KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Windows 7

Windows 7
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

yea i downloaded windows 7 ultimate edtion yesterday. it's a pretty cool operating system. so far, i'm liking it better than i did vista.

it comes with explorer 8, areo shake, shuffling desktop back grounds in crisp hd and a mac-esque menu/tool bar.

it's definetely much more faster (w/apps and boot) and more engaging than any other operating system i've dealt with recently.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 08:56 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Today, I just downgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows XP Pro SP3.

For some reason, Windows 7 would no longer boot-up.
The Startup Manager can't even find the cause of the problem. Repairing the PC with the installation disc didn't help resolve the problem either.
Even Microsoft support have no clue whatsoever what the feck happened.

Alas, after so many failed attempts, I was forced to ditch the OS and replace it with the old reliable.
Maybe it had something to do with incompatibility with Returnil (system virtualization software).
I might reinstall the OS some time in the future... once they release a Service Pack.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 08:00 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

The Startup Manager can't even find the cause of the problem. Repairing the PC with the installation disc didn't help resolve the problem either.

Alas, after so many failed attempts, I was forced to ditch the OS and replace it with the old reliable.
Maybe it had something to do with incompatibility with Returnil (system virtualization software).
I might reinstall the OS some time in the future... once they release a Service Pack.

that's just weird. i've found 7 to be nothing if not reliable...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Were u running KAspersky anti virus? I only ask because when I first installed W7 Ultimate, it worked great. I installed Kaspersky and it keep working great but every now and then my extra hdd would be gone. I couldnt access the files. It would freeze. Sometimes for a minute, sometimes for a long time. I would have to end up shutting it off but then it wouldnt start. I had to run system checks. It was like that for a few weeks. I had read somewhere that Kaspersky gave that type of problems. So, I updated the system and would get the same problems but not as often. Since I had downloaded AVG, I uninstalled Kaspersky. After that, no more problems (knocks on wood).

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 07:56 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote