KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » LOTR character backgrounds

LOTR character backgrounds
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexx
wingless

Feanor takes his spot big grin

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 06:04 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

I am kinda like Legolas but not a Sindar though...big grin

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 06:48 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, I can see why everyone wants to be Feanor, arrogant bastard who doomed his people to diasater...

Though going out fighting a flock of Balrogs is a good way to go.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 08:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

(the balrogs picture is really beyond my imagination...how can you fight black flaming creatures ten time your size?)

i try to see the artistic side of feanor.
I think i tend more towards the fingolfin branch

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 08:39 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As a Noldor, you HAVE to be from one of the three branches.

And because he was THAT hard, that is how. He was probably mostly immune to the fire and the weapons they had in those days were lethal.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 10th, 2003 09:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

ok..immune to fire. But they were several...and it's enough for one to step on ya.
Bwah...anyway..i'm surr Tolkien didn't put them without a sense

Old Post Feb 11th, 2003 05:06 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They were more than several, they were many, but Feanor is the most powerful Elf that ever was, with great powers, who created something even the Valar could not.

And they DID kill him...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 11th, 2003 11:17 PM
Athrina

I'm Athrina Lestrang, a vampire... But for this RPG I am Nyneve Vallandir, one of the Dark Elves. I can handle a bow quite well, thank you, and am also skilled with a broadsword. I carry boot knives and can also send darts of magic at people. As for appearance, Nyneve has long, blond hair (no I'm NOT a Legolas freak... I really do have blond hair) and green eyes that can flash at will (also real). I wish I could be my normal vampiric self, but this is an LOTR rpg and there are no vampires there... *pouts*

They cannot run away...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2003 11:29 PM
Athrina is currently offline Click here to Send Athrina a Private Message Find more posts by Athrina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well... not in THIS age, anyway.

Ok, I feel honour-bound to point out that Dark Elves in LOTR are a very different thing from Dark Elves in other fantasy genres. 'Moriquendi' is Elven for Dark Elf, and it is a term applied to any Elvenkind that never went out West. So that is either Sindar or Silvan, so you would still need to choose which.

And you will need to choose a job also; from the list at the start of this thread.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2003 11:38 PM
Gil-Galda

Gil-Galda, a dundain mage, with skill in ancient language and monster(balrogs etc...)and training with earth bound magic. Carries a staff and a curved elven sword(very light) with mithril chainmail.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2003 01:07 AM
Gil-Galda is currently offline Click here to Send Gil-Galda a Private Message Find more posts by Gil-Galda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

mithril chainmail...don't know

Old Post Mar 27th, 2003 08:57 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeedy- welcome aboard, btw, but the mithril chainmail is way too much. You could buy your own city with that.

PM me if you are still interested and I will fit you in ASAP.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 27th, 2003 at 12:06 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2003 12:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm glad Gil found his way here... smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 06:45 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gil-Galda

ok then elven plate mail

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 11:39 PM
Gil-Galda is currently offline Click here to Send Gil-Galda a Private Message Find more posts by Gil-Galda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

What's plate mail? Is it plate armor plus mail for protection?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 05:26 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gil-Galda

its pading under mail under plate armour

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 10:25 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

Hi all! May I join? smile The IC is that entitled 'LOTR RP Game part 1- Journey to Fornost' ?

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Last edited by Evy_O on May 30th, 2003 at 01:19 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 01:05 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Most certainly you can join. Run through the character creation thread and put something together, and read the story background. Then I can fit you in once the current battle is done!

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 02:24 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

Okay, thanks. But they way I'm used to give char details is like that:
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:

Should I change it and do it like others here?

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:43 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So long as you follow the rules in the character creation thread I am not greatly worried how you do it!

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:53 PM