KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » What's the last book you purchased?

What's the last book you purchased?
Started by: That ACDC Chick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Just recently bought and read Catalyst. One of my favorite new canon novels.

Funny, I just bought Crucible, the last novel the EU put out. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 10:21 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

Star Wars book

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:41 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

one of the new ones

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:41 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

new canon i mean, not Legends canon

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:42 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ayn Rand; The Fountainhead

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 06:51 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Catharsis by Travis Bagwell.

It's fantasy, dark magic, anime and gaming, all combined to make one of the most adrenaline-filled and enjoyable debut novels I've ever read.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post May 5th, 2017 05:58 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The latest Dresden Files, is what I'd say, if the f*cker actually released the god damn book.

Old Post May 18th, 2017 02:48 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Surtur
The latest Dresden Files, is what I'd say, if the f*cker actually released the god damn book.

Ha! No lies, he's taking his flippin time with this one. Too busy with comic books and conventions, I suppose.

But seriously, try the Travis Bagwell books I mentioned above. I loved them.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post May 19th, 2017 06:56 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggy22
Lover

Two Brothers by Ben Elton

Scythe is a God among men

Old Post May 24th, 2017 04:18 PM
Ziggy22 is currently offline Click here to Send Ziggy22 a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggy22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The three Blood of Kerensky books from the Battletech franchise.

Never even played the board games, but I got into buying the books as a kid (And bought the Battletech game for my old Apple IIC, which was pretty amazing considering the platform)

Haven't actually READ the books, however. Looked at a few book review sites, and one respected reviewer called the Kerensky series the best of the books, and a fine example of a "young adult series".

I got so deflated when I realized how far from young adulthood I was, I just couldn't read them without feeling guilt and shame, and felt I should be reading Gravity's Rainbow or something.. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 27th, 2017 01:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Haven't purchased a book in a LONG time... Probably American Gods about 3 years ago.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 05:26 AM
UCanShootMyNova is currently offline Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olivia900
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Stranger by Albert Camus

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:34 PM
olivia900 is currently offline Click here to Send olivia900 a Private Message Find more posts by olivia900 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lone Gunman

Split Infinity by Piers Anthony

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 12:03 AM
Lone Gunman is currently offline Click here to Send Lone Gunman a Private Message Find more posts by Lone Gunman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lone Gunman

Man In The High Castle By Philip K. Dick

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 04:40 PM
Lone Gunman is currently offline Click here to Send Lone Gunman a Private Message Find more posts by Lone Gunman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggy22
Lover

Time and Time Again by Ben Elton

Scythe is a God among men

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 02:35 PM
Ziggy22 is currently offline Click here to Send Ziggy22 a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggy22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Final Fantasy: Memory of Heroes, was my most recent purchase.

Too bad it's in Japanese.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 06:10 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 02:40 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Final Fantasy: Memory of Heroes, was my most recent purchase.

Too bad it's in Japanese.

If you can't read Japanese, why buy the book?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 04:54 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

Elevation by Stephen King

You Don't Own Me by Mary Higgins Clark

The Witch Elm by Tana French

Old Post Nov 24th, 2018 04:45 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote