KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Juggernaut...show some respect! (Redux)

The Juggernaut...show some respect! (Redux)
Started by: Knowsbleed33

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dareangel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by big juggy man
Well the newer generation of writers are just lazy. They also seem to love to depower male characters now days to make female characters more powerful.

Yep, juggernaut is toxic musculinity, cant have him running around and actually beating someone. musculinity is bad, some 120 lbs chick must beat him up in the name of "girl power".

Last edited by Dareangel on Oct 20th, 2019 at 11:30 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 11:23 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big juggy man

I believe in Punisher Kill Krew #4 Juggernaut was knocked out by being shot with a missile. They have made the character out to be a joke. He no longer has a force field. He is no longer invulnerable to physical attacks. He no longer has incredible physical strength he had. The Marvel writers should just kill Juggernaut.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2019 03:40 AM
big juggy man is currently offline Click here to Send big juggy man a Private Message Find more posts by big juggy man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big juggy man

Well Juggernaut was stuck in so called magic ice but at least he didn't get beat up in the Punisher Kill Krew. Anybody knows when the Juggernaut will appear again?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2019 04:03 PM
big juggy man is currently offline Click here to Send big juggy man a Private Message Find more posts by big juggy man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Juggernaut broken can become like a slow telepathic death if his powers are failing.
He would need Trace to astral save him.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 12:04 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-ju...n-unlikely-ally

May 2020
quote:
JUGGERNAUT #1 (OF 5)

FABIAN NICIEZA (W) • RON GARNEY (A) • COVER BY GEOFF SHAW

READY OR ‘NAUT, HERE HE COMES! A mystic gem. A force of overwhelming power. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut. Except himself. Another building falls. Cain Marko is done
letting others pick up the pieces of the things he’s destroyed. Renowned X-scribe Fabian Nicieza (X-FORCE, DEADPOOL) and celebrated artist

Ron Garney (CAPTAIN AMERICA, DAREDEVIL) team up to take the unstoppable in a new bold new direction!

(please log in to view the image)

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2020 01:41 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Welcome back, Ptr_Grifin.

Let's hope for the best.

But after all that terrible jobbing and empty promises, I'm not holding my breath.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2020 04:46 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nicieza and Garney have worked on him before iirc, so you hopefully are getting someone that knows the character.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2020 05:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I wonder why Cain can't be a part of the Krakoa paradise (as the article says), but they are fine with Essex. Hell, he's even a council member.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2020 12:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vendel
Unstoppable

Bold new direction?

Every other person that gets ahold of Cain has another brilliant idea.

Most are terrible.

There is this though.

My Twitter post to Fabian Nicieza

quote:
Frankly I don't like the idea of connecting The Juggernaut to the hip of the X-Men AGAIN.

Some great stories came along from his interactions with the X-Men. But also the very very worst.

Since the Imposternaut/Huggernaut run on X-Men we have gotten very few good stories.

And his response.

quote:
Well I can’t speak to that. The only thing I can control is writing my own not so good stories.
The whole purpose of the series is watching Cain develop a life and status quo OUTSIDE of the X-Men so your concerns should be allayed.

Guess we will see.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2020 09:26 PM
Vendel is currently offline Click here to Send Vendel a Private Message Find more posts by Vendel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I wonder why Cain can't be a part of the Krakoa paradise (as the article says), but they are fine with Essex. Hell, he's even a council member.

I still can't believe that Cyclops can be in the same room as that guy for more than a minute without trying to ****ing kill him.

Originally posted by Vendel
Bold new direction?

Most are terrible.

There is this though.

And his response.

Guess we will see.

Fingers crossed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 01:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
I still can't believe that Cyclops can be in the same room as that guy for more than a minute without trying to ****ing kill him.

Same with Wolverine and Gorgon. At least Gambit is trying to kill Apoc wink

Cain was a member of at least two different X-Men teams, he also worked with Excalibur. He proved he can be loyal.

Rejecting him while making a special exception for Sinister (and giving him extra privileges) makes no sense. Hickman probably thinks Essex is a bona fide mutant.

Bold new direction?

Most are terrible.

There is this though.

And his response.

Guess we will see.

You registered two years ago and this is your first post? Seriously?

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Experienced writer, new armor, new stories focused on Cain's solo adventures --- all sounds good.

Then again, Cain getting a boost in Amazing X-Men also looked promising, but other writers outside of that title managed to ruin it.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 01:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Same with Wolverine and Gorgon. At least Gambit is trying to kill Apoc wink

Cain was a member of at least two different X-Men teams, he also worked with Excalibur. He proved he can be loyal.

Rejecting him while making a special exception for Sinister (and giving him extra privileges) makes no sense. Hickman probably thinks Essex is a bona fide mutant.

lol probably. And yeah, Cyclops and Apoc aren't exactly on great terms either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 02:58 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

lol probably. And yeah, Cyclops and Apoc aren't exactly on great terms either.

Everyone has a beef with Apoc.

The real bad guy is Xavier, though. You know he ordered Forge to make his own Weapon X lab, so they could bond Wolverine's skeleton with adamantium (without his consent) in case he gets resurrected again?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 03:17 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Everyone has a beef with Apoc.

The real bad guy is Xavier, though. You know he ordered Forge to make his own Weapon X lab, so they could bond Wolverine's skeleton with adamantium (without his consent) in case he gets resurrected again?

JFC What?

I hope it would be presented as an option, rather than have Xavier think he could force it on him.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 03:46 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

JFC What?

I hope it would be presented as an option, rather than have Xavier think he could force it on him.

I'll reply in the Wolverine thread, since we're derailing this one.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 04:09 AM
Vendel
Unstoppable

You registered two years ago and this is your first post? Seriously?

It's the first time I felt like saying anything. Also the first time I have talked with a writer of a Juggernaut story since the guy who did World War Hulk: X-Men back in the day.

Some of the old school Juggernaut fans may recognize my name though. I was quote active on the old Marvel.com forums and the old Juggernaut fan site.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW Anyway, thanks for the info.

Experienced writer, new armor, new stories focused on Cain's solo adventures --- all sounds good.

Then again, Cain getting a boost in Amazing X-Men also looked promising, but other writers outside of that title managed to ruin it.

The problem as I see it is that after Chuck Austin there seemed to be a sever lack of editorial oversite on how The Juggernaut was used.

So for every Frank Teri you had the guy who did Thunderbolts etc.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 07:19 AM
Vendel is currently offline Click here to Send Vendel a Private Message Find more posts by Vendel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Welcome back, Ptr_Grifin.

Let's hope for the best.

But after all that terrible jobbing and empty promises, I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks

This has been my mentality for the characters appearances over the last decade. His WWH appearance was probably the last good one. And maybe when he got his, "Major Powerup", which was later revealed to not be.

Some of the old school Juggernaut fans may recognize my name though. I was quote active on the old Marvel.com forums and the old Juggernaut fan site.

I was about to say, I recognize your name from somewhere. I believe I remember seeing it on the Sirocco Sprawl site and Marvel.com.

Thanks for posting those Twitter messages from the writer.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 02:28 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'll check this out though I've been absent from reading comics in recent years.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 02:53 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It's the first time I felt like saying anything.

Okay, okay.

It's just a little weird, that's all. But you're far from the only lurker on the site.

Also the first time I have talked with a writer of a Juggernaut story since the guy who did World War Hulk: X-Men back in the day.

Christos Gage, you mean?

What did you ask him, if you don't mind sharing?

I remember marvel.com boards. It's a shame they shut them down.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2020 06:55 PM
Vendel
Unstoppable

It was on CBR before they did a forum purge, so sadly it no longer exist. But it was just stuff about the Hulk/Juggernaut fight.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2020 01:56 AM