KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Star Wars Vs Skynet

Star Wars Vs Skynet
Started by: jinXed by JaNx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

The empire also has their weaponry which is way better than modern day weaponry. Also whos to say that a stormtrooper doesnt figure out where to hit? Or a any person in the empire? You keep assuming they wont bring down the terminators easily which is fine becuase thats the bulk of your argument. However they would, and do it pretty handidly. The troopers arent going to just run around like idiots they're going to use strategy, and not just die.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:00 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kaibs
It snot goign to take long for the Empire to know what the **** they're dealing with. THey're not ignorant nor stupid. And I dont care if they ran. The terminator should of easily dealt with a single woman and her sons son from the future. Considering he didnt even bring back weapons with him.

if sarah didn't have kyle's help,she would've been screwed

it's good for the bones
part of a balanced breakfast!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:01 AM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

So your saying a human being who finally sees a robot shooting him will Find out... JUST by looking at him.. where EXACTLY to shoot and THEN have the accuracy to hit that Tiny little spot where the CPU is?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:02 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Originally posted by gobstakid777
if sarah didn't have kyle's help,she would've been screwed

I agree with that... which is why i said Kyle knew what he was dealing with

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:02 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
So your saying a human being who finally sees a robot shooting him will Find out... JUST by looking at him.. where EXACTLY to shoot and THEN have the accuracy to hit that Tiny little spot where the CPU is?

Why do you keep assuming they're humans? Also why do you keep assuming they're idiots? You realize they do have scanners and technology too right? I mean seriously you know that right? THey're slinging rocks at them like ****in cavemen you know that right? As for the accuracy once again you must not know much about the stormtroopers or their specialties.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:04 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

... Storm Troopers ARE human. they are not Cyborgs or anything. Granted they could have a Cybernetic arm or leg but Over all they are human.

and i didnt say they are slinging rocks. Im trying to be serious here. Why are you getting so upset?

I didnt say The Empire does not have scanners. But COULD they Scan them? If so How long will the scan take?

and let me play it like you jsut did.... "You do know the Storm Troopers accuracy is so great and that they find out where to shoot so easily that they line up like to old ages and fire one shot each killing all of them... You know that right?"

try to be a bit more adult here. Its just a "What If" Scenario.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:08 AM
dadudemon

First of all you dont know a blaster bolt from an ATAT will do nothing.

Yes I do.

You don't, apparently.

And we dont know that it will.

It will do something. It would punch a whole through his body. Then, he will heal it back up.

A larger blast will splatter him to pieces, then he will pull himself back together.

And i fyou think a single T-1000 can take out all of the empires forces you are on crack man.

Show me where the Empire has ever use Molten metal, ever, and then I'll agree with you crack statement.

Until then, you remain uberly pwned.

The DLT-20A Blaster and the DLT-19 Heavy Blaster would do more than slow them down. You keep having this theory the only way to kill a terminator is lava. That is definitely not the case.

No.

No.

Aaaaand no.

Blaster bolts of any kind would do nothing but slow them down. And I'm not talking about any terminator. I'm talking about a T-1000.

On top of that, it looks like the T-800 shows a nice resistance to molten metal. (Not lava.)

And, it is the case. You just don't want to admit it because you already sided with Star Wars.

You do know that it's okay to change your mind, right?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:09 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
... Storm Troopers ARE human. they are not Cyborgs or anything. Granted they could have a Cybernetic arm or leg but Over all they are human.

and i didnt say they are slinging rocks. Im trying to be serious here. Why are you getting so upset?

I didnt say The Empire does not have scanners. But COULD they Scan them? If so How long will the scan take?

and let me play it like you jsut did.... "You do know the Storm Troopers accuracy is so great and that they find out where to shoot so easily that they line up like to old ages and fire one shot each killing all of them... You know that right?"

try to be a bit more adult here. Its just a "What If" Scenario.

Im not getting upset at all. All that's going on is a nice friendly debate. I don't get pissed or upset at least over this. Theres only one poster here who annoys me and I assure you it's not you. Now back to the topic. They're not humans please tell me anywhere where it says they're human. THey look alot like humans and function like them but they're not. Now anyways as for scaning we dont know how long it takes it could be short and it oculd be long. I'd like to think it'd be short you'd like to think it'd be long. Just like you'd like to think they're weapons wont do shit i LIke to think they will. This arguement will no where is which is fine, however as I can clearly see neither of us is going to back down on it as well.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:12 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yes I do.

You don't, apparently.

It will do something. It would punch a whole through his body. Then, he will heal it back up.

A larger blast will splatter him to pieces, then he will pull himself back together.

Show me where the Empire has ever use Molten metal, ever, and then I'll agree with you crack statement.

Until then, you remain uberly pwned.

No.

No.

Aaaaand no.

Blaster bolts of any kind would do nothing but slow them down. And I'm not talking about any terminator. I'm talking about a T-1000.

On top of that, it looks like the T-800 shows a nice resistance to molten metal. (Not lava.)

And, it is the case. You just don't want to admit it because you already sided with Star Wars.

You do know that it's okay to change your mind, right?

Really you know all that stuff? I mean awesome you gotta link me to these movies where you know this shit. Also Im not siding with Star Wars because it's star wars. Im siding with them becuase they'd win in the scenario.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:14 AM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

The Storm Troopers are Clones of a human. Clone Meaning Copy. They are not TRUE humans but they have the same systems. Heart, Lungs, Skin, Blood. they are basically humans with no belly buttons. Like the tv show Kyle X.Y... o.o .... anyway, They are human and if not fully then pretty damn close. They are Living Flesh with Organs inside. If a heart gets hit they die.

Skynet knows the human body and will either aim for the head or the chest. either hit will kill a Storm trooper. and that white suit they use is definatly NOT armor.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:16 AM
dadudemon

Im not getting upset at all. All that's going on is a nice friendly debate. I don't get pissed or upset at least over this. Theres only one poster here who annoys me and I assure you it's not you. Now back to the topic. They're not humans please tell me anywhere where it says they're human. THey look alot like humans and function like them but they're not. Now anyways as for scaning we dont know how long it takes it could be short and it oculd be long. I'd like to think it'd be short you'd like to think it'd be long. Just like you'd like to think they're weapons wont do shit i LIke to think they will. This arguement will no where is which is fine, however as I can clearly see neither of us is going to back down on it as well.

What kind of rubbish is this?

They are humans. More specifically, human clones.

And, yes, 1 T-800 for 10 or more clone troopers. Easily.

And one T-1000 can take out all of the forces listed. They are assassins. They can make themselves look like anyone. They can even completely disappear into a puddle.

Case in point: T-1000 mimics the field commander and tells them all to stop firing and retreat. They get slaughtered. He could also mimic and order the Ties to fire on the AT-ATs, AT-STs, and clone troopers. Remember, the clone troopers will follow orders well beyond what any regular human would do: they were designed that way.

Since we go by movie feats, this is well with in the manipulative capabilities of a T-1000 and is very likely a technique employed. Anything to turn the tide.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:18 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

And one T-1000 can take out all of the forces listed. They are assassins. They can make themselves look like anyone. They can even completely disappear into a puddle.

Case in point: T-1000 mimics the field commander and tells them all to stop firing and retreat. They get slaughtered. He could also mimic and order the Ties to fire on the AT-ATs, AT-STs, and clone troopers. Remember, the clone troopers will follow orders well beyond what any regular human would do: they were designed that way.

Since we go by movie feats, this is well with in the manipulative capabilities of a T-1000 and is very likely a technique employed. Anything to turn the tide.

Wow. thanks. You said it alot better then me ^_^ I forgot about the Mimic thingy

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:20 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

The protected the troopers from very harsh environments as well as projectiles and kinetic energy weapons. The armor might be penetrated by a blaster bolt, but it reduced damage from the bolts significantly. The body glove allowed for operation in warm or cold climates, however it could protect the trooper from almost any environment -- from total vacuum conditions to the very extremes in cold and heat for a very limited period of time. * Automatic polarizing and anti-flash blinding lenses protected the trooper against intense glare and provided them with enhanced combat vision or "Holographic Vision Processors" (which allowed vision through many barriers such as smoke, darkness and fire.

* Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System (MFTAS) helped with the stormtroopers' perception in darkness as well as smoke and other visibility obscuring conditions.

Additionally, stormtrooper helmets contained features such as:

* Built-in comlink (see below)
* Advanced Breathing Filters (which acted as protection against chemical and biological attacks, as well as toxins)
* Cooling and atmosphere control systems

* The gloves were powered up during Hand-to-Hand combat (power gloves).
* The stomach armor contained a Manual Suit Seal and environmental controls.
* The thigh armor had a reinforced alloy plate ridge
* The lower right side, near the knee contained the suits system power cells.
* The left upper side of the shin armor had a sniper position knee protector plate.
* IFF circuitry was in the back of the suit for identification and command purposes for identifying each other.
* A Proper Resonator to open secure doors

And this was the standard trooper not even the shocktroopers snipers or heavy troopers.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:21 AM
dadudemon

Really you know all that stuff?

Yup. Sure do.

I mean awesome you gotta link me to these movies where you know this shit.

T-3. The T-800s don't seem very phased against energy based weapons.

The T-1000 is an improvement on that. Badda boom.

No you end up with a character that can absorb almost any kinetic weaponry.

The only thing it seems susceptible to id dissolving in a pool of molten metal. Sure, everything else slows it down, but not even fire slowed it down too much. (Remember the semi that caught fire and it just walked right out of the mess, no problem? Yeah. That. A blaster bolt will do jack.)

Also Im not siding with Star Wars because it's star wars. Im siding with them becuase they'd win in the scenario.

I never said that. I said you were siding with them, even though it's quite obvious the Empire loses when someone other than Star Wars fanboys explained how things would really go down.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:22 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Point and case htey can not mimic weapons Or anything with moving parts. Which their suit kind has since it has powercells And if they could they also have scanners that would clearly indiciate they are not who they are mimicinig.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:23 AM
dadudemon

The protected the troopers from very harsh environments as well as projectiles and kinetic energy weapons. The armor might be penetrated by a blaster bolt, but it reduced damage from the bolts significantly. The body glove allowed for operation in warm or cold climates, however it could protect the trooper from almost any environment -- from total vacuum conditions to the very extremes in cold and heat for a very limited period of time. * Automatic polarizing and anti-flash blinding lenses protected the trooper against intense glare and provided them with enhanced combat vision or "Holographic Vision Processors" (which allowed vision through many barriers such as smoke, darkness and fire.

* Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System (MFTAS) helped with the stormtroopers' perception in darkness as well as smoke and other visibility obscuring conditions.

Additionally, stormtrooper helmets contained features such as:

* Built-in comlink (see below)
* Advanced Breathing Filters (which acted as protection against chemical and biological attacks, as well as toxins)
* Cooling and atmosphere control systems

* The gloves were powered up during Hand-to-Hand combat (power gloves).
* The stomach armor contained a Manual Suit Seal and environmental controls.
* The thigh armor had a reinforced alloy plate ridge
* The lower right side, near the knee contained the suits system power cells.
* The left upper side of the shin armor had a sniper position knee protector plate.
* IFF circuitry was in the back of the suit for identification and command purposes for identifying each other.
* A Proper Resonator to open secure doors

And this was the standard trooper not even the shocktroopers snipers or heavy troopers.

Movie feats. Prove that this was the case, by using the movies. smile

But, it doesn't help your side, at all.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:24 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Yup. Sure do.

T-3. The T-800s don't seem very phased against energy based weapons.

The T-1000 is an improvement on that. Badda boom.

No you end up with a character that can absorb almost any kinetic weaponry.

The only thing it seems susceptible to id dissolving in a pool of molten metal. Sure, everything else slows it down, but not even fire slowed it down too much. (Remember the semi that caught fire and it just walked right out of the mess, no problem? Yeah. That. A blaster bolt will do jack.)

I never said that. I said you were siding with them, even though it's quite obvious the Empire loses when someone other than Star Wars fanboys explained how things would really go down.

Im sorry where in the movies does it show the T-800's taking energy bolts and blaster bolts from a SW weapon. It doesnt. You're assumign they'd take it and simply just keep moving on. You think taht all this would do is slow them down when thats not even the case.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:25 AM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

How do you know they have scanners in thier helmets? They would have to suspect it before they do a scan. And if T-1000 can mimic a human and clothing. So why not a human in the Storm Trooper suit?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:26 AM
dadudemon

Point and case htey can not mimic weapons Or anything with moving parts. Which their suit kind has since it has powercells And if they could they also have scanners that would clearly indiciate they are not who they are mimicinig.

It would mimic the suite, no problem. It just wouldn't have the same functionality.

You do know that it created itself clothes, sun glasses, and a helmet, no problem, right?

To say it would have problems with a two-colored suite that is very simple, would be a gross oversight on your.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:26 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Im not saying that it cant mimic the suit. I know it could. However it couldnt mimic any of its weapons at all. As for this debate I am going to take a break from it as it's not worth going back and forth like this trying to prove something that can't be proved. I still say the Troops win. And you can say that the Termiantors win. Either way you can't prove me wrong as I cant prove you wrong.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:29 AM