KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » What's the last book you purchased?

What's the last book you purchased?
Started by: That ACDC Chick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Hyperion

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 07:59 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anne02

The Mansion by Henry Van Dyke
Purchased it from amazon

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 09:10 AM
anne02 is currently offline Click here to Send anne02 a Private Message Find more posts by anne02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goodChloe

Ogilvi. Unpublished.
F. Scott Fitzgerald The Beautiful and Damned

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 09:18 AM
goodChloe is currently offline Click here to Send goodChloe a Private Message Find more posts by goodChloe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquitaine

Ahistory - an unauthorised history of the Doctor Who universe.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 02:05 AM
Aquitaine is currently offline Click here to Send Aquitaine a Private Message Find more posts by Aquitaine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Star Wars: Tarkin
Star Wars Force Heretic: Remnant/Refugee
Childhood's End
2001: A Space Odyssey
Chariots of the Gods

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 13th, 2015 06:08 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Dark Intelligence by the most kick-ass sci-fi writer of them all - Neal Asher.

Attachment: dark intelligence - pb3.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 09:05 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Conan the Warrior; Robert E Howard
Star Wars: Jed Twilight (Coruscant Nights 1); Michael Reaves

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 08:20 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Consumed by David Cronenberg

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 10:55 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Hobbit; JRR Tolkien
Dune; Frank Herbert
On the Road; Jack Kerouac

I might check out Hyperion next too

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 08:34 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Daredevil Volume 1
Daredevil Volume 2
Daredevil: The Man without Fear

All by Mark Waid, gonna check out the Miller years next

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 05:44 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Star Wars: Lost stars.

I was gonna buy the cross reference and visual novel.but I ended up leaving.

Gonna save up for the blackwidow novel.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 07:52 PM
Fated Xtasy is currently offline Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Basara

"Shogun" by James Clavell.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 12:18 PM
Basara is currently offline Click here to Send Basara a Private Message Find more posts by Basara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Cormac Mccarthy's The Road

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 07:44 AM
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Dark Intelligence by the most kick-ass sci-fi writer of them all - Neal Asher.

I just bought this.

and i am completely lost. it feels like i have started in the middle of a series despite this being book one of a new series.

the author also doesn't do a good job on explaining the terms. wtf are first-children, first-child, second-children, father, spidergibble, etc... there are no context to any of these terms in this book erm

i like that there is action tho...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 11:47 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by The Nuul
I just bought this.

and i am completely lost. it feels like i have started in the middle of a series despite this being book one of a new series.

the author also doesn't do a good job on explaining the terms. wtf are first-children, first-child, second-children, father, spidergibble, etc... there are no context to any of these terms in this book erm

i like that there is action tho...

Ouch, yes - starting with Dark Intelligence is like watching Force Awakens without having seen any of the other movies. You can do it and it is technically the beginning of a new arc, but there is a lot you will be missing out on. I suggest you start with Prador Moon or Gridlinked, both will give you a good introduction to the Polity universe. Hope you give it another try!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 12:27 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Ouch, yes - starting with Dark Intelligence is like watching Force Awakens without having seen any of the other movies. You can do it and it is technically the beginning of a new arc, but there is a lot you will be missing out on. I suggest you start with Prador Moon or Gridlinked, both will give you a good introduction to the Polity universe. Hope you give it another try!

so i have returned Dark Intelligence, I couldn't find any of the other books in this series. Just couldn't do it because I was missing out on a lot of stuff. thumb down

I got the expanse instead and really liking book one so far thumb up

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 08:32 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Green Arrow: Heading to The Light.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2016 01:08 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Cormac McCarthy; The Crossing
Batman: Court of Owls
Book 1 of the Martian trilogy

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 02:30 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by carthage
Book 1 of the Martian trilogy

The Martian trilogy?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 11:01 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Just recently bought and read Catalyst. One of my favorite new canon novels.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 08:32 AM
UCanShootMyNova is currently offline Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote