KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)

The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Rover
He'll have a scary, demonic voice and it'll be cheesy. Almost guaranteed.
Absolutely. Alot of the things that really bothered me about the trilogy was just how much of the story they changed unnecessarily. ROTK's confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch King being the moment that angered me the most.

Still, the movies were still great and I'm sure this will do just fine.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 05:11 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

A first picture of Dori, Nori and Ori has been published.

Good news: yes, we will be able to tell them all apart. Yes, there are some inspiring new design ideas. Yes, we will laugh a lot.

Bad news: We will laugh a lot. And the left one's hairstyle is sort of... freakish.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 02:36 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Have you noticed that the eyebrows are plated to the hair?

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 05:01 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Originally posted by DanielLB
Have you noticed that the eyebrows are plated to the hair?

Yes, I mentally included that one among the "interesting new ideas" (and among the laughs). I'm also surprised how nice and dwarvish the white-haired guy's (rather experimental) braids look.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 07:51 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Yeah, you can see the back of his head in PJs first video. Maybe there beards and hair won't always look so prestine and tidy, like Gimli. His hair/beard occasionaly changed in the film from platted to not.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 08:18 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I really like the outfits and weapons. The guy on the right (Dori?) looks great. However, the hair of the guy on the left looks terrible.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 09:32 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Oin & Gloin

http://www-images.theonering.org/to...0_912526707.jpg
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 05:11 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Can't wait to see Balin and Thorin.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 10:52 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

New production blog from PJ.

Watch it here: PJ Blog 2

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 09:34 AM
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Fili and Kili!

Not too sure of these two...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 06:25 PM
The Rover

Gah! What has been seen cannot be unseen!

sad

Oin and Gloin look good - the family resemblance between those two and Gimli is a nice touch - but the others? UGH.

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Absolutely. Alot of the things that really bothered me about the trilogy was just how much of the story they changed unnecessarily. ROTK's confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch King being the moment that angered me the most.

Still, the movies were still great and I'm sure this will do just fine.

That change didn't really stick out as much for me. What bothered me much more were the scenes with Legolas and Gimli.

...Well, I was more bothered by Legolas than Gimli. But, still...

Also...not so sure, having seen these latest pics...my God, the horror! The horror!

P.S. Shooting the Misty Mountain/goblin scenes in the vid, I presume?

Last edited by The Rover on Jul 13th, 2011 at 05:36 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 05:27 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

I know what you mean. But to me, I was unsure about Nori, Ori and Dori, until I saw Fili and Kili! Now they are fine to me!

The thing for me is that Fili and Kili just look too human. Yes they are younger, yes they may be more rebellious and yes PJ and co need to distinguish between the 13 of them ... but at least make it plausible. They need wavey/curley/tangled hair rather than straight hair. A slight fat suit and more beard. They just look out of place with Oin and Gloin. I hope Oin and Gloin are not the only dwarves that everyone was expecting.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 07:52 AM
The Rover

Originally posted by DanielLB
I know what you mean. But to me, I was unsure about Nori, Ori and Dori, until I saw Fili and Kili! Now they are fine to me!

The thing for me is that Fili and Kili just look too human. Yes they are younger, yes they may be more rebellious and yes PJ and co need to distinguish between the 13 of them ... but at least make it plausible. They need wavey/curley/tangled hair rather than straight hair. A slight fat suit and more beard. They just look out of place with Oin and Gloin. I hope Oin and Gloin are not the only dwarves that everyone was expecting.

I think those last two are the worst - I have the same reservations. I thought they were supposed to be elves, until I saw their stature.

Eh. I think I might have to stay away from any pics for a while... stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 12:31 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Originally posted by The Rover
P.S. Shooting the Misty Mountain/goblin scenes in the vid, I presume? [/B]

If you mean the scenes with the stony, spiky set, I rather think we're seeing Dol Guldur since it includes some plants and prison/torture equipment. On the other hand, it might be the entrance region of the goblin caves, which would explain the plants. Also, we see the Azog actor in front of some trees, so you might be right.

Other scenes include (obviously) Riddles in the Dark / Gollum's lake and Rivendell; the woody scenes look like the three trolls to me.

And... I hardly wouldn't have recognized Kíli as a dwarf, either (even their mother Dís must have had more beard!)... and Fíli looks rather like Asterix.
I also find it a bit sad that there's absolutely no hint of Tolkien's descriptions to be seen so far (colors? hair color? For example, the siblings Fíli and Kíli should both be blond and look somewhat alike... and have normal beards, of course).

On the other hand, maybe Peter Jackson is trying to represent a dwarf's age by the beard, somehow - after all, Fíli and Kíli are still nearly teenagers with their 77 years. So, this choice is probably still better than having 13 Gimlis.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 12:38 PM
The Rover

...Or is it? stick out tongue

Meh. I'll wait and see...and wait to see, if I can.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 08:09 PM
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Bifur, Bofur & Bombur!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 10:34 PM
ares834

Awesome! Those last three dwarves have so much character. And Bombur is so fat!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 10:51 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Birch_Tree

I would like to see Bombur during lord of the rings, wheret he has grown so fat it takes six dwarves to lift him to the dinner table.

What does everyone think of the thing stuck to Bifur forehead, looks like a pick axe head.... Maybe done as a joke.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 05:39 AM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I'm sorry, Kili and Fili just DO NOT work for me. That being said, this is a lighter story than that of TLOTR, and it would appear that Jackson is trying to tap into that humor by way of making the dwarves look like circus buffoon rejects. Perhaps it will work out, but I must say the pictures are rather troublesome so far.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 08:20 AM
Exabyte

Now Asterix has found his Obelix, but at least Obelix looks like a dwarf.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 10:15 AM