KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » "When Heros Rise" Character Creation and OOC Thread

"When Heros Rise" Character Creation and OOC Thread
Started by: XornonJay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XornonJay

"When Heros Rise" Character Creation and OOC Thread

Welcome to the "When Hero's Rise" character creation thread!! There are a few rules on making characters and game play that I should throw out now, before you get started:

1:No controlling other peoples character. No likes to end up in a fight, or saying something stupid, when their real plan was to set a trap, or remain silent. A convo written out by one player with another character to keep the story rolling, I can understand, but just remember, some players really like their character to act and be a certain way at all times, and you don't want to mess that up.

2:No gods in human form, or secret elf princes', or super sorcerers. Depending on what kind of characters you guys/gals make, there will probably be some special "powers" handed out by me anyway.

and along the same lines..3:No 22 year old sword masters or 30 year old super wizard. Lets keep it as "realistic" as possible.

All that said, I am a very cooperative host, and if you have some sweet ideas outside of these rules that you want to run by me, please, send them out there, if they can be worked into the plot, I will usually like it.

So.....LETS START!!! Here's the basic layout:
Name:
Class:
Height/Weight/etc(your description):
Bio: (i really like a good bio so feel free to go crazy smile

And descriptions and brief history of all of the races and classes are below. Read carefully, and have a good time. I want these characters to be fun for you to play. And do not take the descriptions I write as law, but as a mold. I want these characters to be original. I'm just writing what I see in my head when I think of these. Please feel free to expound.

Races:

Humans: The humans are split into two states: Cayplan, the northern state, and Belairio, the southern state. The split, in short, was caused over where the capitol of the human province should stay on the ocean, where it was razed to the ground in the first Dark War, or should be moved further inland. Eventually, a group when with a new Queen north, to settle a new capitol, while the others stay in the south, rebuilding their city. Humans as a race are pretty simple. Though they tend to complain often, and some are quite lazy, most are strong folk who love their land, and would do anything to save it.

Elves: The Elves have remained in their forest of Famelrahd, defending their own lands from the newly invading dark men. As elves are not very aggressive in nature, they have not been doing a good job defending their lands, so they have turned to this council that has been convened in order to receive help. Do not be fooled by their lack of defense though, elves not only are incredibly strong, but they are of the smartest beings in Gealan.

Dwarves: The Dwarves have remained aggressive in their fight against the invaders as they don't want to lose their amazing under-mountain city like they did in the first Dark War. Even though the dwarven kingdom has plenty of hands and defensive position to be able to send out help, the governors of the clans refuse to admit they can not hold out forever. Only by lies and going behind the governors back, was the King able to send out the help he wanted. Dwarves are a naturally strong race. The weakest of the dwarves can usually out-lift the strongest man, and they are just as hard in the head as in the hand.

Fairy: Fairies are possibly the most Good race in all of Gealan. A naturally magical race, the fairies tend to keep to themselves and hardly ever let their "true" race known(as they look humans, sometimes elves). The fairies were not heard from until the call to arms was raised, and then they came together and brought all of their magic and strength with them. They will be a great help to the fight against the Evil, as they are strong in both lore knowledge and magic knowledge.

Gnomes: Or half-lings, are many call them, are the queerest of all the races. They not only are head and shoulders shorter then a dwarf, but quite apt at breaking into sound and dance at the most odd times. Though they are odd at times, they are a kind and happy race, and can be quite fierce if the situation calls for it. The gnomes didn't intend to answer the call to the council, but they soon found themselves under attack as well and unable to match the strength of men and ogres they fought.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:02 AM
XornonJay is currently offline Click here to Send XornonJay a Private Message Find more posts by XornonJay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

Classes

Warrior:
You were born to fight. Okay, maybe not born into it, but you're good at it none the less. Whether you be a dwarven warrior, an elven "defensist", a human soldier, or a royal guard to your Liege, you're good to have around when steel in drawn....or when fists are raised.
Weapons: swords, shields, maces, spears, axes, hammers, fists....a big stick...
Skills: see skills section for these

Thief/Spy:
Whether it be for good or bad, you are a sneaky little bastard. You are able to blend in with most any crowd, and move without being seen. Whether you are a spy for your king, or a thief trying to make a living...well it doesn't really matter which you are, because we can't see you either way. ((I will allow a "shady" character here. Not evil, but not a blessing to society, if you know what I mean))
Weapons: daggers, knives, bow, staff
Skills:see skills section for these

Sorcerer:
Blessed with "the spark", at a young age you were invited to one of the four Magic Schools or Gealan: fire, water, earth, or air. The elements chooses you based on your personality (**see special things below**), and since you have learned to harness the element inside of you, you feel like a complete person.
Weapons: knives, staff.....magic! duh!

Ranger/Druid:
Well versed in everything in nature, many rangers have become druids, throwing themselves fully into nature and learning its magic. Rangers are fairly normal folk. Preferring forests to cities, they tend to be outsiders, though some have enlisted as archers and trackers in the ranks. Druids on the other hand are hardly ever seen anywhere near a city, usually living off the land, and keeping council with animals. Oh!... but the things both can do with a bow!...
Weapons: bow, knives, daggers, some nature magic

Paladin/Healer:
As one of the few people who still have faith in the gods of old, you have been blessed with power you do not really understand. It was not long into your life that you noticed wounds that healed quickly, and other who were sick around you getting better at a touch. You are a basic fighter, and even though people tend to look at the talisman of the gods you wear on your armor/clothes with disdain, you hold your head high in battle, knowing you will be safe. Whether you are a fighter with the slight gift, or a healer who has worked on their blessing for years, you work for Good...and you may even bring a non believer to the truth on occasion.
Weapons: sword, shield, staff, spear

Skills:
This is going to be the semi tricky part. Every class has certain skills that they already posses other then the typical riding, climbing, swimming, and other such "normalties". What I need you to do is pick from the list of "available" skills I give for each class, 1 skill that will be "major" skill, which means you can use/do whatever that skill is with ease. After that, I need you to pick 2 more skills that you will have basic usage of. Which means, you can use/do whatever it is, but it takes time, or you are not as eficient when using it. The more you "train" or use these skills though, the stronger they become. If you are confused or have any questions, let me know and I'll try to better describe it.

Fighter Skills:
Known: Weapon Proficiency : you are trained how to use normal one handed weapons

Hand-to-hand Combat : trained to fight with fists ((or maybe you've just been in alot of fights smile ))

Knowledge(Battle): you are trained in battle stratagem

Available: Multi-Weapon Proficency: you are trained in the use of more then just your primary weapon.

Heavy Weapon Proficiency: you are trained to use large, two handed weapons (broad sword, large axes and maces)

Survival: Able to live off the land for an extended amount of time. (hunting, camping, foraging...these all fall under this skill)

Ranger/Druid Skills:
Known: Survival: Able to live off the land for an extended amount of time. (hunting, camping, foraging...these all fall under this skill)

Weapon Proficiency/Nature Magic: if pure Ranger you get Weapon Prof. see above. If Druid, you get Nature Magic: can call on the power of nature and use spells like summoning animals and using plants/trees as weapons.

Knowledge(Land): you have deep knowledge of all the roads, rivers, forests, and plains of Gealan. (during the game this skill will come into play usually by a PM from me telling you that you know the way to go when others don't. Whether you chose to share the way is up to you.....be nice, lol)

Available: Weapon Prof./Nature Magic: you can chose the opposite of the skills that you got above based on your specific class choice.

Major Knowledge(Land): you know all sorts of crazy short cuts and hidden ways. You also have a very detailed memory as to where certain plants and trees grow, as well as where animals stay.

Duel-Wield Weapon: you are trained in to be able to use two of your PRIMARY weapon, one for each hand.

Paladin/Healer Skills:
Known: Weapon Prof.: you are trained how to use normal one handed weapons

Survival: Able to live off the land for an extended amount of time. (hunting, camping, foraging...these all fall under this skill)

Healing: you have the blessed power of being able to heal most injuries and sicknesses. You can also sense sickness in someone.

Available: Major Healing: you can heal poisons and major injuries, like large bone breaks and some possibly fatal wounds if you get there in time.

Heavy-Weapon Prof.: you are trained to use large, two handed weapons (broad sword, large axes and maces)

Knowledge(Battle): you are trained in battle stratagem

Sorcerer Skills:
Known: Knowledge(Magic): you know how to use magic and detect magic in others

Diplomacy: You know what people want to hear, and you can say it well. You can talk to people in places above you, and get them to listen to you. You communicate well and can sway most to your way of thinking.

Available: Major Knowledge(Magic): you can use spells that are stronger then most, and can sence magical items and traps.

Weapon Prof.: you are trained how to use normal one handed weapons

Knowledge(Lore): You are well versed in the history of Gealan and know much of the old magics, the original sorcerers, and mythical beings

Theifs Skills:
Known: Stealth: kind or self explanatory...you can be invisible if wanted, whether through shadows, quiet steps, or a really great disguise.

Slight-of-Hand: you got sticky fingers and can hide it reeeeeealy well.

Knowledge(Cities): you know your way around any city in Gealan. You know the good taverns for information, the alley ways that provide the quickest escapes, the houses with the most money....everything.

Available: Weapon Prof.: you are trained how to use normal one handed weapons

Diplomacy: You know what people want to hear, and you can say it well. You can talk to people in places above you, and get them to listen to you. You communicate well and can sway most to your way of thinking.

***Special Stuff***
The Magic in Gealan is based off of the wielders personality. In a sense, the element chooses you. If your character is an angry, short tempered kind of person, Fire chooses them. Here's the official list of traits and the magic they would fall under. I may allow multiple element wielding, but you better be playing an old person....why you may ask? you will find out in the history I will have in the game thread. Some magics will share traits, this is b/c i feel that that trait could be used by both magics. Take energetic for instance. Fire would use it b/c fire is in constant fast motion, and looking to spread quickly. Air could use it in almost the same way. Again, if you have an idea, run it by me, I will probably agree. These are just molds, and molds get broken.

Fire: short tempered, angry, energetic, excitable, loud, fierce
Water:calm, cool, even tempered, relaxed, quiet, goes with the flow
Air: busy, energetic, annoying, "spazy", super smart(active brain), quick witted
Earth: quiet, steady hearted, stubborn, strong, loyal

Alright everyone, thats all I got. So, if you have any questions, PLEASE let me know or if something doesn't make sense, let me know. Have Fun.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 02:03 AM
XornonJay is currently offline Click here to Send XornonJay a Private Message Find more posts by XornonJay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

i would like it better for you to make ur char first so i know how the Name: Age and other stuff looks please

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 03:48 AM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

ok, no problem. I will post two of my NPC characters this afternoon

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 11:10 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I think the wind personality is a little off tbh.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 11:41 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Well, I'm pretty smashed as I put up this bio but let's see how I go anyhow eh?

Name: Orion Vagar
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Height/Weight/etc: Height 6' 4", Weight 96 kg (f*** knows what that is in pounds lol), black hair, blue eyes
Dislikes/fears/phobias/weaknesses: cowards, liars
Bio: Fiercely loyal to those who command him.. unless betrayed. Will not hesitate to fight those who threaten his physical well being or livelihood. Not necessarily inherently evil, fights for what he believes in. Does lust for some power however.

(Xornon bro, I know it's not in the stuff you outlined, but I had in mind an ability for my dude...was planning that on occasion, when his life is in desperate jeopardy for example, he has the ability to visualize how fights will pan out...'tis how he has survived his time with the dark humans...dunno what you think, but just throwing that out there. Was planning to use an introduction to this ability in my first post but if you're not happy with that just let us know and I'll come up with something else)

Last edited by Decomposition on Aug 11th, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 11:51 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

Decomp: love the idea, go ahead and run with it. Remember to pick other skills also though.

I forgot to put it into the main character layout, but please list the skills you chose, and which is your main skill, and which 2 are your secondary. Also list your primary weapons

Wei: please explain

My NPC, they will not be part of the group at all time, so just because they are a ranger and sorcerer, doesn't mean you can't be one too.

Name: Rador Blackgem
Race: Dwarf
Age: 140 (dwarfs live to about 250, elfs to about 500, gnomes and humans are normal life spans, and fairies....no one knows...)
Class: Sorcerer
Height/Weight/etc: about 4.5 feet, 180 pounds, long dark hair and beard.
Dislikes/fears/phobias/weaknesses: fears rejection by his people, and losing his magic
Skills: Main: Diplomacy Secondaries: Major Knowledge(Magic) and Weapon Prof.
Weapons: two throwing knives and a staff with two emeralds embedded in it

Name: Narku Blackgem
Race: Dwarf
Class: Ranger
Height/Weight/etc: 4.6 feet, 195 pounds, long hair, but well trimmed beard, unlike his race normally wears
Likes: a good tavern with good bear, the forests, and at time, a quiet glade to eat and relax in
Dislikes/fears/phobias/weaknesses: doesn't dislike much other then dark beings and forest killers.
Skills: Main: Duel Wield Weapon Secondaries: Major Knowledge(Land) and Nature Magic
Weapons: two one handed axes, and a bow

Bio for both:
Rador and Narku are twin dwarven brothers. They were born to a family in the mountains of relatively high standing, and were thought to be handicapped at birth. Dwarven twins are considered handicapped because their strength, intelligence, skills, and traits are inherited from their parents, and are split between the two at birth, making them less then normal. They came close to proving their peers right at an early age, as Narku was bigger and somewhat strong then Narku, while Narku was much smarter then his larger brother. The brothers knew this was only normal, as all dwarves have their strengths and weaknesses, but all their people saw was weakness.
Narku was never comfortable under ground, and at a young age began venturing out into the forests surrounding his mountain home. While his friends were chiseling rock and mining, he was whittling wood and planting things.
Rador found out early he was blessed with the spark. He was invited to the Magic school of Air, where he became quite apt at his element. After returning from the magic school, Rador met his brother once again, and they journeyed far and wide. At the onset of the recent invasion, the brothers were the two of many key factors in the salvation of the Dwarven capitol Valhroke, as Rador had a great tactical mind, and Narku was able to use the forests around Valhroke to ambush the enemy camps.
The brothers have come to the council of races of their own accord, as they are still considered out casts by most other dwarves.

hope that helps. Remember, you don't just get the skills you list, you also have the ones that come with being that certain class.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 04:23 PM
Matr0shka
Only I am that I am.

Name: Niko Edge
Class: Thief
Height/Weight/etc: 6'1" 176 Ibs
Likes: Knives that are easily concealed. People that wave muny around so he can take it
Dislikes/fears/phobias/weaknesses: Dislikes abnormal magic, weak agianst magic thats not a element
Skills: Multiple knives to use agianst his enemies, very fast just like how he steals
Weapons: Kukri Knive, throwing knives. Pic ill post later
Bio: nothing special

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 06:34 PM
Matr0shka is currently offline Click here to Send Matr0shka a Private Message Find more posts by Matr0shka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnite127
Megami

(OOC: Yay for being 20! More importantly, yay for best friends buying Patron…lack of functionality aside, here’s my character bio happy )

Name: Genevieve "Janey" Portfoot
Race: Gnome
Class: Druid
Height/Weight/etc: 4'6''/ 115lbs/tanned, dark brown eyes, her intensely dark hair is kept in a ponytail, the grey bang swept to the left complimenting the color.
Likes: adventures in the wild, a challenge...and the occasional drink
Dislikes/fears/phobias/weaknesses: being whispered about for her taller than usual height, her height, being out-drank
Skills:
Main:Nature Magic Secondaries: Duel-Wield Weapon
Weapons: More of a close combat fighter, when the occasion arises where Janey actually needs a weapon she uses her dual swords (which are daggers in the hand of a taller fighter) and her bow.
Bio: (Later precious, this will be revealed in story  )

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 07:03 AM
midnite127 is currently offline Click here to Send midnite127 a Private Message Find more posts by midnite127 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Name: Petal Silverwand
Race: Fairy
Class: Paladin
Height/Weight/etc: Fairy Form - 0'5/2lbs ((I have no idea if that is anywhere near Accurate.)) Human form - 5'8 / 138 lbs
Dislikes/fears/phobias/weaknesses: Dislikes Mean People - Fears Fire - Arachnaphobia - Weak against Magic
Skills: Main - Major Healing / Secondary - Knowledge(Battle) & Heavy Weapon Prof
Weapons: Main Weapon is a Spear, Secondary Weapon is a Short Sword

First Photo is what she looks like as a Fairy.

Attachment: a-fascinating-bloom.jpg
This has been downloaded 81 time(s).

Last edited by Scarlet Fox on Aug 12th, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 10:08 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Human Form

Just Imagine the white Clothing is Red

Attachment: femalewarrior.jpg
This has been downloaded 85 time(s).

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 10:09 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Here is my amended character info with the skills and weapons I forgot to put in my other post...

Name: Orion Vagar
Height/Weight/etc: Height 6' 4", Weight 96 kg (f*** knows what that is in pounds lol), black hair, blue eyes
Dislikes/fears/phobias/weaknesses: cowards, liars
Skills: Primary - Weapon Proficiency , Secondary - Multi-Weapon Proficiency and Heavy Weapon Proficiency
Weapons: 1x Long Sword (has a Panther Head pommel w/ amber eye insets - it's name is Slash), 3x 6 inch Daggers (Dark metal w/ ivory and amber hilts), 1x Elvish Short Sword (a trophy obtained after slaying a high ranked elf in battle, Orion's greatest conquest thus far)

Bio: Fiercely loyal to those who command him.. unless betrayed. Will not hesitate to fight those who threaten his physical well being or livelihood. Not necessarily inherently evil, fights for what he believes in. Does lust for some power however.

On occasion, when his life is in desperate jeopardy for example, he has the ability to visualize how fights will pan out...'tis how he has survived his time with the dark humans!

Does not go anywhere without his most trusted friend, his sword Slash. Cannot stand to be parted from it for an instant. Is this a weakness or a strength? only time will tell...

Last edited by Decomposition on Aug 13th, 2009 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 07:08 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

alrighty, probably gonna post the history and a begining post tonight along with a couple of party memebers that it looks like I will have to play, and we'll get this party started.

Last edited by XornonJay on Aug 13th, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 10:39 AM
XornonJay

Name: Alexander Borton
Description: See photo
Dislikes: anyone evil, being called "alex"
Weapons: guard issued sword and shield (his fathers)
Skills: Main: heavy weapon prof. Secondary: Multi weapon and survival

Bio: Alexander was said to have been born with his sword and shield in hand, and loyalty to the king in his heart. He was born in the capitol city of the South, Tibus, to a royal guard and his loving wife. Alexander was taught the sword and shield at an early age, and loyalty to king was ground into his head. In his 21st year, he was inducted into the royal guard under his father the captian, and began living his dream.
Having served loyally for 4 years, his true merit wasn't tested until the dark beings attacked the city. His father fell early, and Alexander quickly rallied the guard to himself, bringing order and lead and sterling defense against the onslaught. After the battle ended, with the loyalty of the men behind him, and his father as the shadow to fill, Alexander became the guard captain, and has now been summoned by his King.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 04:10 PM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

I posted a kind of intro thing for Petal. I hope it was a good one.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 11:49 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I'll make my character tomorrow afternoon

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 07:34 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Name: Garruk Revane (Ruh-Vain)
Race: Fairy
Class: Sorcerer
Height/Weight: 198 lbs, 5'8
Likes: Intelligence, competence and learning. He is open and tolerant of all races seeing none above the other.
Skils: Knowledge(Magic) Major Knowledge Magic, Knowledge(Lore)
Dislikes/fears/phobias/weaknesses: Idiocy, rashness, overconfidence, cockiness and arrogance. He fears nothing, seeing that life itself is the greatest test one can endure. His main weakness is that she trusts everyone regardless of how shady they may appear.
Bio: Will fill this out later have to run.

You Wa Shock!

Last edited by Wei Phoenix on Aug 14th, 2009 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 08:47 PM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Zomg u made a chick!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 08:55 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I've been making chicks quite recently. I like balance in rps. One woman is like just asking for all of the guys to want to save her and be her friend. This is my third recent female I made, Musa, Tana, and Musa 2.0 in that other rp I told you about.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 08:57 PM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Musa isnt really a girl though. I dont know WHAT Musa is. But meh. I was kinda hoping u made a guy fairy. Petal will get all Lonley. wink

Edit/Add: I just noticed I never made a Bio for Petal. o.o

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 08:59 PM