KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » LOTR character backgrounds

LOTR character backgrounds
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

no the elf dominance wasnt expected the ranger was expected dunedain a bit

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2003 05:16 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
narcil

*lol* hey---i am NOT gay. and incidentally, i have a question--it seems that all the characters have been established, by default, as male...?
oh yeah---and if it's an issue, i can make a different character (human), so as to diversify the party somewhat? ^_^*

'Slay Evil Immediately'

-the Shinsengumi

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 01:24 AM
narcil is currently offline Click here to Send narcil a Private Message Find more posts by narcil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You can change characters, all Elves are gay and happy and they are male because the players have made them so...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 01:28 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
narcil

*LOL* yes, i understood that's what you meant. (gay) i was just being bratty--my apologies. *lol*
just out of curiosity, does that word not have the connotation it does in north america?

'Slay Evil Immediately'

-the Shinsengumi

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 01:43 AM
narcil is currently offline Click here to Send narcil a Private Message Find more posts by narcil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Obviously, but I doubt anyone had grounds to complain...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 01:58 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
narcil

*lol* i wasn't really complaining---it was feigned indignation. *lol* sorry. ANYHOW!!! back to the rpg-theme: if deemed necessary, i'll be willing to change my character to accomodate a reduction in the percentage of elves in the 'party' -- i don't mind being a 'common man.' (don't wanna be a dwarf tho. *lol*)

'Slay Evil Immediately'

-the Shinsengumi

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 07:10 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okidokey, only I'll be putting things in motion soon so there will need to be some sort of consensus...

BtVS

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 11:51 AM
Fire

lol choose narcil, not ush or anyone for that matter, will force you to take a character.

one of the fun things about role playing is that you have a lot of freedom to work out your character

ofcourse in tournament games characters can be premade but normally players are allowed to make their own character
so don't feel forced to become human

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 12:29 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sorry, was I mocking Hobbits again?

are u talking to me???????????????? mad any way here is my name: Holfast Hill from Deephallow
the first name is crap tis is the official one

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 09:15 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

out of all the possibilillities..why a hobbit?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 09:18 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

well i don't want to be one of then happy elfes that have appered here, dwarfe....hell no, and man that i be every day..dude everybody needs to change from time to time..

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 09:26 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

happy elves?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 09:28 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
But yes, it is an exceptionally gay party...

i rest my case! laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 09:34 PM
Dexx
wingless

scroll down and read.
I'm sure ush excluded the mating hobbits..aaa...habbits of middle earth creatures from the game.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 09:38 PM
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

that was the happy elf party!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 09:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, any of you who have read Fellowship of the Ring may remember that right at the very, very start, in the prologue, it talks about Hobbits and Arnor right in the very time we are playing. Hobbits even once sent bowmen as levies to the Arnor armies, and the King of Arnor was their King too. So fitting a Hobbit in is no trouble.

Just bear in mind most people will think you of no significance. Arnor is better than most places because the Hobbits live in it, but on the whole, no-one even knew who they were until Bilbo made them famous, 1000 years after all this.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 8th, 2003 11:13 PM
narcil

*lol* ok!! ^_^ well in that case i think i'll just leave my character as it is, for now. ^_^ thnx!

'Slay Evil Immediately'

-the Shinsengumi

Last edited by narcil on Jan 9th, 2003 at 06:18 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 05:37 AM
Dexx
wingless

yeah..and they can throw things too. Mujaffa, you could be an expert stone thrower.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 05:43 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Anglomir -- Common Man Ranger of Gondor, Anglomir son of Aglomor was named after a distant ancestor that had fought valiantly at the battle in which the Ring was cut from Sauron's hand. He had been assigned the boring task of keeping watch over the Black Gate, and was one of many soldiers who gave up the task and moved on to fight the small uprising evil men battering at the borders of the Osgiliath. He knows that fighting Orcs and evil men is no joke, but can sometimes be overly confident in his fighting. He has some experience with a bow, but does not carry one. He is armed with a longsword that, according to the Steward of Gondor, his ancestor for whom he is named fought with at the great battle at the foot of Mt. Doom. He also has a throwing knife conceiled in his right gauntlet, which he can throw with the flick of the risk for a quick throw, or pull it out and throw it stronger and more accurately. Also has a forest green wooden shield trimmed with iron.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 06:11 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

William Took -- Also know as "Willy," he is a Hobbit of the Shire who longs for adventure beyond the borders of his hometown of Hobbiton on Bag-Shot Row. He is an excellent shot with small, Hobbit-sized bow, and has a slingshot for flinging small (but painful) iron balls at enemies, which he keeps a steady supply of in his pouch. If you gave him a sword, he'd ask you if it was an over-sized and extremely sharp butterknife.

Dexx, you better be careful about that stone-throwing Hobbits thing. You obviously haven't seen the extended Amon Hen fight scene in FOTR. Pippin and Merry take out quite a few Orcs with fist sized rocks...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2003 06:23 AM
genral zink is currently offline Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote