FotR) before they came out - they were off my radar for quite a while...

I find that I can't watch the LotR movies with (most) other people...they tend to like all the things I find annoying about those movies. The casting news and the fact that they're adding to The Hobbit bother me, but...I'll probably love it anyway. We'll see...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 10:55 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Exabyte
That's sweet of you.

And I rephrase my statement above: I am astonished that his voice is needed in the movie.

It's because they are not only dealing with the Hobbit but also with the White Council and how they drove the Necromancer (Sauron) out of Mirkwood.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 04:26 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by ares834
It's because they are not only dealing with the Hobbit but also with the White Council and how they drove the Necromancer (Sauron) out of Mirkwood.

But why does he have to speak? So they can write cheesy, pseudo-Tolkien dialogue?

Photos! Bilbo! Dwarves! Here.

Don't those ears look huge on Freeman? The dwarves don't look bad, and, of course, Ian McKellen looks awesome.

Last edited by The Rover on Jun 28th, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 10:27 PM
ares834

Originally posted by The Rover
But why does he have to speak? So they can write cheesy, pseudo-Tolkien dialogue?

Why would he not speak...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 10:31 PM
Exabyte

Don't those ears look huge on Freeman?

Did you see his feet?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 09:36 AM
The Rover

Did you see his feet?

They look huge, too! Lol.

Originally posted by ares834
Why would he not speak...

Why would he? The manner in which the White Council forcibly evicted Sauron from Dol Guldur seems to have been intentionally left vague by Tolkien...why put a Hollywood spin on it?

Last edited by The Rover on Jun 29th, 2011 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 09:31 PM
ares834

Why would he? The manner in which the White Council forcibly evicted Sauron from Dol Guldur seems to have been intentionally left vague by Tolkien...why Hollywood it up?

Well that is only your interpretation of the battle from the few facts we have. Sure it may have been left vague by Tolkien but this is Hollywood and they want to ring every last penny out of the franchise. Plus it could be cool.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 09:37 PM
The Rover

He'll have a scary, demonic voice and it'll be cheesy. Almost guaranteed.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 02:55 AM