KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Broly vs. Dabura

Broly vs. Dabura
Started by: Hellspawn28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Dabura was a lot faster and stronger than Piccolo when he turned him into stone though.

That's beside the point.

Also, Broly's nature of showing off by letting himself get hit by attacks (Goku's Kamehameha, Vegeta's energy blasts, etc.) before attacking his opponents would cause himself get hit by Dabura's spit, making his cockiness his own downfall.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 02:09 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I don't really think that pride makes you being spit in the face though.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 02:20 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

I don't really think that pride makes you being spit in the face though.

But Broly never was the dodging type. Like how the Hulk would rather charge head first then tactically avoid a move.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 02:49 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think he's likely to get hit. Did Broly ever dodge an attack?

Is Dabura's spit instantaneous or you petrify from the place you were hit and then it goes to the rest of your body?

Dabura's spit could be blocked by a ki shield if Broly uses those.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 04:02 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think he's likely to get hit. Did Broly ever dodge an attack?

Not that I remember of. He always usually just takes attacks head-on, as opposed to dodging them.

Is Dabura's spit instantaneous or you petrify from the place you were hit and then it goes to the rest of your body?

Seems like the latter.

Broly would try to take on the spit like he did Goku's Kamehameha Wave and everything else and would suddenly be like "Aaah! What's happening to me?!". stick out tongue

Dabura's spit could be blocked by a ki shield if Broly uses those.

I don't think spit is a ki-based attack, so a ki shield would make little difference, if any. erm

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 07:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

The spit was magic as Dabura was a demon and king of his universe. Also if I remember correctly the spit turned to stone whatever it initially touche and then spread from there. and Broly did dodge attacks when he felt like showing off how much faster he was.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 02:18 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by TheBadguy
and Broly did dodge attacks when he felt like showing off how much faster he was.

When was that? Regardless, he didn't dodge that often, so he's much more likely to get hit by the spit than not.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:29 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Broly turns to stone...
unless some kind of PIS happens.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 02:41 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
unless some kind of PIS happens.

Well, assuming that Broly's immune to the spit or something seems like nothing more than fanboy theory/speculation bullshit, or wishful thinking.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 27th, 2009 at 03:38 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 03:31 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That's beside the point.

Also, Broly's nature of showing off by letting himself get hit by attacks (Goku's Kamehameha, Vegeta's energy blasts, etc.) before attacking his opponents would cause himself get hit by Dabura's spit, making his cockiness his own downfall.
Yea, I guess this is true. Did Dabura use his spit right away against Buu? He didn't use it against Gohan until Gohan started getting the upper hand. But that could be the fact they needed Gohan's energy to awaken Buu.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Not that I remember of. He always usually just takes attacks head-on, as opposed to dodging them.
He dodged like once. When he stood on top of a small pillar or whatever with his arms crossed, and just dodged Piccolo and Gokou's punches, and kicks without any effort.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 03:33 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kento
Yea, I guess this is true. Did Dabura use his spit right away against Buu?

Nah, he used it against Buu at the last minute (when he was totally exhausted) right before getting turned into a cookie.. I think Dabura would've been much more likely to hit Buu with the spit had he used it when he first had the chance, but that's beside the point I guess.

He didn't use it against Gohan until Gohan started getting the upper hand. But that could be the fact they needed Gohan's energy to awaken Buu.

Yep, that's what I was thinkin' too.

He dodged like once. When he stood on top of a small pillar or whatever with his arms crossed, and just dodged Piccolo and Gokou's punches, and kicks without any effort.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Still, that's just once. He's usually not the dodging type for a big majority of the time.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 28th, 2009 at 04:32 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 04:28 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

So I guess the fight just depends on Dabura being smart or dumb. He either does his stone spit right away, or he doesn't get a second chance.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 05:02 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. stick out tongue Dabura had a pretty perfect chance to turn Buu to stone around the beginning of their fight too, but waited until he was about to die before spitting, so I guess that part was PIS, or CIS rather... He just didn't take Fat Buu seriously at first because of his clumsy personality and coming off as a toddler as everyone, which I guess is understandable. Broly doesn't have those kind of innocent looking traits as Buu does though, so Dabura surely wouldn't make that mistake against him. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 05:05 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

laughing Yea this is true. And even if it isn't his first attack Broli just slowly walks at you, and if he's just plowing through all the attacks I'm sure anybody would be smart enough to use stone spit.

Course this comes down to...me thinking Broli is stronger than Cell, and that it has been said by Gokou Dabura is as strong as Cell. If you don't think Broli is stronger than Super Perfect Cell then I guess Broli won't wade through any attacks so Danura probably won't have to use his spit.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 05:39 PM
dadudemon

then I guess Broli won't wade through any attacks so Danura probably won't have to use his spit.

Yeah, I'm one of those ones fully convinced that Broly is significantly weaker than SSJ2 Gohan (the one that fought Cell.)

I would put him, however, on a similar level to Dabura. It's hard to tell. I don't know how weak Dabura is compared to the real SSJ2 Gohan, not the weak form we see in the time skip.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 04:39 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by dadudemon
I would put him, however, on a similar level to Dabura. It's hard to tell. I don't know how weak Dabura is compared to the real SSJ2 Gohan, not the weak form we see in the time skip.
Dabura would be between Perfect Cell, and Super Perfect Cell most likely, though it could be argued Dabura was closer to non-angry ssj2 Teen Gohan's power instead but I think it's safer to put him between Perfect, and Super Perfect Cell's power.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 06:09 AM