KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » "When Hero's Rise": RP forum (Open to All)

"When Hero's Rise": RP forum (Open to All)
Started by: XornonJay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

((It'll get more lengthy the more I get into this character and story.))

Jace Revane entered the council without his sacred staff, he felt that it would be a sign of disrespect to bring a weapon into this place, it would show a lack of trust, and a lack of understanding, something Jace learned long ago. He was unfamiliar with the exact reason why he was summoned here, and he was notoriously known for knowing almost everything. To him the thought of not knowing was very exciting for someone like him. He stood waiting patiently by the side, the light could cause a light glare reflecting off of his ebony skin. His eyes were light brown, with a small twinkle within them, his long black hair ran down past his shoulders.

He looked around and saw a few familiar faces along with some unfamiliar ones. The ones he could recall, they weren't close enough for him to just go up and acknowledge them. Jace showed his respects to everyone within the room and bowed to each King and Queen with an equal amount of respect towards all of them. He simply hoped that everyone else would practice the same amount of tolerance and respect he showed. The appearance of the royal families must mean something important, and whatever they needed he was ready to lay down his agenda and serve this world with unwavering devotion.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 01:22 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

((i am going to assume everyone who hasn't posted made it to the council))

Alexander stood at rigid attention beside his king as the witnesses filed into the limited seating. As he waited for the talking to begin, Alexander took a moment to look around the room at the royalty and their guards.

The dwarven king Mordh had a very stout dwarf standing beside him, who looked nearly twice the size of any dwarf Alexander had ever seen. King Gandolas had an elf that Alexander recognized from the night before. He was a stern elf, who had the look of distrust and discomfort about him. The Centuar king and the fairy queen did not have guards, though that was understandable, as the fairy probably had enough magic to kill them all before they blinked, and the centaur was stronger then any five of them put together, including the dwarves.

The most interesting guard was the woman who sat beside Queen Melaine though. She looked to be in her mid-thirties, and had Alexander not known better, looked completely harmless. Her name was Rose Token, and contrary to her looks, she was an elder lady, nearing 55 in age. She had been a close friend to the royal family for some time, or so Alexander had heard, yet what her gifts were, or how dangerous she was, was a mystery to all. Alexander had heard rumors though. "She had killed a minotaur with not but a knife," said one guard. "She needs only to look at you to kill you," said another. "I saw her make a whole troop of Darkmen fall from the walls one time. Just by raising her hand!"
Whatever the rumors, she was always with her queen, and Alexander respected anyone loyal to their liege.

As the crowd began to quiet down, and the doors to outside were shut, the queen rose.

"We are here, as most of you know, in order to bring our nations together in a united front against the Dark Beings. Though I have arranged this meeting, and am the host ruler, I do not consider myself the foremost speaker. As many of you know, I am not even a year into my rule. That being said, I would implore you all to view this not as a meeting of rulers, but as the gathering of mutual friends to discuss the next step in a intricate dance that involves us all." Queen Melaine let out a visibly shaky breathe and seating herself again.

The other leaders looked around the table at each other, nodding. The centaur king spoke first. "Well spoken human queen. But enough with formality." There was an uncomfortable shifting in the seats above. "If this is truly to be a meeting of mutuals, let us not hide words. My people are dieing in increasing numbers daily. We do not have city walls to hide behind, or large numbers to put together an army with. We need help."

Gandolas spoke now, visibly upset. "Sir, everyone here has people that are dieing. We would not be here if we did not all have troubles that needed immediate attention. My own capitol would have fallen to the Dark armies had my War Councilor Izic Eldor had not stepped forward to lead our people." He motioned to the elf standing beside him who bowed his head.

King Mordh also chimed in. "We dwarves may had a strong defensive position, but our supplies can only last the next month or so. With the Dark Woods filled with these vile Dark Beings, it is impossible to send out a convoy for supplies."

Alexanders king also added his bit, describing the loss of many small cities and the over filling capitol and other large cities. Queen Melaine said much of the same. "You humans think that is trial," roared the centaur. "My peoples number dwindles to near extinction, and you think the loss of a couple of cities full of farmers is trial? I am losing family!"

King Thomas rose in anger. "See now centaur. Our numbers maybe greater, but that does not lessen the life of each person. And even if it did, I am losing a thousand to your ten."

The centaur growled and stomp a hoof angrily. The other rulers eyed the two cautiously. Centaurs were quite renowned for their lack of patience. When all looked to be coming apart, a faint laugh brought all eyes to the fairy queen.

"May I ask what is so funny, your grace," asked King Mordh. "Has not the fairy kind seen trouble in these days?"

"Oh quite," answered the queen. "In fact, I have the names of all who have perished here." She reached into her cloak and pulled out a scroll. Laying it on the table, she rolled the scroll open and the leaders gasped. The scroll continued to roll open until it fell off the table, and along the entire piece of parchment, there were written thousands of names, all in elegant hand writing that was certainly the queens.

"As you see, we have lost many. But, as has already been stated, so have all of us." She stood and looked at each leader in turn. "I came to this gathering hoping to be apart of a wonderful union of races. I see, however, that you would all rather bicker about who is worse off." The queen looked at the centaur. "King, if your kind is truly as bad off as you say, why not ask the elves to open their cities to you. That would give you a place to defend and in turn, you could provide your skill in battle to elves."

King Gandolas raised his eyebrows at this thought. The centaurs would certainly be a welcome force to his new army. The elves were new to offensive fighting, where the centaurs were not one to sit back and defend. "I would be more then willing to allow the centaur kin into our cities if it would help preserve their race."

The centaur king looked at Gandolas in shock for an instance, then bowed his head low. "My people would be eternally grateful, and would certainly help the elven kind strengthen their army." There was a cheer from the witnesses who the leaders had forgotten all about. The people knew they were witnessing history.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a hour of talk, the rulers had come to an agreement on much. The dwarves were to receive supplies from King Thomas in the south by boat to the under ground port city in the Collum Mountains. The Northern cities, along with the elven forest, were opened to any and all of the fairies or centaurs that chose to take refuge. The north and south would put differences aside combine two of their legions, creating a mass army that would be ready to move to the assistance and any that needed it.

The most important part of the meeting though, was at the end when Queen Melaine rose again and spoke to all. "I am so pleased that we have been able to come together like this." The other leader smiled at one another. Even the centaur looked somewhat fondly at the other leaders. "But all of this is for not if we are not able to stay in touch with one another." At this, the queen motioned behind her, and Rose Token rose and places a wooden box on the table.

Looking at the leaders, Rose spoke confidently. "I will be giving each of you a talisman that is shaped to match your royal crest." She handed each necklace to it respective owner. "The talisman is crafted with air and water magic. When places in a blessed bowl of water, and the magic words are spoke, which I will give you shortly, the water will carry your voice to water in the bowls of any leader you choose." Rose sat back down, and the queen rose again.

"I think that concludes this meeting." Melaine looked up at the crowd. "Thank you for witnessing this historic event." There was a thunderous applause and a chorus of cheers. The group of leaders all rose, and filed out the door in the back of the room, presumably to the queens chambers to be told the magic behind the talismans.

Everyone talked of the meeting as they left. Things were going to change now. The leaders were coming together. There was no force on earth that could stop a united Gealna. As all the beings were ushered out of the council room, the guards watched the doors carefully. They had special instructions.

As the dwarven brothers Rador and Narku near the door, the guard holds up a hand. "Sirs, could you please stay behind for a while." Though confused, the brothers are curious and turn around. As they look around, they see others being stopped.

Genevieve Portfoot, Petal Silverwand,Jace Revane, Izic Eldor, Alexander Borton, and a few others all have been denied the exit. As the group stare around the room at each other, Rose Token comes through the door the kings and queens had exited through.

"Hello ambassadors. I know that you are wondering why you are here. Why you have been specifically invited. All I can say in at this time, in this room, is that your leaders and your land need you. If you are strong enough to take on a burden for your land, please follow me." With that Rose steps back into the room.

((Here it is folks. The looming door of "The Beginning". Sorry that was so long.... and now i have to go to bed [the wife i calling wink ]. This is when we start the interactive part. Who's going through the door? Go ahead and write out your take on the council if you want. If you go into the room, you find all the leaders sitting in chairs waiting for.....well, you. If you want to start conversing with them or each other go ahead. I'll try to be pretty good about posting replies from any characters I'm controlling.
Was hoping to get some more takers, but oh well. If any of you want to run two characters let me know, and we'll see what we can do))

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 02:05 AM
XornonJay is currently offline Click here to Send XornonJay a Private Message Find more posts by XornonJay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Petal stood and watched as the Leaders bickered bac kand forth. The Centaur leader growing angry. Then the Fairy queen spoke up and when she was finished the Centaur leader calmed. Petal just grinned. ... always sweet with your words... Ever since childhood.. She giggled softly and it echoed to those close to her, making them look to her briefly. She smiled to them and returned her attention to the meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the meeting at an end Petal began to make her way out. She was sure they would be summoned later, but she was stopped by a Guard. Oddly enough it was the Same one again. You are Miss Peal Silverwand correct? Petal nodded her head and smiled softly. Why yes I am. Its good to see you again. I am begining to think fate wants us to be friends. He nodded Perhaps it is Miss Silverwand. However I must ask you to remain here. You are needed. Petal nodded, understanding. So they were to wait here then.Thank you sir. Could you tell me your name please? The guard blushed a little but answered. My name? It is Lavitz Ma'am. Lavitz Slambert. ((10 points if you know that name)) Petal nodded her head. I shall remember it Sir Slambert. she bowed her head again and then turned to see others being stopped. She then looked towards the door the leader went through as the Queens guard steps out and speaks. She nods lightly then waves to Lavits Slambert before following and entering the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Petal saw all the leaders sitting and chatting with each other and bows to them all before she makes her way over to the Fairy Queen. The Fairy Queen stands up and her and Petal, surprisingly, hug. Petal. So glad you could make it. The Queen speaks holding Petals arms, a B-U-tiful smile upon her lips. Please my queen. Yo do not have to stand up because of me. The Fairy Queen gives her a soft smile. Well, if you are going to be ordering me around I might as well. She gave a sly smile to Petal before taking her seat. Some of the other leaders where just looking at her, though they didnt know who she was... she thought. Petal bows her head slightly to them all once more before making her way back to the front where she figured them to stay at.

Last edited by Scarlet Fox on Aug 20th, 2009 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 02:37 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnite127
Megami

((OOC: Bideogame da yo? Though I totally cheated and googled it, I *did* briefly play the game Sir Slambert is from...))

“Hello Ambassadors. I know that you are wondering…”

The rest of the woman’s speech was tuned out the moment the word “Ambassadors” left her lips. So much for that drink…Oy. Janey’s eyes trailed down the line of other individuals delayed at the gates, the strange characters belonging to one of the many races represented in the earlier procession. Counting the number of people representing each race, she stopped on herself, a mixture of amused and disappointed at realizing she was the only Gnome in the crowd. Least I’m not the only short one. Moving her eyes back onto the speaker, she caught her final words.

“…if you are strong enough to take on a burden for your land, please follow me.” With a final look over at the nominated candidates, Rose turned around and proceeded back into the main room.

“Hmm,” Raising an eyebrow as the woman walked away, Janey cocked her head. “Guess I’ll be burdened.” She licked her lips and grinned as she followed after the woman.

Janey entered the Queen’s chambers with a questioning smile, the Halfling finding it oddly comforting to be in the presence of the mostly diverse group. The towering King of the Centaurs, the exotic Queen of the Fairies; the gruff mighty Dwarf King, the unmatched elegance of the Elf leader, and then there were the human King and Queen, the brains behind the scheme; the strangest of them all. “Interesting.”

Tapping her lips with an index finger, her eyes scanned the large chamber as her footsteps wandered carelessly. She stopped in front of a gold plaque, her brown eyes glued to the fancy italic words. With a sigh, she turned and bowed to Queen Melaine. “My condolences,” She straightened herself up. “Your mother was one of the few who could tolerate me with a smile. I am sorry to read of her passing. Even though I believe my height is indicative of my identity, nonetheless, I am Genevieve Portfoot.”

Queen Melaine looked the Gnome over in scrutiny. “I thought you said you could not read.”

Genevieve offered an apologetic smile. “I also said I was dead…but much like things in this room,” Her gaze darted between the King and Queen. She held up her index finger, a sparkle in her eye. “…not everything is as seems, eh?”

“My, aren’t you rather bold?” The Queen stared at Genevieve in something close to titillation but not quite.

“Indeed!” Janey rocked back and forth on her heels, hands swinging behind her head. She beamed at the figure of authority like a child would to a parent, the Halfling the apex of innocence and joviality.

“Mother informed me of you, Miss Portfoot.” The Queen pouted in a moment of contemplation. “Would you care to know what she said?” Watching as Janey turned an ear towards her, the Queen beckoned for her to move closer. She waited until the Gnome was directly in front of her before speaking in a whisper. “She said, ‘If the time ever arrives that you meet Miss Portfoot, watch her carefully. The way she talks, she smiles, listen to everything she says…then disregard it almost completely.'”

Janey’s brow shot up, the last part of the Queen’s sentence catching her off guard. “Oh?”

“I am not finished,” The woman of power grinned. Assuming a pose that eerily resembled the grace of her dead mother, she continued. “‘While she is sincere in her charm and she will be a smart ass, she is a valuable asset and both cutthroat and precise the rare occasion she is serious. If you doubt my words, look her in the eyes.'”

“What do you see?” asked Janey, both curious and indifferent to the deceased queen’s speculations.

“Truth,” answered Queen Melaine simply. “You enter this hall surrounded by the powerful, the foreign, the strong…and yet, your mannerism is casual, carefree even. Potentially there is a demon lurking underneath your deceivingly harmless demeanor. Present company will soon find out.” Finished the Queen in a mysterious air.

Janey smirked, pleased by the Queen’s response. In the times that she had worked under the former Queen, she hadn’t imagined her actions were monitored that closely. And oh so accurately. However, it was not in her best interest to seem as capable as she actually was. Modesty will be the death of me… Janey sighed. “Your mother flatters me. Your mother also knew me in different times. Granted, I believe I am still…decent at what I do. And I can promise you I will do it well. But I would like to think dying has granted me a new perspective on life and perhaps things have changed.”

“Someday you should explain that.”

“Someday.” The Gnome gave the Queen a lopsided grin. Lowering her head in respect, she turned her attention away from the woman and focused on the approaching meeting at hand.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 07:38 PM
midnite127 is currently offline Click here to Send midnite127 a Private Message Find more posts by midnite127 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFiend
W-What?!

=Izic Eldor made his way in the back room with the others. He stopped in the doorway then looked about before fully entering. Izic stood to the side watching the events. Petal, the one with the bright Pink eyes, Hugging the one who was the Fairy Queen in Human form. Petal was a Fairy as well then... and one who knows the Fairy Queen well if the Queen speaks so casualy with her. Interesting. His eyes go to the Gnome and Queen Melaine. From the conversation he put together that they didnt know eachother but through the Former Queen know OF each other. He eyed the Gnome a moment, She was in service to the Former Queen. And apparently she has died? He dismisses that idea. If she had died she wouldnt be here. He then looked to his own King who was waving him over. Izic Keldor bowed his head lightly before walking over and standing beside him.=

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 10:12 PM
ShadowFiend is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFiend a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFiend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

The black panther stopped in his tracks at the sight of the white panther, hackles rising.

A white panther? Impossible!

And yet, here I am…and you are done.

The black panther dug his claws into the turf as the white panther tensioned on its haunches.

Checkmate!

The white panther uncoiled in a storm of tooth and fang…

“DINNER! COME AND GET IT!”

Orion jerked out of his nightmare with a startled gasp, eyes darting around the room. When he realized he was safe, he threw the covers off with a curse and eased his way out of the bed.

“DINNER!”

Wincing at the shout, he used his nose to navigate his way through the house to the kitchen, the smell of a rich stew drawing him on. It was gloriously warm in the kitchen and he sat down at the table with a sigh of pleasure.

“About time you got up, sleepy head,” the girl beamed at him and plonked a bowl of steaming stew in front of him. “Here, eat. Would you like a hot Temerak drink with that?”

Orion’s brows almost launched off his head. “Temerak? You…have Temerak here?”

“Uh huh.”

“I’d love one!” he replied, mouth salivating at the thought. Temerak was a very rare herb found only around the Collum Mountains. It made a rather delicious spicy drink when boiled in water. It was Orion’s favourite drink.

So, I’m somewhere near the mountains…

The girl set the cup down in front of him then proceeded to serve herself. Once settled over her stew she sat there eyeing him, spoon hovering over her bowl.

“So, mister, what’s your name?”

Orion eyed her in return. He wasn’t really one to just throw his name about will-nilly, but he couldn’t imagine this girl being any threat to him. “My name is Orion...in some circles I'm known as the Black Panther. And you are?”

“Merailin…but my Da called me Merry.”

“Called?”

At that her face fell a little. “Da died three years ago, in the Battle of Cutter’s Path.”

Orion frowned. “Never heard of a Battle of Cutter’s Path. Never even heard of Cutter’s Path for that matter, and I’ve seen most places in Gealan.”

“Just because you’ve never heard of it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen…people just don’t see all that goes on in Gealan.”

“Or don’t want to know,” Orion said. “I know…I’ve seen it too often. What about your mother?”

“I never knew her; she died giving birth to me…”

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have pried”

She flashed him a grin, pushing her sad memories away. “I don’t mind, really. It just gives me an excuse to pry into your past!”

Orion snorted. He eyed her until she asked what he was staring at. “How does a girl so young survive on her own for so long?”

Merry slapped the table top in indignation. “I am not a girl! I’m thirteen!”

Orion held up his hands in surrender. “Sorry. How then, does a young lady survive on her own?’

She harrumphed and swelled up with pride. “My Da taught me to use the bow. I can hunt like the best of ‘em,” she paused, eyeing his arm. “Lucky for you, he taught me how to tend arrow wounds. Nasty barbed numbers I pulled from you too. Dark beings?”

“Let’s just say I’m not as nice a person as you may think.”

“Oh, I don’t know, you don’t seem so bad.”

“I care for naught but what’s good for me. If it’ll make me rich, I’d kill an unborn in the womb.”

“Looking out for oneself is not such an evil crime, mister. After all, one can’t change the world if they are dead.”

Orion chuckled at her and shook his head.

Merry put her hands on her hips. “What’s so funny, mister?”

Last edited by Decomposition on Aug 21st, 2009 at 06:59 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 06:55 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

“Oh, nothing really, I just didn’t expect the wisest words I’ve probably ever heard to come from the lips of a thirteen year old girl.”
“I am not a girl!” she squealed and threw her spoon at him, which he ducked and burst out laughing. She couldn’t keep a straight face for long and soon joined him.

When they had calmed themselves she put her elbows up on the table and rested her face in her palms. “So, tell me mister, were you born with those strange eyes?”

Orion put on a guarded expression. “No I…it’s a long story.”

She grinned at him. “I’ve got all the time in the world.”

He sighed, “I guess this is the part where you get to pry into my past, eh?”

“You got it, mister. Spill.”

“Very well,” he made himself more comfortable. “It happened when I was ten; my father and I were riding in the outskirts of the Dark Forest. It was a day like any other…”

((OOC: I shall post the back story of how Orion became the Black Panther when I return from my trip...)

Last edited by Decomposition on Aug 21st, 2009 at 07:00 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 06:56 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

(((Ok, so....Hurricane Bill is sending some amazing surf right into the coast of Virginia Beach, which happens to be where I live. So, I may get some posting done tonight or tomorow night, but I'll be spending alot of time at the parents house, so, we shall see.)))

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 10:35 PM
XornonJay is currently offline Click here to Send XornonJay a Private Message Find more posts by XornonJay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Petal Shifts in her spot a little as she waits for the meeting to start.

((AKA: Bump))

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 07:26 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Jace answers the call and walks through the door. He kept his head humbly low out of respect to the royal families of each race. He bowed to each King and Queen. This so called "burden" was not as heavy to him as it would seem to others. Jace himself was ready to lay down his life in service of his Queen. He bowed to the Fairy Queen and to the woman who seemed to be so close to her. He didn't know who she was nor was he able to recognize her as someone of political power, but she had to have some importance to her if she's so friendly with his Queen. He bowed once more and verbally paid his respects to his Queen. "Good day my Queen, I am Jace Revane, a humble servant to the throne. I thank you, your guest and your fellow Kings and Queens for having me here. Whatever it is you may need of my talents then I humbly lay down my entire agenda for you."

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 01:06 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

((sorry for the wait everyone. The call of the ocean has been fulfilled, now time to play))

Queen Melaine stands and motions you all to sit. "Welcome everyone. I am sure you are curious as to why you have been called together, and I hope we can answer all of your questions shortly.

"As is apparent, our land is under attack. The meeting we have had today will bring our nations together to fight the Evil in the open. Now, what we need is a united front that the Evil can not see coming."

Queen Melaine motioned to King Thomas, who rose to speak. "Queen Melaine and I have been forming a plan for months now. We want to set up a group of beings who will work as our dagger in the dark. A force that is strong, yet small, and able to do battle with the darkness, but never be found afterwards."

King Thomas motioned to his fellow leaders. "I asked each of the leaders here to give me names of people of there own race who have shown bravery, or strength, or wits to the caliber that will be needed. Many of the names we received we have heard before, or had the pleasure of meeting before," the king nodded to both Alexander and the dwarven brothers, as many knew the brothers from their deeds in the mountain fights.

"We have called you all here now to ask you to help us. As a united land, we can now face the armies of the Evil, but if we can find the heart of this new rebellion before there is war.....well, I just don't think Gealan can survive another Dark War."

At this Queen Melaine stood back up. "To whittle it down to a simple statement, we wish to use you as instruments of battle. Will you help us defeat the Evil?"

(((Ok, I need everyone to post a response so that I know how many active players I have. This is when I'll be deciding if we need to have multiple characters from some of you, so if you want to write two characters, be thinking.)))

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 12:45 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

((I'll get a response up tonight or tomorrow, but I know that Scarlet and Zal aren't able to post until Wednesdays due to their schedules.))

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 12:53 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Orion rocked gently with the motion of his mount as he basked in the warm sunlight; it would be a while until he saw the sun again once they had entered the forest for the hunt so he wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. Beside him his father rode in silence, emotions playing across his features as if an internal war was raging inside him. Orion knew what his problem was, but kept his mouth shut, waiting for his father to speak for himself.

Finally, after some time, his father regarded him with a cautious expression. “Orion, I have to…well, there’s something you must know…” he grimaced and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

“Yes, father?” Orion put on an expectant expression.

“Orion, your mother and I have decided to separate. Now, before you say anything,” his father added quickly, “I want you to know that it is of no fault of yours and we both love you very much.”

Orion regarded his father, frowning. “I know it’s not my fault, father. I know exactly why you are separating.”

His father looked shocked and terrified all at once. “You…you do?”

“Really father, an Elf? You of all people should know such relationships only end in heartache. She’ll outlive you by two centuries for crying out loud!”

“Now see here Ori-”

“No, I will not see here, father, and let me tell you something. If you even think about siring a half breed whelp that’ll outlive me I will kill the little bastard before he can take his first breath, do I make myself clear?”

His father’s face looked like a thunder cloud ready to burst after the threat rolled out, and Orion wondered if he might draw his blade on his own son right then and there. The suddenly, his expression changed, eyes widening in fear. “Orion, get down!”

The expression and the authority of the shout made his duck instinctively, but he was too slow. A black mass flew over his head, clipping him and sending him tumbling from his saddle, where he landed flat on his back, his breath knocked out of him. Gasping for breath, he watched through a daze as the black creature slammed into his father’s chest, knocking him from his mount. His father hit the ground hard, but rolled, coming up with sword in hand.

The black mass turned out to be a large, sleek black cat and it sat now tensed on its haunches, a rumbling growl working its way up its throat as it prepared to pounce. It launched and his father ducked and rolled, coming up into a run and sprinted for the forest.

“Get out of here Orion! Save yourself!”

The cat charged into the tree line after his father and Orion struggled to his feet, drawing his own blade. He had barely taken two steps when a horrible animal shriek echoed through his skull and a piercing human scream echoed from the forest.

“Father!” he sprinted into the forest, running faster than he ever had before. He came skidding to a halt, slipping in something wet and splatting face first onto the forest floor, his sword slipping out of his grip and sliding away. He rose slowly, trembling, soaked in ichor; it was his fathers’ blood. The body before him was shredded, one arm completely detached, the skin of his upper body and torso torn open, intestines and part of his stomach lying bare to see.

Orion threw up violently at the sight and it was only as he raised his head that he noticed the cat was still there, glaring at him, blood dripping from a slash in its side. Orion went to draw his sword, cursing when his hand came to the empty scabbard, remembering he had already drawn it. His eyes darted around and come to rest on his blade, lying directly in front of the cat.

Orion clenched his jaw and set his feet. There was nothing for it now, so he may as well go down fighting. “You will pay for attacking one of my blood, beast!”

The cat rumbled a growl and sprang at him so fast he couldn’t even move in time and it slammed into him like a cannon ball. He landed hard, but had presence of mind to bring his foot up and slam it into the cats’ nether region. It screeched and flung itself away. Stopping a few yards from him, the cat sat panting and whining, obviously in pain.

Orion eased himself to his feet, body aching and began to move slowly towards his sword. The cat, still in pain, hobbled to the blade quickly and sat its backside on top of the blade.

Orion arched a brow. “Smart beast, you’re no ordinary cat, are you?”

His only answer was another frontal attack but this time the cat was slower and Orion had time to slam his fist into the side of the beasts head before it slammed into him. They hit the ground next to each other and Orion sprang to his feet as quick as his body would let him to deliver a swift kick to the creatures jaw. A tooth went flying and it screeched and fled away to a safe distance.

Panting, it eyed him warily, blood dripping from its mouth, tongue lolling from the exertion.

You are strong for your age, boy.

Orion shook his head as the comment echoed through his skull. What the hell?

The cat took advantage of his confusion and came at him, hammering into his legs with as much force as it could muster, sending him flipping over completely to land hard on his back. Ivory teeth clamped down on his knee, bone cracked and he screamed. His hand hit something and through the tears he saw it was his fathers’ sword. He gripped the blade and with all of his strength swung the over sized sword at the cat, cutting clean through its head and his own leg.

He didn’t really feel the pain, such was his shock and as he lay there drifting in and out of consciousness a dozen black shapes slinked through the trees towards him. They surrounded him glaring and as he watched, the nearest of the cats sank back on its haunches; he was about to die.

Enough!

The command that rattled through his head caused the cat about to spring to reluctantly relax and a much larger, older and scarred beast hovered before his vision. There is something about this one… It turned to the others. Bring the boy; he is not to be harmed. With that, the old beast slinked away again and before he knew anything else, Orion passed out into darkness.

((The back story shall continue…))

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 05:14 AM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
((I'll get a response up tonight or tomorrow, but I know that Scarlet and Zal aren't able to post until Wednesdays due to their schedules.))

Well The begining of the week i have to catch up on paper work and Zal has Mondays and tuesdays off his job so he doesnt even bother getting online. He goes out to bars and stuff with his friends and stuff.))

Petal stood from her seat. I am happy to put my life on the line for my people and for the people of those in this room. She smiled, Beautifully, at them all then smiles to the Fairy queen who was smiling only half heartedly.

sry thats best i can do right now i was just checkin email and im too tired to make a big post.))

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 07:15 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

((Holy crap you're up late. Paperwork? I bet you're a sexy librarian.))

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 07:16 AM
ShadowFiend
W-What?!

((dude, Its Police paper work. She goes in around 9am and doesnt get back until real late. Not only does she have to do the paper work but all her other duties. ))

=Izic closed his eyes for a moment then opened them.=

I too will lay my life down for the cause.

=He put his fist to his chest and bowed to the queen.=

((yeah not much else I can post... ))

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 06:41 PM
ShadowFiend is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFiend a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFiend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

The queen smiles. "Alright then, the first order of buisness is to figure out where you are to go first. Before you entered, we decided to send you to a small town just north west of here that was just attacked. There is strange talk of Dark Beings coming up from the ground during the attack. You should head to this town, talk to any survivors and figure out where these attacks keep coming from. We believe the largest contigentancy of Dark Beings are in the Dark Forest, and if your information proves this right, that may be where you head."

King Thomas stood up and nodded to the group. "Gather any supplies you may need and be on your way. There are horses in the palace stables for you all. Our only request is to be informed before you move into the Dark Forest, as we are not sure if we will be able to contact you via magic once you have entered." The king bowed his head and touched a small talismen around his neck. "May the gods go with you and keep you."

(((Okay folks, its all you now. This is when this game becomes semi- unhosted, as you will now write for anyone you come in contact with, except people in power [kings, queens, mayors] unless it is on a casual basis. You can skip right to the journey, or write what supplies ou gather, then the journey, or whatever. Create your adventure. I will be here for when you get back into the storyline [aka: into the town your headed to] to give you important info and suck.)))

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 11:41 PM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Petal walked up to the king and Queen. I have a request your majestys. There was a Guard who was most helpful to me while I was here. His name is Lavitz Slambert and I wished to Request he accompany me. If, it is not too much trouble. Petal smiled beautifully to them both.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 11:46 PM
XornonJay

((I would like to see a character sheet on Slambert if you could, unless he's going to be identical to the name sake in Legends of Dragoon, then I know him well and need no explaination))

The queen nods her approval to Petal. "I don't see why another set of hands and strong heart would be a bad thing. I will call for Sir Slambert to join you at the northern gates when you depart."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 01:01 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Orion woke from his slumber warm and comfortable on a stone slab covered in soft leaves that he couldn’t put a name to. There was no fire that he could see, but the place was quite warm, which was strange for the dark forest, if indeed that was still where he was.

He remembered, then, his injured leg and sat up gingerly to inspect the damage. He sat there, staring dumbly at a completely unblemished knee. There was nothing there to evidence the cat bite at all.

Good evening, boy.

Orion started violently at the intrusion in his skull and backed away from the dark shape that slinked towards him, its amber eyes glowing with an unnatural light. His back hit the rock wall behind him, he was trapped with no where to run.

Relax boy, I mean you no harm.

The scarred cat that he remembered as the leader regarded him with head tilted to one side, tongue running across its canines in an act that Orion suspected was just subconscious habit.

Only one human besides yourself has ever killed one of my kind, did you know that, boy? The cats eyes glanced to his left and he followed its gaze to his fathers’ sword. It sat against the stone, amber crystals gleaming in the cat head pommel with the same unnatural light as the beast before him.

We took him in, much as we have you now, and sent him through the Trials. He survived them and we accepted him as one of our own.

Orion frowned, eyes still one the blade. “Then why did that cat kill my father?”

The beast made a sound that sounded close to a sigh. I’m sorry to say your father was a greedy man, Orion, and when offered a fortune to bring parts of us back as trophies for the rich, well, let us just say he showed his true colours.

Orion nodded. He’d seen enough of his fathers’ behavior to know he wasn’t the nicest or most loyal man around. Well, he certainly paid for it. He turned to face the cat. “Tell me what you want of me.”

The cat regarded him for some time before it moved closer to sit on its haunches in front of him. I want you to become the man your father should have been. I want you to bring our kind to dominance in Gealan.

Orion snorted. “Cats will never be the dominant species in Gealan…”

Firstly, we are Panthers, the beast said testily. Secondly, I am not talking about panthers per se, rather those of us that are gifted with the mind speech, among other things. Boy-

“Orion!” he spat back, mimicking the Panthers peevish tone.

The cat sighed. Orion, if those of us with such talents as we possess band together we can become Gods amongst men. No one in Gealan could stop us.

Orion laughed aloud at the absurdity of it. “Look, beast, I don’t know what you’re on about but let me tell you I don’t like this religious mumbo jumbo crap in the slightest.”

The panther bared its teeth. “That being said,” Orion interjected quickly, “if I were to agree to band together with you, what would these trials entail?”

I cannot tell you exactly. All I can say is that we need a human to lead us because we cannot mingle amongst the other races in Gealan as you can. In order to lead my kind you must do one of two things…

Orion rose and picked up his fathers sword, turning it over and admiring the brilliantly crafted blade. It was almost spellbinding, staring at such perfection. In fact, he could almost here it singing for blood. It made the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. “Go on,” he prompted.

You must complete the trials successfully, to fail is to die. Or, you must dispose of the current leader…which is me, obviously. Therefore you really only have the one choice, you must complete the trials.

Orion raised a brow. “Ah, but you’re failing to see one small thing…”

Oh?

Orion eyed the cat, a half grin touching one side of his mouth, a tingling urge running up his arm from the sword. “At heart, I’m my fathers’ son.” He struck so fast that the cat couldn’t quite comprehend what was happening and before the beast knew it the blade was buried hilt deep in its chest. It made a strange whining noise and began to convulse, blood bubbling up through its mouth.

The luminescence in the cats eyes grew brighter and a golden mist began to spiral out of them towards him. Orion shielded his eyes from the glow initially, but something inside told him he needn’t shy from the glare. Slowly, he dropped his hand away as the golden light reached him and began to seep into his own eyes.

He jolted and began convulsing as he stood, a thousand years of images and experiences hammering his senses. He saw empires rise and fall; Kings and Queens come and go, fire, apocalypse, life reborn and the cycle repeat. Then, as suddenly as he was assaulted, his vision cleared and he stared down at the old, scarred cat with his glowing amber eyes.

What have you done?

He raised his head to see all the cats from the forest surrounding him, twelve in all. He tilted his head sideways and ran his tongue across his teeth as he pulled the Panther blade from the carcass beside him. His grip was strong, his biceps were ripped and he’d aged, quite literally, ten years in but a few seconds. He faced them, no longer a boy, but a man.

“The one and only thing that matters to me,” he replied, readying his blade. “Looked out for Number One.”

He struck.

Orion stepped out of the darkness that was the Dark Forest, into bright sunlight. Drenched in sticky crimson plasma, he flicked the blood from his Panther blade and regarded it with a look of pleasure. “I think…that I’ll name you Slash. Simple. Devastating. Slash!”

He sheathed the blade and gazed westward to the mountains. He would find a village before nightfall and rest for a few days, he decided, and then, it was off east. He had an elf friend that he needed to pay a visit. He stroked Slash. Yes indeed, that elf would be glad to see him again.

((Well, don't think that turned out how I intended at all, but these are the things that happen when you've just come off a twelve hour shift and are tired as hell. It's just one of the things that keep these RP's interesting stick out tongue ))

Last edited by Decomposition on Aug 27th, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 12:06 PM