KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Herald’s of Galactus - Green Lantern Corp “Challenge”

Who is winning the challenge?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Green Lantern Corp 15 36.59%
Herald of Galactus 23 56.10%
Tie 3 7.32%
Total: 41 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Herald’s of Galactus - Green Lantern Corp “Challenge”
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Was that a real universe? If so, freaking incredible.

Yup, a totally real universe parallel to our own and by hal's own power. In fact there were incalculable number of universes created by rookie lanterns. A seasoned lantern like Sinestro was supposed to control all of them by himself though.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 12:06 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by abhilegend
Can any of the heralds match this feat?

Captain Atom from DC. Legion from Marvel(he's a high herald level character at average portrayals).

Though these types of feats should not really be applicable since the herald in question is tapping into a greater external power source(except for Legion, who's simply unlocking a new powerset when he performs such a feat).

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 09:44 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Epicurus
Captain Atom from DC. Legion from Marvel(he's a high herald level character at average portrayals).

Though these types of feats should not really be applicable since the herald in question is tapping into a greater external power source(except for Legion, who's simply unlocking a new powerset when he performs such a feat).

This is a "Herald’s of Galactus - Green Lantern Corp “Challenge” if you didn't saw it, it doesn't has anything to do with other herald level characters. Hal did it by his own ring btw.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 11:21 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
9jaboy

Lanterns are superior to heralds.
Everyone knows that.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 09:56 PM
9jaboy is currently offline Click here to Send 9jaboy a Private Message Find more posts by 9jaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Bump. I'm going to have some fun here.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 07:04 AM
operator616

The Hal universe creation showing is not valid since it's written by Dematteis. Sometimes to understand the comic you have to understand the writer. Dematteis believes in Hinduism: that all reality is an illusion. As such he believes that every human is capable of creating their own private realities, which are no less "real" or tangible than the primary universe. Since they are both, ultimately, illusions. It's an essential element of his story-telling.

He's used the same concept in a variety of his works including Silver surfer, Man thing, Spider-man, Dr Strange, Spectre, Dr Fate, Forever people, Supergirl, JLA, and that GL comic.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 12:58 AM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by operator616
The Hal universe creation showing is not valid since it's written by Dematteis. Sometimes to understand the comic you have to understand the writer. Dematteis believes in Hinduism: that all reality is an illusion. As such he believes that every human is capable of creating their own private realities, which are no less "real" or tangible than the primary universe. Since they are both, ultimately, illusions. It's an essential element of his story-telling.

He's used the same concept in a variety of his works including Silver surfer, Man thing, Spider-man, Dr Strange, Spectre, Dr Fate, Forever people, Supergirl, JLA, and that GL comic.

That's a weird way to invalid a feat.

Can you let us know where he had other characters create an actual universe?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 02:09 PM
operator616

That's a weird way to invalid a feat.

Can you let us know where he had other characters create an actual universe?

Sure.

Here, it's outright stated that every human thought and decision brings forth a new cosmos:

http://imgur.com/JbMjFvd

Here, Tenebrae states that reality can be molded by our thoughts. Our (as in, sentient beings) consciousness can create secondary realities no less tangible than the primary one.

http://imgur.com/BHqIBY9

Both written by Dematteis.

Like i said. This Hinduism theme is used quite frequently by him in many of his works, it can be found in all the titles that i mentioned above.

This isn't me trying hard as i can to invalidate a feat (i dont really care, frankly), im legitimately highlighting Dematteis' intention when he wrote the comic. I mean, you can go on believing that he intended a rookie Hal to create a fully fledged universe with ease, if you want, but considering the above info which i provided, i think everybody will think twice before acknowledging the feat.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 03:20 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

..do you know who you are lecturing about Hinduism to? Lmaooo...

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 06:52 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by operator616
Sure.

Here, it's outright stated that every human thought and decision brings forth a new cosmos:

http://imgur.com/JbMjFvd

Here, Tenebrae states that reality can be molded by our thoughts. Our (as in, sentient beings) consciousness can create secondary realities no less tangible than the primary one.

http://imgur.com/BHqIBY9

Both written by Dematteis.

Like i said. This Hinduism theme is used quite frequently by him in many of his works, it can be found in all the titles that i mentioned above.

This isn't me trying hard as i can to invalidate a feat (i dont really care, frankly), im legitimately highlighting Dematteis' intention when he wrote the comic. I mean, you can go on believing that he intended a rookie Hal to create a fully fledged universe with ease, if you want, but considering the above info which i provided, i think everybody will think twice before acknowledging the feat.

This is quite unnecessary.

Thanks for the rundown on Hinduism though.

I really needed that.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:21 PM
HulkIsHulk

This is quite unnecessary.

Thanks for the rundown on Hinduism though.

I really needed that.

So what's your religion then? eek!

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 27th, 2017 01:18 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote