KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Broken

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Broken
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will tap Perfect Strike, moving to quickly finish the two guards on her level, suddenly less sure about this going well.

Swap the tapped PS for Riposte.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 12:15 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Initiative is a tie, going to Rianna for player privilege! The next tie will go to the baddies, but for now Rianna continues her assault on the drug-running thugs, rolling eleven successes as she cuts down a pair of them.

Her tap of Perfect Strike gives her a Defense of 4, lowering every thug but Durak to a single die... meaning none of them hit due to the cover of the walkways! Durak misses for the same reason.

----

ABANDONED FARM AMBUSH, START OF TURN 6

Upper Walkways

Thugs x10 (G 5): 0

Lower Walkways

Rianna (LS 10 / FP 5): 3/3/26 [Orthodox Guard/Cleave/Riposte]

Production Vat

Thugs x5 (G 5): 0

Durak (G 8): 1/1/0 [Gunslinger]

----

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 04:25 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will leap back up to the top level, using Coordination to keep free from harm as she does so.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 04:31 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Baddies win initiative, meaning that Rianna remains on the lower walkways during their torrent of firing. But with Coordination active, it means that not only will the thugs need to roll 6s to hit her, they will need two in order to bypass her cover. As it turns out, a thug from above hits, as does Durak (Gunslinger turns a 1 into a 6, though he rolled sufficiently as it is).

Rianna then performs an acrobatic maneuver to get up to the upper walkways, a simple use of Leaping that she passes with ease.

----

Upper Walkways

Thugs x10 (G 5): 0

Rianna (LS 10 / FP 5): 3/3/35 [Orthodox Guard/Cleave/Riposte]

Lower Walkways

Clear

Production Vat

----

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 04:56 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rianna shall start cleaving her way through the guards up here, then, trying to take them out as quickly as possible.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 05:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Rianna gets initiative and, with seven successes, chops down a pair of the thugs opposing her. However, she takes several hits from the thugs she has jumped into the midst of. Those below are opposed by two points of cover (including Durak) and do not hit at all.

Rianna is in dire straights of course...

----

Upper Walkways

Thugs x8 (G 5): 0

Rianna (LS 10 / FP 5): 3/3/48 [Orthodox Guard/Cleave/Riposte]

Lower Walkways

Clear

Production Vat

----

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 10:09 AM
Peach
mordrem

Oh. Well. This is bad...

Tap Orthodox Guard and Riposte, then, and let's see how much of this floor I can clear...

(swap OG for Forward Guard once it's tapped out)

Last edited by Peach on Aug 17th, 2009 at 07:37 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 07:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Rianna gets her attacks in before the shooters do. However, with her Riposte being treated as a regular attack that benefits from Cleave, the tapped version gets +5 to her attacks, so she has a pool of 19. Her first Riposte gets her a Cleave kill with 17 successes thanks to the tapping of Orthodox Guard. She pulls this off on a second Riposte attack, and on a third... getting her six kills total. If she taps Cleave, however, only the highest will be taken (which is still mightily impressive).

And with Orthodox Guard tapped, everyone misses her.

----

ABANDONED FARM AMBUSH, START OF TURN 7

Upper Walkways

Thugs x2 (G 5): 0

Rianna (LS 14 / FP 5): 1/1/48 [Forward Guard/Cleave/Riposte]

Lower Walkways

Clear

Production Vat

----

And it's a Refresh turn! Talk about a reversal of luck...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 08:13 PM
Peach
mordrem

Swap out Riposte for Perfect Strike, then, as Rianna moves to clear this level.

Also, tap Cleave. May as well use those 17 successes to keep safe stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 08:16 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Tapping Cleave gives Rianna a great deal of protection when the bad guys fire first again. In the firing, Rianna loses ten points of protection as she deflects incoming lasers.

However, those points do not work against Durak, who is a Named Character. A bolt from his pistol catches Rianna in the side and she pitches to the ground before she can finish her attack...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 08:26 PM
Peach
mordrem

Oh, hell...

Well, not much Rianna can do at the moment except wonder how she managed to mess this one up so quickly...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 08:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Secure her!" shouts Durak from the bottom floor, holstering his pistol. The two thugs remaining on the upper walkways quickly make for you, stepping around the bodies of their fallen comrades...

A swarm of laser bolts catches one of them and blows him off the walkway. The other ducks down next to you as a few go after him, sparking and bursting on the railing of the walkway.

You feel cold, Rianna. Unnaturally so.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 08:37 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Get away from me," she hisses at the one near her, shivering a bit from the weird cold feeling.

Can she see where the laser bolts are coming from? And does using Sense give her anything more than just a cold feeling?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 08:39 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes... you can sense the Force being used.

At either end of the room, on the upper walkways, two figures in black robes have appeared. Both are holding pistols, though you can tell that one is more comfortable with it than the other; he is firing off a torrent of shots from a repeating pistol, again hitting his target next to you. The other turns his attention downwards and awkwardly shoots at one of the goons next to the vat. It kills him.

Durak, you notice, seems to be choking. He drops his pistol and clutches at his throat.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 08:43 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, Rianna is more than just a little bit uncomfortable about that, though she is also curious as to who these two figures are...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 08:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Between the two of them, their rapid firing manages to take out the remaining thugs in seconds. Once they have done so, they quickly move across the walkway towards you and keep you covered with their blasters.

A third figure in black robes and a hood then steps out from the hatch that you used to enter the lair, his pale white hand clenched in a tight fist. Below, Durak falls to his knees before you sense his life extinguished, and he lays still after flopping to the ground. The figure relaxes his fist.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 07:03 AM
Peach
mordrem

Is Rianna still feeling cold?

She'll try to sit up, at least, as they approach, leaning on the railing to the walkway if needed.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" she asks, slightly annoyed but also confused and curious. Using her senses to try and detect anything odd, as always. "And you can put those away, I'm in no shape to attempt anything right now..."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 01:54 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes.

When you sit up, you notice something else... all three of them have lightsabers hanging from their belts. The two with pistols do not respond and keep you covered.

The third figure is quiet for a moment, but then slowly reaches up and lowers his hood... revealing bleached white skin, bulbous black eyes, and a collection tentacles, tied back by some black bands.

"Rianna, I'm disappointed," says Nume Rand, former Jedi Master. "I thought this would have been a simple task for you."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 05:31 PM
Peach
mordrem

"...you," she says, surprised by his appearance, though her surprise turns into barely supressed anger very quickly. "What are you doing here? I want nothing to do with you. And I will tell the Council that you were here."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 05:41 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Simple. You have foiled my operation here on Reecee. You discovered it and told the police where it was you were going, and so it no longer has any potential. Durak served his purpose, and so did his men.

"As for telling the Council of my whereabouts... you can only do that if you get in touch with them, yes?"

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 06:04 PM