KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Didn't they have second thoughts?

Didn't they have second thoughts?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Didn't they have second thoughts?

Most of the clone population became best friends with the jedi and yet when Sidious gave execute order 66, they shot them in cold blood. Didn't they have second thoughts before killing the Jedi, especially when they probably knew that their chancellor is actually a Sith Lord? I know that they're supposed to follow orders but the Jedi were their friends.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 07:12 AM
Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Re: Didn't they have second thoughts?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Most of the clone population became best friends with the jedi and yet when Sidious gave execute order 66, they shot them in cold blood. Didn't they have second thoughts before killing the Jedi, especially when they probably knew that their chancellor is actually a Sith Lord? I know that they're supposed to follow orders but the Jedi were their friends.

The clones don't have friends, only orders. They were engineered that way.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 06:56 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

That's not entirely true. They had friends, as can be seen with Cody and Obi-Wan, but the way they were engineered, their orders were vastly more important than their friends, to the point that they would kill their best friend without hesitation, second thought, or regret if they were ordered to do so.

And also, noone knew that Palpatine was a Sith Lord untill he told Anakin and Anakin told Mace. That information never made it to the main bulk of the Army, not that it would have mattered, Palpatine was their commander and they had 100% loyalty to him.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Aug 16th, 2009 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If the clones had even noticed, Palpatine didn't even look the same as he did before. He was seen as an old man in a red robe but now he shows himself as a hideous person wearing a black robe. You think the clones would be thinking "Is that really the chancellor?"

My goodness I wonder if Rex (from Clone Wars) tried to kill a jedi one time even though Rex is the one clone the jedi seemed more attached to.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Well I heard some turned on the Emperor.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 10:23 AM
Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I'm sure there were some clones who stood up for the jedi...I remember in the film when one of them apologized before shooting

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 12:52 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Dude they are Clones and they were only following Orders.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 02:01 PM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by DarthLazious
Dude they are Clones and they were only following Orders.

Think we established that Boba was a clone and we didn't see him attacking Jedi shifty

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 02:19 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I stand by my statement that clones have no friends, why would a friend say sorry before KILLING you?

He isn't his friend. He is an engineered soldier, his only friend is his orders.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2009 03:35 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The clones may befriend each other...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 09:22 AM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Originally posted by steverules_2
Think we established that Boba was a clone and we didn't see him attacking Jedi shifty

Well Boba Fett did attack some Jedi.

He had a helping hand in the Jedi Purge.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 10:54 AM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

If they were engineered soldiers they would have stuck with numbers instead of making up nicknames for each other.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by DarthLazious
Well Boba Fett did attack some Jedi.

He had a helping hand in the Jedi Purge.

You'd think he woulda gotten paid for it though, or he'd attack cause he has a certain dislike for jedi...or did not so sure he does anymore

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 08:56 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If the clones are so engineered, one of them wouldn't have turned their back on the Republic in the Clone Wars now would they?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2009 09:42 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

If the clones are so engineered, one of them wouldn't have turned their back on the Republic in the Clone Wars now would they?

Well, see, now you are getting into EU now. And EU is not respected in these forums. According to these guys, no clones did turn their backs on the republic.

Now, if you are one of the people who are cool enough to accept EU, then that opens a chance for a great look into clone psychology, but people tend to get banned up to these good 'ol parts if they bring the massive possibilities exhibited in the Expanded Universe.

See, because when you bring in the EU, you find out that the first batches of clones were not "Programmed" with Order 66, and those clones did not follow it.

Originally posted by sweersa
I stand by my statement that clones have no friends, why would a friend say sorry before KILLING you?

He isn't his friend. He is an engineered soldier, his only friend is his orders.

See, once again, you miss the complexities here. From simply a movie standpoint: The clones befriended the Jedi, but their orders were so much more important than their friendship that they would not hesitate to kill their best friend if ordered to do so.

You can see that they befriend the Jedi from how Obi-wan and Cody talk to each other. But, when it came down to it, the order was vastly more important that the friend, so important that he executed the order and (As far as he was aware) Obi-wan, without hesitation, and without remorse.

It's like that age old question: If a family member comitted a crime, would you try to help them get away with it? For us, as humans, that answer does not come easily, however the clone's decision was made for them when they were created. If ordered to do so, a clone would kill his closest friend without a second thouthg.

Once again, this was all from a movie stand point, when the oppression against EU has finally ended you people will see that there is even more to it than even the very simplified way I put it.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Aug 22nd, 2009 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Well this question is actually about clone psychology isn't it?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2009 12:03 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Re: Didn't they have second thoughts?

I suppose even friendship doesn't interfere with orders. They're almost like dogs to the chancellor, completely loyal.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 03:49 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Which was their point in the first place.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 12:05 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Slight off topic (non-canon etc), but you might be interested to know that in The Clone Wars, Storm Troopers seem to have a choice, as one of them defected.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 12:46 PM
Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I bet any so called rogue Clone who became someone's friend would instantly kill on orders lol, he could be working at a pizza place and someone would say "order 66 is up!" and he would try to kill the nearest Jedi with the pizza cutter.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 02:56 PM