KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Movie Character Respect Forum

Movie Character Respect Forum
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
It's going to bring totally undesirable (from my point of view) elements to the forum. The vs. forum already devalued a once quite good forum, and the respect forum will just be another sted down to complete retardation. I mean, look at the respect forums KMC has already, they are insanely silly. And did anyone ever even make anything close to resembling a movie character respect thread before, or are we just assuming people will make them once the forum is there (and do we really want that?).

Really, it's purely personal though, I think it will dumb down the movie forum, with the kind of people who like vs. and respect threads (idiots).
I seem to remember you in the Bob Lee Swagger/Batman thread.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 09:25 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I seem to remember you in the Bob Lee Swagger/Batman thread.

He was just another one of those "idiots" arguing another "pointless" debate.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 09:30 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I edited the thread title. It seemed misleading.

The MVF is for discussing movies.

The MCRF (Movie Character Respect Forum) will be solely for discussing characters and giving them your props. If Raz makes it, that is. stick out tongue

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 09:33 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by dadudemon

Very true. I also argued in the Comic vs. forums at times.

Though I am not saying that there can't be good and enjoyable debates in a vs. forum, anyways.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 11:53 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

More like arguing the fact that a .50 caliber bullet would tear through Batman like a Peter North jizzshot through wet toilet paper.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 11:53 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

What the f**k?

Oh. I get it now. You're trolling. (This time, I'm serious.)

We've been over this.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 11:55 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

More like arguing the fact that a .50 caliber bullet would tear through Batman like a Peter North jizzshot through wet toilet paper.
I did not argue against that.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 11:56 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Ohhhh. It's a movie character respect forum. now that makes more sense... I think. Idk.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 02:13 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I should have been more specific, I admit.

The MDF (Movie Discussion Forum) will stay ever vigilant in it's purpose for discussing movies of past, present, and future.

The proposed MCRF (Movie Character Respect Forum) will be for discussing movie CHARACTERS and giving them the praise that one feels that they deserve without having to make a new thread/revive a dead thread in the MDF.

I think that it will be a good idea.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 03:19 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I think Raz needs to be fired and Imped you take his place smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 06:15 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Placidity
I think Raz needs to be fired and Imped you take his place smile
Raz isn't actually employed, so that might be hard.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 09:57 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Raz isn't actually employed, so that might be hard.

I think you need to be fired too.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 10:14 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I did not argue against that.
You kinda did. Also that that the tumbler could not be pierced by .50 cal rounds, that the tumbler could not be incapacitated by a claymore, and that Batman could evade Swagger's sniper fire, his assault fire, his pistol fire, and the pipe bombs.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 02:01 PM
Bardock42

You kinda did. Also that that the tumbler could not be pierced by .50 cal rounds, that the tumbler could not be incapacitated by a claymore, and that Batman could evade Swagger's sniper fire, his assault fire, his pistol fire, and the pipe bombs.

No, I really didn't. I never said he'd survive if he did get hit, I argued that it is possible that he wouldn't get hit in the first place.

Also, I mostly argued the biased nature of the thread, not the fight itself.

I am not sure whether I commented on the tumbler, though I think not, I don't know enough about the stats of it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 03:21 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

But it wasn't really biased, man. Like I have said many times, it was two guys using their weapons seen in the movies, and utilizing the skills they showed in their movies. If Swagger was on the run and knew Batman would eventually come after him, he'd likely retreat to his home state and set up a defense there.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 07:23 PM
Bardock42

But it wasn't really biased, man. Like I have said many times, it was two guys using their weapons seen in the movies, and utilizing the skills they showed in their movies. If Swagger was on the run and knew Batman would eventually come after him, he'd likely retreat to his home state and set up a defense there.

Actually, you started out with letting Batman walk out of the mobile and stand in straight line of sight for Swagger to shoot, so that was a bit on the biased side.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 07:26 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, you started out with letting Batman walk out of the mobile and stand in straight line of sight for Swagger to shoot, so that was a bit on the biased side.
All I did was say that Swagger has positioned himself in an ideal location, one road in and out, which, being a highly trained USMC sniper, he was entirely likely to do. How Batman got to him was up to Batman and entirely open for debate.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 07:41 PM
Bardock42

All I did was say that Swagger has positioned himself in an ideal location, one road in and out, which, being a highly trained USMC sniper, he was entirely likely to do. How Batman got to him was up to Batman and entirely open for debate.

That is incorrect.

I should probably state that the road only leads so far, that Batman must exit his vehicle and pursue Swagger on foot at a certain point. Also that claymores have been placed at strategic locations throughout the woods, claymores that would shred the Bat if steps into their blast radius.

Why are we arguing this here though?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 07:52 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is incorrect.

Why are we arguing this here though?

The first part, I stated it like that in case some moron came along and said "ZOMG Batman can run him over in the tumbler!!!" After all, doesn't Batman make a living apprehending the most hard core criminals while on foot?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 08:02 PM
Bardock42

The first part, I stated it like that in case some moron came along and said "ZOMG Batman can run him over in the tumbler!!!" After all, doesn't Batman make a living apprehending the most hard core criminals while on foot?

He doesn't actually get paid, and the movies didn't show much on his general day to day crime fighting.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 08:09 PM