KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » DC strength levels, Where exactly is Supes?

DC strength levels, Where exactly is Supes?
Started by: darkfan76

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sirius77

Re: Re: DC strength levels, Where exactly is Supes?

Prime
Despero
Lobo
Superman/ Ultraman/ Darkseid/ Orion/BA/CM/ Doomsday current
Wonder Woman
Bizarro
Kalibak
MM
Grundy
Mongul
Supergirl
Powergirl
Superboy
Etrigan
Aquaman

Hades-dont know

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 08:37 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The Renegade

Everyone else.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 10:14 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: Re: DC strength levels, Where exactly is Supes?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sirius77
Prime
Despero
Lobo
Superman/ Ultraman/ Darkseid/ Orion/BA/CM/ Doomsday current
Wonder Woman
Bizarro
Kalibak
MM
Grundy
Mongul
Supergirl
Powergirl
Superboy
Etrigan
Aquaman

Hades-dont know

This...

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 04:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Honestly, a high end/balls to the wall Superman shouldn't be decisively weaker than Prime, if at all.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 05:10 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Honestly, a high end/balls to the wall Superman shouldn't be decisively weaker than Prime, if at all.

In the same light though, a high end balls to the wall Prime, would be worlds above a high end balls to the wall supes tbh. At mid-range, he pushes planets and stomps teams. At an all-time PIS low, he stalemates and is eventually beaten by every teen titan + some members of the jla.

I see what you're saying, and Supes is a beast, but I don't buy the idea that he is above Prime in any physical stats by any degree.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 05:52 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

In the same light though, a high end balls to the wall Prime, would be worlds above a high end balls to the wall supes tbh. At mid-range, he pushes planets and stomps teams. At an all-time PIS low, he stalemates and is eventually beaten by every teen titan + some members of the jla.

I see what you're saying, and Supes is a beast, but I don't buy the idea that he is above Prime in any physical stats by any degree.

Fair enough.

In my opinion, I feel that Prime is simply a bloodlusted no holding back Superman with perhaps a slight edge in physical stats. If Kal were ever to truly just not give a crap, he'd be able to compete with Prime and perhaps more due to the fact that unlike Prime, he's very skilled with his powers and utilizes finesse more often than just beating the crap out of everything.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 07:28 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Could Superman push planets like Prime? Because I remember him doing pretty badly one time.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 07:41 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fair enough.

In my opinion, I feel that Prime is simply a bloodlusted no holding back Superman with perhaps a slight edge in physical stats. If Kal were ever to truly just not give a crap, he'd be able to compete with Prime and perhaps more due to the fact that unlike Prime, he's very skilled with his powers and utilizes finesse more often than just beating the crap out of everything.

That's how I always saw it. I think the fact that Johns always wrote Kal-El as being unwilling to fight Prime, or trying to talk him down, as a hint as to how he viewed their levels.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Could Superman push planets like Prime? Because I remember him doing pretty badly one time.

He has moved planets, yes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 07:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

Fair enough.

I agree with that. He is a less controlled version, but imo, his edge is a lot more than slight stick out tongue

Last edited by Sirius77 on Jan 4th, 2012 at 08:03 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:01 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's how I always saw it. I think the fact that Johns always wrote Kal-El as being unwilling to fight Prime, or trying to talk him down, as a hint as to how he viewed their levels.

He has moved planets, yes.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:42 AM
Q99

Eh, I feel that Prime was supposed to be significantly stronger due to his pre-crisis origins.

While Superman could do something against him due to greater skill and such, he couldn't, say, take multiple full punches from Black Adam and declare that it 'tickles,' or get into a prolonged slugfest with a Daxam GL with Ion without getting worn down by it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 10:25 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I took the Adam thing to be more of a magic thing, tbh, and to be fair, Adam was weakened at the time imo.

If it had been Superman against Yat, my money would have been on Superman tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 11:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What lantern powers did yat use against prime anyway? Kal has beat every daxamite he has faced including PC mon-el.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 01:35 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

Originally posted by -Pr-
I took the Adam thing to be more of a magic thing, tbh, and to be fair, Adam was weakened at the time imo.

If it had been Superman against Yat, my money would have been on Superman tbh.

Where does it say that BA was weakened in that instance? Also, it was always a running thing that Prime could take magic very well, but while BA's his fists were surrounded by magical lightning, the force of the blows themselves were not magic, but rather just pure physical force as I understood it. If he is immune to any harm from an individual simply because they are magically powered (which I don't really believe), then that would pose a lot of problems in the versus forum imo

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 09:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Where does it say that BA was weakened in that instance? Also, it was always a running thing that Prime could take magic very well, but while BA's his fists were surrounded by magical lightning, the force of the blows themselves were not magic, but rather just pure physical force as I understood it. If he is immune to any harm from an individual simply because they are magically powered (which I don't really believe), then that would pose a lot of problems in the versus forum imo

Adam had just gotten free of being hooked up to the machine, which was drawing on his power iirc. Unless I'm remembering wrong. And I thought I remembered Prime actually mentioning magic when Adam punched him.

i'm not saying he's immune, just that the combination of the other two factors might have stacked things in Prime's favour.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 09:54 PM
Sirius77

Ah, I remember the machine thing now, and yeah that makes sense.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 07:53 AM
ankur29
ankur

this thumb up

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 02:23 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I could swear I've seen Supergirl let Lobo win at arm wrestling after about a hour-long stalemate and then claim she could have won at any point. Its in her respect thread.

But I guess the reboot changes things a bit. At least until people can establish themselves a bit more. Plus theres a big difference between Action Comics Supes and regular.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 7th, 2012 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2012 07:46 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Superboy Prime makes Guardians look like pussies and Superman working with a large group of superheroes couldn't hold him down when a ray of sunlight so much as shined on his hand.

I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to think that Superman was holding back to the extent that his full strength would be the equal of every other superhero that was holding Prime plus his own "holding back" levels. Since that is what he would have to have to equal Prime.

Superman has outright admitted he cannot match Prime in a contest of might.

Superboy Prime was meant to be more powerful, I think that is kinda clear IMO.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 12:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I'd say Prime is at least twice as strong as Superman normally. If Superman cuts loose its closer...but still Prime's game.

For reference...look at the New Hampshire Primary. Mitt Romney is Prime, Superman is Ron Paul. The other heroes are Rick Perry, Santorum, Huntsman, and Gingrich. stick out tongue

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 04:19 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote