KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Juggernaut...show some respect! (Redux)

The Juggernaut...show some respect! (Redux)
Started by: Knowsbleed33

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Warlord
Was he ampped in 8th day?
Haven't read it
juggs wasn't really 'amped' per se. he just had a drastic change in his overall frame of mind [ie. he felt an irresistible urge to go to a certain location, and nothing was going to stop him from doing such.]

as i recall it, at least.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 02:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Really?

Then beating Thor like this without an upgrade is quite a feat

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 06:52 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frommd

Take it for what you will, but according to Thor he was amped. Check the last frame.
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by frommd on Sep 2nd, 2009 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 02:43 PM
frommd is currently offline Click here to Send frommd a Private Message Find more posts by frommd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Originally posted by Warlord
Was he ampped in 8th day?
Haven't read it

I don't believe he was. As Galan said he was just more focused than usual. From the evidence I've seen (And the 2 scans I provided) Juggernaut can boost his power himself subconciously. Cain is just a narrow-minded person so he probably never thinks he needs it. IMO if he was amped at all it was just Cain tapping more into the gems power.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 05:50 PM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Clearly Juggernaut was amped and a lot more powerful during 8th Day. To say otherwise is stupid. The contention is whether he was simply willing himself into more power or Cytorrak was allowing/making him gain more power. I say the latter as he was never able to reach said levels again and at best would need special circumstances to amp to higher levels than his classic self "if" he can. But that's just me.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 06:33 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

He wasn't amped. 8th Day never did anything classic Juggernaut couldn't easily do.

He was just more focused in 8th Day.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 06:46 PM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Utter bullshit. Juggernaut cannot do that to Thor at Classic levels.

So you're going to ignore completely what was stated on panel? Holy shit, the man even agrees with Thor on panel, that his amped. He agrees. What more do you want?

You gotta be freaking delusional if you don't think he was amped during 8th day or you need a new pair of glasses.

Do I have to circle the speech bubbles for you?

He wasn't just more focused. He even says that something is making him this way. It's Cytorrak's hand (Unless someone else was playing a part in it.) I'm assuming that's making him that way.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 06:52 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Don't post nonsense like this in my respect thread. I understand being a Thor fanboy you have to convince yourself that Thor could only get owned by an amped Juggernaut.

He wasn't amped. All Thor says is he seemd stronger and Juggernaut says he has some place to be and nothing is going to stop him from getting there. No where does it say he's amped.

Don't come back into my respect thread with your nonsense or you'll get reported for trolling.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 06:55 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Was 8th day Juggearnout empowered or not?

Because in that scan Juggs confirms Thor remark, on his empowerment.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 07:16 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

^Yes he was clearly amped. Some people are delusional.

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Don't post nonsense like this in my respect thread. I understand being a Thor fanboy you have to convince yourself that Thor could only get owned by an amped Juggernaut.

He wasn't amped. All Thor says is he seemd stronger and Juggernaut says he has some place to be and nothing is going to stop him from getting there. No where does it say he's amped.

Don't come back into my respect thread with your nonsense or you'll get reported for trolling.

Sorry. Good respect thread by the way and it's not nonsense. The fact that he hasn't owned Thor under normal circumstances, and the fact that he was portrayed so much stronger and more powerful here backs up my theory.

He clearly was he even agreed that he was more powerful than ever before i.e amped. You outright ignore what was stated on panel and I'm the fanboy? Lulz.

Thor says, "As though he is e'en more powerful than e'er before."

Juggernaut says, " You got that right goldilocks. Sumthin's makin me that way...."

Let's continue this on this thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 07:23 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^Yes he was clearly amped. Some people are delusional.

Sorry. Good respect thread by the way and it's not nonsense. The fact that he hasn't owned Thor under normal circumstances, and the fact that he was portrayed so much stronger and more powerful here backs up my theory.

He clearly was he even agreed that he was more powerful than ever before i.e amped. You outright ignore what was stated on panel and I'm the fanboy? Lulz.

Juggernaut says, " You got that right goldilocks. Sumthin's makin me that way...."

Let's continue this on this thread:

Honestly the shots that Juggernaut were taking are attacks he has taken before from Thor. So that isn't anything new.

As to the remarks all Cain really confirms was that something was calling him, and he even goes unto to say that was reason no one or anything was gonna stand in his way. He also never makes direct reference to himself gaining an amp beyond the sumthin making him more focused.

Or need I make mention of the fact that even after breaking from Cyttorak's control he was still portrayed as powerful as when he fought Thor with no clear decrease in strength. Something you would suspect if Cyttorak was giving him an amp.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 07:43 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Originally posted by id369
Was 8th day Juggearnout empowered or not?

Because in that scan Juggs confirms Thor remark, on his empowerment.

He's not amped. How the heck would Thor know if Juggernaut was being amped by an outside source? He just comments on Juggernaut seeming stronger than he was the last time they met. That has more to do with Juggernaut owning Thor this time around.

Juggernaut just says he's more focused than usual. No evidence of an amp.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 07:51 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

He's not amped. How the heck would Thor know if Juggernaut was being amped by an outside source? He just comments on Juggernaut seeming stronger than he was the last time they met. That has more to do with Juggernaut owning Thor this time around.

Juggernaut just says he's more focused than usual. No evidence of an amp.

Why are you ignoring Juggernauts comment? Because that’s the focal point of the scan, and RoL stance.

Thor commenting he is stronger then ever, Juggernaut affirming that he is correct.

It’s now your job (if you care), to post information why its not an amp. Otherwise burden of proof falls on your shoulders.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 08:15 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Newjak
Honestly the shots that Juggernaut were taking are attacks he has taken before from Thor. So that isn't anything new.

As to the remarks all Cain really confirms was that something was calling him, and he even goes unto to say that was reason no one or anything was gonna stand in his way. He also never makes direct reference to himself gaining an amp beyond the sumthin making him more focused.

Or need I make mention of the fact that even after breaking from Cyttorak's control he was still portrayed as powerful as when he fought Thor with no clear decrease in strength. Something you would suspect if Cyttorak was giving him an amp.

I never said he couldn't. I know Classic Juggernaut can tank blows from Thor unharmed.

Holy shit why is it so difficult to read what's on the damn panel. He clearly agrees with Thor that he was more powerful than ever before. I.e amped.

I highlighted it for you. I can't do anymore than that at this point.

If Cytorrak simply amped him by allowing him more access to his power, if he broke Cytorrak's control over him, that wouldn't mean he would lose the excess power, unless Cytorrak had to keep a constant flow of power into Cain as if it gets diminished over time or Cain exerting his power would diminish it which I do not assume is the case.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 11:06 PM
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Why are you ignoring Juggernauts comment? Because that’s the focal point of the scan, and RoL stance.

Thor commenting he is stronger then ever, Juggernaut affirming that he is correct.

It’s now your job (if you care), to post information why its not an amp. Otherwise burden of proof falls on your shoulders.

Juggernauts only response is something is drawing him some where and nothing is going to stop him from getting there. Thor saying he seems stronger isn't proof of an amp, sorry.

No stop cluttering my thread with your nonsense.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 11:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Juggernauts only response is something is drawing him some where and nothing is going to stop him from getting there. Thor saying he seems stronger isn't proof of an amp, sorry.

Thor saying his stronger isn't enough. Juggernaut agreeing with Thor that he is stronger than ever before, though is enough proof.

Let's continue it here if you wish:

We've sidetracked your thread enough.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 11:53 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Come on now? Really?

“You got that right goldilocks. Sumthin's makin me that way...."

That is a specific response and follow up to Thor’s.

“As though he is even more powerful than ever before."

Now this is suppose to be an respect thread for informative purposes. I want to know, if 8th day Juggs is an amplified Juggernaut. When a member brings in a scan, with that kind of statement. I am incline to believe what that member says, because it says so.

If this isn’t the case. If Juggernaut is doing nothing more then just being more focused. Then provide, the scan where it explains so. Otherwise your simply providing circular logic, where the burden of proof is still squarely on your shoulders.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 02:49 AM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

I can't believe a new thread has been turned into this. He could easily be talking about his focus making him stronger. He doesn't know why he is being drawn there, but he will get there no matter what.

The scans, with the two different editors, saying that he has the ability to draw on infinite power and then Cyttorak himself saying he doesn't limit Juggernaut's power suggest he is only powering himself up.

Then you have D'Spraye saying that he has drained all of Juggernaut's power, yet Cain stood there still with strength as nothing but a skeleton.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 03:39 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Come on now? Really?

“You got that right goldilocks. Sumthin's makin me that way...."

That is a specific response and follow up to Thor’s.

“As though he is even more powerful than ever before."

Now this is suppose to be an respect thread for informative purposes. I want to know, if 8th day Juggs is an amplified Juggernaut. When a member brings in a scan, with that kind of statement. I am incline to believe what that member says, because it says so.

If this isn’t the case. If Juggernaut is doing nothing more then just being more focused. Then provide, the scan where it explains so. Otherwise your simply providing circular logic, where the burden of proof is still squarely on your shoulders.

Crashing my thread with this crap. You with your usual inane nonsense and Rage over there acting like a cry baby because his golden boy got straight owned.

That was at the very beginning of the arc. Juggernaut says he has to be some where and nothing will stop him. As I said previous, if anyone was boosting Juggernauts strength it was him. I've provided the evidence that states Juggernaut CAN increase his strength at will when and if he wants to.

Later in the arc:

"Your power was never greater than mine! Especially not now that I know that I am a God!"

He finally came to terms with what he was and learned more about his abilities. Marvel has been saying that Juggernaut can amp his own strength since long before the 8th Day arc.

Juggernaut wasn't being amped by anyone but himself. At the point where he owned Thor he was just more focused, plain and simple. The scan you 2 keep obsessing over says nothing but that. 8th Day Juggernaut never did anything that classic Juggernaut couldn't do or hadn't done.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 04:25 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Your assessment is wildly incorrect, My boy is Bill not Thor. And Classic juggernaut does not routinely pull Xavier out of the astral plane.

I don’t read up on Juggernaut. Or at least, not in detail. And I want to know more about the 8th day ordeal. I cant be held accountable if you the thread starter, can not even properly address my question.

How about this, I will find the answer myself. Can you tell me, what issues these take place?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 04:59 AM