KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » R-Rated Riddick Return

R-Rated Riddick Return
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

R-Rated Riddick Return

quote:
During an exclusive interview with Bloody-Disgusting this morning, David Twohy confirmed that he and Vin Diesel are indeed discussing a RIDDICK sequel and they are hoping to find a way to return to the R-rated origins of the series. "I’ve sketched out two ideas for continuing RIDDICK, one of which Vin and I have settled in on," Twohy tells BD. "At the studio level, it would have to be a PG-13 movie again and we don’t want to do that again. We want an R, so we are looking at the possibility of setting it up as an independent movie and selling it territory by territory and thereby keeping an ownership stake in the movie. But we’re trying to see what that would yield in this unsafe market..."

"So we’re trying to figure out what that number is and if we can make the movie that we want to make for that number. It’s a complicated formula."

If the stars should align just right financially for a RIDDICK sequel, Twohy says he’d be up for going into production as early as 2010. "It could be my next movie. I know Vin’s going to slide in XXX first. He’s doing a sequel to that the first of the year. So the soonest we could launch would be sometime next year

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 09:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

R-Rated huh? Well hopefully it'll be better than the first one...

Pitch Black I liked...but the Riddick movie wasn't so great

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 10:39 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oo I hope this xXx sequel has Asia Argento back!

Anyway, as long as it's better than Chronicles, I will be happy.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 03:00 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fact that he's clearly more concerned about the financial aspects of it makes me skeptical straight from the off. That shouldn't be a writer and director's focus...Leave that to the producers.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 05:17 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Everyone knows how I feel about "lightening-up" a movie to earn the Pg-13 rating to make more money.

However, making a movie realisitc so that it has no choice but to end up as R, does not mean it's a good movie, automatically.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 08:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think it sounds like a great idea to push for an R rating. An R rating is what Diesels fans want and it sounds like he learned that after the pacifier.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 03:42 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Pitch Black was great. Chronicles not so much. Interesting to see what they'll do with a sequel.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 02:04 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

More Riddick is always good yes

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 04:45 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
More Riddick is always good yes

Na, this franchise can only get shittier.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 06:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

If anything, they should just scrub all this chronicles "furyan" shit and get back to him being a bad-ass. A prequel might work...How he ended up getting his eyes and him being on the run and getting caught by Johns.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 07:17 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Certainly sounds like a better script than him being the unwilling leader of the Necromongers. Get to writing.

Edit: Or they could take the Mad Max route and go with a full length animated 'R' movie.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 09:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chronicles was good til the end, becoming the leader of the Necromongers kinda ruined it.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 10:31 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Vin Diesel has always had troubles maintaining a franchise. He starts one with 'The Fast & The Furious', then gets dropped by the producers for the sequels that follow. He annouces his own James Bond-style series with 'XXX' but gets dropped after one film, in favour of Ice Cube! eek!
'Pitch Black' was a well-regarded indie scfi-fi film, but supersizing it with 'Chronicles Of Riddick' backfired, critically & commercially.
Heck, Guillermo Del Toro passed him over for 'Hellboy' in favour of Ron Perlman (which was the right thing to do.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 02:35 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He would have been a shit Hellboy, down right awful.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:03 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by roughrider
Vin Diesel has always had troubles maintaining a franchise. He starts one with 'The Fast & The Furious', then gets dropped by the producers for the sequels that follow.
And then he was brought back for arguable the best F&F in the series.

Also, he had a cameo in the 3rd one eek!

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:17 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The last F&F sucked balls. Great cars though.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 03:35 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
The last F&F sucked balls. Great cars though.

That's not what the majority of people have said about it, though.

In fact, the majority of the people think it's the best one out of all the films.

I saw it, and it was good. I give it a solid 7.

Last edited by dadudemon on Aug 4th, 2009 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 04:06 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Then the majority of people have shit taste in movies, the plot was weak, the acting laughable and the dialogue moronic.

Hey, nice cars though.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 05:25 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty much. Nice looking chicks too. The scene where Dom figures out what happened to Letty? Laughable.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 05:33 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Then the majority of people have shit taste in movies, the plot was weak, the acting laughable and the dialogue moronic.

Hey, nice cars though.

In all honesty, I only gave it a 7 for the effects and the shit your pants cars and races. I am dead serious.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 07:11 AM